GetCrypt is a file-encrypting ransomware threat that uses “.vip” extension to lock the files on the PC. It means like any other ransomware, it also encrypts the important files on the target computer system and appends the file with .vip extension. Thus the files on the victims PC will no more be accessible. But, unlike other ransomware threat, GetCrypt ransomware ads a secondary extension to the encrypted files so the recovery becomes impossible.
GetCrypt is distributed using “RigEK” campaigns. And after installing on the machine, it quickly starts the encryption process. The threat leaves a ransom note notifying the victim about the encryption and ask them follow the instruction to contact to the authors to get the decryption key.
GetCrypt (.vip Files) Ransomware virus Distribution methods:
GetCrypt (.vip Files) virus usually spread through malicious scripts carrying the payloads of the virus. The payloads of the threat is distributed online via social media sharing, fake email attachments, p2p file sharing and clicking on fraud links. Once the payload of the virus is dropped on the system, it starts downloading the infectious files and installs it on the system. Thus, your system can get infected with GetCrypt (.vip Files) ransomware.
After that, it uses strong cipher algorithm to encrypt files like images, documents, PDFs, audio and video files and append with .vip extension. The ransomware note is dropped in a text file known as # DECRYPT MY FILES #.txt.
The message on the note states that:
Attention! Your computer has been attacked by virus-encoder!
All your files are now encrypted using cryptographicalli strong aslgorithm.
Without the original key recovery is impossible.
TO GET YOUR DECODER AND THE ORIGINAL KEY TO DECRYPT YOUR FILES
YOU NEED TO EMAIL US AT: GETCRYPT@COCK.LI
It is in your interest to respond as soon as possible to ensure the restoration of your files.
P.S only in case you do not receive a response from the first email address within 48 hours,
please use this alternative email address: CRYPTGET@TUTANOTA.COM
1. Open your browser
2. Write to our mail: GETCRYPT@COCK.LI
3. Attach the encrypted_key.bin from %appdata% to your message
After encrypting the files, the GetCrypt (.vip Files) Virus may delete the shadow volume copies of the files from the system by executing the command:
→vssadmin.exe delete shadows /all /Quiet.
The ransomware also edits windows registry entries to schedule its auto-launch of its program.
Whatever circumstance appear, security experts never recommend paying the ransom as it is not worth it. As the extortionists may not provide with full decryption key or restores your files.
If your computer is attacked by GetCrypt (.vip Files) ransomware then the first symptom you will see is your files are locked with .vip extension and along with random extension generated by their program.
This guide may be helpful to you in removing GetCrypt (.vip Files) ransomware threat by both manual and automatic removal solution. You should try recovering your files from backups or data recovery tools given below.
How To RemoveGetCrypt (.vip Files) Ransomware virus Without Paying Ransom
In this guide, you will find removal instruction of GetCrypt (.vip Files) Ransomware virus both manually and using anti-malware tool. At times, virus does not allow the installation or scanning of anti-virus program, so you need to switch to “safe mode with networking”. After that you can try recovery of your data if you have any backup or we have listed some methods which may help you to recover some of your data.
Ransomware attacks can be haunting for any user as the system contains our valuable data which we cannot afford to lose. The best tip any security expert will give you is to keep backup of your important documents to fight against such threats. Don’t forget to read the preventive guidelines at the end of the article which will help you stay safe from such attacks in future.
Use Ransomware Defender To Remove GetCrypt (.vip Files) (Recommended)”
Ransomware Defender Overview
ShieldApps’ Ransomware Defender is a specially designed security program for Ransomware threats. This anti-ransomware program detects and permanently blocks any ransomware prior to its attack on the protected system.
Ransomware Defender maintains its threat database and its related information which makes the program proactively detect any sort of threat and notifies users upon detection. This anti-ransomware program works well along with your primary anti-malware applications and does not interfere with its work.
Ransomware Defender is compatible with Windows 7, 8, 8.1 and 10. And is suitable for both home and business network. It has various prominent features like real-time ransomware detection, scan protection, history cleaner, file transfer tools and automated scans that helps in better detection of ransomware threat and blacklist them from your system permanently. Additionally, this anti-ransomware solution also provides firewall security, internet protection, mobile security, and virtual private network configuration. The solution also offers 24/7 customer support via email.
If you generally do not keep backups of your important files and documents or use your computer or device for storing financial and business details, then it is very important to keep them secure. Here Ransomware Defender is proved as a comprehensive anti-ransomware solution.
Do not compromise with your computer’s security.
Ransomware Defender solution comes with a subscription of $49.95.
Ransomware Defender Features
- Ransomware Protection: This ransomware solution effectively detects, removes and blacklists any ransomware that attempts to attack your system. And always keep monitoring the system within background for any possible attacks.
- Smart Ransomware Detection: Due to its advanced technology of threat detection, you can rest assured of system protection. It will give real-time updates and report of any suspicious activity.
- Internet Security: Protects from any unethical web activity, malicious attempts to breach your internet security, blocks any malicious websites and infected online scripts through ransomware generally enter.
- Scheduled Scan/Clean Action: It provides a user-friendly and fully automated solution for schedule scans at your preferred timings, thus even if you forgot to manually scan your computer you are still protected.
- Secure File Eraser: It’s a very important feature provided by Ransomware defender that empowers you to fix any of your files/applications that you suspect as infected.
- 24/7 PROTECTION: Ransomware Defender provides 24/7 real-time protection due to its auto and schedules scan mechanism that guards your system all the time.
Installing Ransomware Defender
- Click on the link to Download Ransomware Defender.
- Choose the location to save the installation file and click on “save”.
- After the download is completed, double-click on the downloaded file to open.
- If prompted by User Account Control: click on “Yes” button.
- This will open an installation wizard. Click on “Install“. Now simply follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation procedure.
- After Ransomware Defender successfully installs, a new tab or window will open on your browser showing confirmation of the installation.
Run Scan To Detect GetCrypt (.vip Files) Ransomware threat on your computer
Follow the steps to properly scan and remove GetCrypt (.vip Files) ransomware threat from your computer:
- Start the scan: Once the installation is completed, the Ransomware defender application window will open. Here you have 3 options for scan: Quick, Deep, and Custom. We suggest doing Deep scanning for the first time for better detection of ransomware threats.
- Let the scanning process be completed: Scan will take a few minutes so be patient and let the scan be fully completed.
- Review the Scan Results and remove the threats: Review the scan results that will show all the threats and malware found during the scan process, you can manually choose to remove the threats one-by-one by clicking on the threat name and select “delete” or simply click on the “Clean All” button.
Manually Find And Remove GetCrypt (.vip Files) (Recommended Only For Advanced Users)
The manual steps guided below are the links separately made with caution, to avoid any confusion to our readers. Please follow the links below and perform them one by one. If you are going for the manual removal process, then we recommend you to print/download these instructions or open it from another uninfected computer or laptop and follow step-by-step manual removal instruction. Windows OS PDF Guide.
Method 1: Remove GetCrypt (.vip Files) Ransomware and its associated files from the computer through safe mode with command prompt.
- Reboot your computer to “Safe Mode with Command Prompt”
- End malicious process from “Task Manager“
- Deep Scan the infected computer to ensure complete removal (Recommended)
Method 2: Remove GetCrypt (.vip Files) Ransomware virus using System Restore Procedure
After that, the ransomware threat should go, but if it is still there, then you need to try another method which is the “System Restore”. Click here to perform System Restore in Windows OS.
How to Restore the Encrypted Files?
Click here to know How you can restore the encrypted file.