GoogleFix.exe may weaken your security and affect the system’s performance in the long run. This article is purely based on the GoogleFix.exe program and guides you to get rid of completely.
GoogleFix.exe is a malicious process that runs silently within the background of the system to carry out a specific task. As its developers uses the name “Google”, but is nowhere related to it. Many cyber criminals and bad developers are imitating the name and logo of legitimate programs to hide the detection process. And also make users believe that this is a safe program or process.
Security researchers are still exploring GoogleFix.exe virus to gather its properties and motive behind spreading this threat. But as the nature of typical Trojan horse threat we tried to sum up some basic symptoms of GoogleFix.exe.
GoogleFix.exe virus infiltration Sources:
According to recent research on GoogleFix.exe, it is spreading via downloading freeware from fake download sites. These are ad-supported websites that aims to earn their profit by distributing Potentially harmful programs. So, it is advised to download freeware from official websites only.
Another source is through malvertising, visiting pornographic pages, clicking on ads and so on. Hope you will be careful from next time.
Let’s move on to gather some symptoms of GoogleFix.exe virus
GoogleFix.exe virus destructive actions:
After, GoogleFix.exe is successfully intruded, it modifies system settings including:
- Task Manager
- Windows File Directories
- Start Ups
- Installed Browsers
Not only these, but there are also some crucial settings that can be altered by GoogleFix.exe. Like:
- It may shut down firewall
- Change LAN settings
- Change Boot process
- Establish command and control connection with the remote hackers.
So, what can be the motive behind these actions. GoogleFix.exe. Every Trojan horse has a defined motive to attack it can be data stealing, mining of cryptocurrency, dropping Ransomware or spyware threats. Here, we cannot tell you the specific purpose of the attack, but still if you have encountered GoogleFix.exe virus then it is clear that your computer is in danger.
It can risk your privacy and send all your information to the hacker. Along with that, this threat can disrupt your browsing sessions by taking the control over it. You may notice excessive advertisements, pop-ups and random redirection. Additionally, it will not allow you to work offline like playing games, watching videos and running other productive applications. As such nasty programs keeps running within the system’s background and consumes most of the resources.
Thus, you are dealing with GoogleFix.exe virus, then we would suggest you to quickly remove it from the system and secure your privacy.
How to Remove GoogleFix.exe virus from infected device?
Trojans program does a lots of changes to the host machine to silently executes lots of activities within background. It also downloads and installs other malware which is difficult find manually as it may appear to be legitimate program file but it could be actually a GoogleFix.exe virus or a malware.
Find below the quick removal solution to get rid of GoogleFix.exe virus and its associated programs.
Note! If your Mac OS is infected with GoogleFix.exe then please visit this link for Mac OS Virus Removal Guide.
“Windows OS: Use Anti-Malware To Scan And Remove GoogleFix.exe (Recommended)”
SpyHunter is a giant among the security programs that use advanced threat detection technology to remove any sort of Adware/PUPs, Browser hijacker, Trojans, Rootkits, Fake system optimization tools, worms, and rootkits.
It not only remove threats but provides rigorous 24/7 protection from any unsolicited programs, vulnerability or rootkits attacks.
Why we are recommending SpyHunter is because of its efficiency, lightweight that only takes up 12% of the CPU space and simpler user-interface that is designed for both beginners and advanced users. Besides that, it has features which require less-user monitoring, custom scan options, system guard and 24*7 help desk support. Keeping SpyHunter actively running on your computer adds an extra security layer that protects your computer system from being attacked.
Spyhunter certified by “West Coast Labs’ Checkmark Certification System” gives you a complete money-back guarantee, if you are not satisfied with its results. Because they are sure you will going to have it on your system. So, it’s a win-win situation for you try out SpyHunter free version and if you are fully satisfied to get registered for full protection against all malicious odds that hampers your security.
Instructions To Download And Install SpyHunter 5
- Once the file “SpyHunter-Installer.exe” is downloaded, double-click on the file to open (you can see it in your browser’s bottom-left corner);
- Click “Yes” to the “User Account Control” dialog box;
- Now, choose your preferred language and then click on “OK” for the next installation step;
- Now, click on “Continue” button to proceed with the To proceed to the installation;
- Now installation will begin, please be patience as it may take few minutes;
- Click on the “Finish” button to successfully install the program.
Note: It may ask you to enter your information- there you can add your details or go with the default information to start the program.
Steps To Perform System Scan with SpyHunter
- Once the program is installed successfully, the SpyHunter 5 Anti-malware program will launch automatically. If it does not then locate the SpyHunter icon on the desktop or click on “Start” ? “Programs” ? Select “SpyHunter”.
- Now, To start the scan click on the “Home” tab and select “Start Scan Now” button. The program will now start scanning for threats, malware, unwanted programs, rootkits, and system vulnerabilities.
- The scan will report will all the details of the result along with system errors, vulnerabilities and malware found.
- SpyHunter 5 groups your scan results into categories determined by the type of objects detected: “Malware“, “PUPs” (Potentially Unwanted Programs), “Privacy“, “Vulnerabilities“, and “Whitelisted objects“, as shown in the screenshot below:
- To select an object for removal, just select the checkbox at the left of the object. You can select or deselect any objects displayed in the “Malware,” “PUPs” or “Privacy” tabs. We have included a convenient “Select All” feature that will allow you to select or deselect all objects displayed in a specific tab. To utilize this feature, simply select the checkbox at the left in the specific tab (9)
- Once you have selected which objects you would like to remove, click the “Next” button.
Note: Any objects that you choose to remove will be securely stored in SpyHunter’s “Quarantine.” If at any time, you would like to restore a previously removed object(s), you can do so through SpyHunter’s “Restore” feature. To locate the object, go to the “Malware/PC Scan” tab and then click the “Quarantine” tab. From the “Quarantine” tab, you may restore an object by selecting the checkbox at the left of the object and clicking the “Restore” button.
If you want to know more about it, you are welcomed to check out the full review of SpyHunter 5.
“Windows OS: Manually Find And Remove GoogleFix.exe ( Only Recommended For Advanced Users)”
The manual steps guided below are the links separately made with caution, to avoid any confusion to our readers. Please follow the links below and perform them one by one. If you are going for the manual removal process, then we recommend you to print/download these instructions or open it from another uninfected computer or laptop and follow step-by-step manual removal instruction. Windows OS PDF Guide.
- Step 1: Manually Killing the malicious processes, disabling suspicious programs and then removing the remaining virus and its traces by scanning.
- Step 2: Remove Trojan Virus Using System Restore Procedure.
- Step 3: Download effective antivirus program and scan your computer to ensure successful removal of Trojan threat.