Beware of Gotwofour.info website and its pop-ups. Clicking on it can be tricky and push unwanted contents on the browser. Read the article to know more about it.
Gotwofour.info-What is it?
Gotwofour.info is identified to be a deceptive web domain that most of the web browsers. This redirect webpage bothers users with lots of unwanted pop-ups and ads. This notorious redirect page shows up misleading contents for which is regarded as a browser redirect threat for the users.
Gotwofour.info attacks due to clicking on malicious links and downloading any web extension that may alter browser settings without letting the users know. Thus your browser is forced to redirect to Gotwofour.info site.
The page interrupts while surfing by asking users to confirm for its push notifications to further view the contents of the page.
The Gotwofour.info says:
Gotwofour.info wants to Show notifications
Press tap the Allow button to continue
By allowing this site, you may grant the permission to show non-stop pop-up advertisements. If you are receiving constant pop-ups from this site, then your computer may be infected with any Adware.
Gotwofour.info will slowly take-over the control of web browser which causes frequent redirects and creates havoc for the users. Additionally, it annoys the user by readdressing the searches to other destructive domain which forces the user to download unwanted free programs such as videos, games, files and many others.
Users are advised not to click on its links and quickly remove Gotwofour.info virus from the PC.
Remove Gotwofour.info pop-up virus
The constant appearance of pop-ups and redirects from Gotwofour.info may slowly hamper the performance of the system. It will make the situation worse for you. As it is managed by any Adware that modifies system and browser settings to automatically redirect to questionable sites. These redirection and pop-ups will continue to bother users until all the traces of the threat not be removed permanently.
The safest way to deal with Gotwofour.info pop-up virus is to scan your infected device with effective anti-malware program. As it is not possible to manually trace the harmful program files and its behaviors. A powerful anti-malware program can easily detect and remove Gotwofour.info and its sources effectively.
You can try out Spyhunter to scan your infected system and detect the Adware triggering Gotwofour.info pop-ups.
If you already know about the infectious behaviors of Adware then you can try out the manual removal solution provided here.
To remove Gotwofour.info pop-ups from your Windows PC, follow the steps below:
- Block Pop-ups notifications from Gotwofour.info
- Remove Gotwofour.info from browser’s shortcut.
- Remove Gotwofour.info and other Adware from windows
- Reset web browsers
- Use HitmanPro.Alert to scan and remove Gotwofour.info.
Note: You should be cautious while performing the above manual removal of Gotwofour.info pop-ups virus.
Block the permission for the site to show push notifications from web browsers:
- Open chrome menu by clicking on three vertical dots on top-right corner. Click on “Settings“.
- On Chrome’s “Settings” Page, scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on “Advanced“.
- Navigate to “Privacy and Security” section, now click on “Content settings“.
- Click on “Notifications“. You will see list of websites that are allowed to show notifications.
- Search for “Gotwofour.info” website and click three vertical dots beside it, then click on “Remove”. This will prevent to show any push notification.(temporarily)
- Open Firefox menu by clicking on click on three horizontal lines. And choose “Options”.
- On the left side of the page, choose “Privacy & Security”.
- Go to “Permissions” section and within the Notifications menu choose “Settings” next to it.
- Locate “Gotwofour.info” website, and choose “block” from the drop-down menu.
- Click “Save Changes” button.
- On the top-right part of the browser, click on gear icon to open the menu.
- Select “Internet Options“.
- Navigate to “Privacy” tab, now choose “Pop-up Blockers” section and click on “Settings”.
- Locate for Gotwofour.info website and click on the Remove button.
- Open Microsoft Edge Menu button, by clicking on three horizontal dots. Choose Settings from the menu.
- Click on “Advanced” from the left side of the window.
- Under the “Website permission” section, click on “Manage permission“.
- Locate Gotwofour.info website and click on the X (Clear) button.
Remove browser shortcuts from opening web address.
- Right on the web browser shortcut on your desktop;
- Choose “Properties”;
- On the shortcut tab, within the “target” section, search for Gotwofour.info address after “C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe” ???.
- If you find anything apart from above, then delete it.
- Repeat with all the installed web browsers.
Remove Unwanted programs/Adware from control Panel.
- Click on “Start“, then type “Control Panel” in the search box.
- Choose the “Uninstall a program“.
- Choose the program you want to uninstall from the list and click on “Uninstall” button on top. (Most of the time malicious program will not allow you to manually remove the programs. So you can the help of Express uninstaller tool.)
Reset web browsers
Remove Gotwofour.info using HitmanPro.Alert
HitmanPro.Alert is an advanced anti-malware program that takes on proactive approach towards threat behavior and its activities. Its cloud-based scanning technique is deeply scans the system to the possible locations where threats mostly resides. This is a real-time malware program that delivers protection from latest threat, crypto-malware, ransomware, exploits, spyware, risks related to online transactions. Read the full review of HitmanPro.Alert here.
HitmanPro.Alert is best-in-class that provides various advanced features like:
- Safe Browsing;
- Exploit Mitigation;
- Risk reduction:
- Key-loggers Protection and many such.
Running HitmanPro.Alert on your computer will provide your real-time status, checks the browser integrity and alerts or any suspicious activity. So that you can have a safe browsing and online transactions. Steps To Install And Run HitmanPro.Alert
- Click on the provided link to download HitmanPro.Alert anti-malware;
- Now, open the download folder or where your program is downloaded to locate “hmpalert3”;
- Click on it, to begin the installation;
- It will ask your User Account control, if prompted click on “yes”;
- The download should begin shortly. HitmanPro.Alert window will appear, where you need to choose the options:
Choose Protection level as Maximum
And tick the other boxes and finally click on “Install”.
HitmanPro.Alert only takes 5MB of your memory and is very quick to install.
- After the installation is complete, the scan will start. First scan may take up some minutes, as it will scan the whole computer.
- The scan results are displayed. Carefully look down the list. You can here, the scan has found 1 Riskware and thousands of traces which can be risky.
- You can select the threat to delete, quranantize, ignore or, mark as safe. If you want to remove all the threats, then simply click on the “Next” button below.
- HitmanPro.Alert first creates a restore point and then starts the removal process. This helps to recover from any damage.
So, now you are done, with the removal process with HitmanPro.Alert.
Best Practices To avoid Such Infections
- Do not click on “Allow” button to the Push notifications.
- Avoid opening spam mail attachments, this is the common way through virus intrude inside. Thus, we should be cautious while getting mails from non-trusted sources.
- Keep the software program updates, so that it does not have any security patches.
- Be very cautious while downloading any freeware from third-party websites. Always download software programs from official websites. Thus avoiding any accidental download of Adware/PUPs.
- Do not use public wi-fi for online transactions, as they are not fully secure and can infect the device.
- Use a powerful anti-virus program that will keep track of the security.
By following the above tips, you can avoid viruses or unwanted programs entering on your computer. Hope this article is helpful to you.