FreeStreamz Search is nothing more than an Adware that use your browsing data to serve marketing campaigns. Here is the detailed guide about Adware causing FreeStreamz Search redirects.
What is FreeStreamz Search?
FreeStreamz Search is a mysterious search engine that silently appears on the browsers. This search engine is offered by FreeStreamz extension that may unexpectedly appears as pop-ups from any redirected web page. This pop-up asks users to install “FreeStreamz” extension on your browser. Somehow, if you install this extension, then soon you will strange behaviors on the affected browser.
FreeStreamz is actually an Adware that is distributed through bundled freeware distribution method that conceals package programs to be installed along with the main program. It is used to push variety of advertisements, banners and links to build the traffic on third-party pages and earn commission. So, once you allow this extension, it will modify default browser’s settings. So you may notice your homepage as FreeStreamz Search and search engine altered to “hxxps://feed.free-streamz.com“.
If you use this search engine to perform any searches, then it will send the search queries to multiple third-party sites like Trovi to fetch related ads and links. And the end result is displayed using Yahoo or bing search service.
FreeStreamz Search will flood the whole browser with irrelevant search results and links. Often clicking on them redirect to questionable sites that may expose the privacy. Along with that, this browser hijacker can read and change the data on the websites visited by the users to present its sponsored ads on the pages and make its profit.
FreeStreamz Search hijacker will slowly hamper your browsing and carry out various disturbing actions. This adware can be the worst thing happened to your browser as it will silently expose your PC to other harmful threats to easily intrude inside.
Thus, it is better to remove FreeStreamz Search redirect as soon as possible.
How FreeStreamz Search affects the web browsers?
Apart from modifying the homepage and new tab of the affected browser, FreeStreamz Search will also insert its addon/extensions, modify bookmarks and redirect to annoying pages each time user set to surf. Thus, you will find your webpage every time redirecting you to unknown web domains which are against your wish. FreeStreamz Search hijacker will never show useful results and instead line up lots of commercial contents like ads, pop-ups and redirecting links that will make browsing too difficult for you. Sometimes, it may encourage the download of third-party programs that leads to other infections on the computer.
Thus, it is no surprise if you start noticing strange behavior on your computer like sluggish performance, application crash down and file missing.
It is thus better to use effective removal tool to scan and remove all Adware.
To Manually Remove FreeStreamz Search browser hijacker, follow the below steps carefully:
The manual steps guided below are the links separately made with caution, to avoid any confusion to our readers. Please follow the links below and perform them one by one. If you are going for the manual removal process, then we recommend you to print/download these instructions or open it from another uninfected computer or laptop and follow step-by-step manual removal instruction. Windows OS PDF Guide.
Remove FreeStreamz Search extension from the web browsers
- Click the Chrome menu appearing on the top right corner of the browser as three vertical dots;
- Select “Settings”;
- Click “Extensions,” (steps by slightly differ due to browser versions, to avoid any clash simply copy this URL “chrome://extensions/” and paste it within the search bar).
- Once the extension page appears, look for any suspicious extension that you may have choose to install.
- Click on the trash icon or “Remove” button.
- Start your Firefox browser and click on three horizontal lines on top right corner to open menu then select “Add-ons”. You can also press Ctrl+Shift+A on your keyboard or copy and paste “about:addons” to the address bar to open the ‘Add-Ons Manager’ page. This page will show you the list of all extensions/add-ons installed on your browser.
- Select Extensions, and check the installed extensions and if it stands out to be an Adware/PUP then
- Click on Remove button.
- You may be prompted to restart the browser then do it make the changes successful.
- On Internet Explorer browser click “Tools,” icon;
- Select “Manage add-ons.” Within the Manage add-ons window on show section choose “All add-ons”. This will list all the toolbars and extensions installed on the browser.
- Select the ones which are unusual and can be recognized as an Adware;
- Click “Disable.”
- Repeat the steps for all unwanted add-ons and extensions.
Reset web browsers
Scan your computer for complete removal of FreeStreamz Search.
Note: The above manual steps may not guarantee the full removal, as the complete removal of any harmful program means more than that. They have the ability to modify the browser settings again and again, till its associated files and registries are not completely removed.
If you are not familiar with the above steps then, we recommend you to choose the automatic removal of Wise Search Adware.
Remove FreeStreamz Search using HitmanPro.Alert.
HitmanPro.Alert is an advanced anti-malware program that takes on proactive approach towards threat behavior and its activities. Its cloud-based scanning technique is deeply scans the system to the possible locations where threats mostly resides. This is a real-time malware program that delivers protection from latest threat, crypto-malware, ransomware, exploits, spyware, risks related to online transactions.
HitmanPro.Alert is best-in-class that provides various advanced features like:
- Safe Browsing;
- Exploit Mitigation;
- Risk reduction:
- Key-loggers Protection and many such.
Running HitmanPro.Alert on your computer will provide your real-time status, checks the browser integrity and alerts or any suspicious activity. So that you can have a safe browsing and online transactions. Read the full review of HitmanPro.Alert here.
- Click on the provided link to download HitmanPro.Alert anti-malware;
- Now, open the download folder or where your program is downloaded to locate “hmpalert3”;
- Click on it, to begin the installation;
- It will ask your User Account control, if prompted click on “yes”;
- The download should begin shortly. HitmanPro.Alert window will appear, where you need to choose the options:
Choose Protection level as Maximum
And tick the other boxes and finally click on “Install”.
HitmanPro.Alert only takes 5MB of your memory and is very quick to install.
- After the installation is complete, the scan will start. First scan may take up some minutes, as it will scan the whole computer.
- The scan results are displayed. Carefully look down the list. You can here, the scan has found 1 Riskware and thousands of traces which can be risky.
- You can select the threat to delete, quranantize, ignore or, mark as safe. If you want to remove all the threats, then simply click on the “Next” button below.
- HitmanPro.Alert first creates a restore point and then starts the removal process. This helps to recover from any damage.
So, now you are done, with the removal process with HitmanPro.Alert.
However, these steps may help you successfully remove FreeStreamz Search browser hijacker, but should be cautious while you do any kind of online activity. Always pay attention to what you choose to download, as various freeware downloads come as software bundles.
These bundles may purposely drop other harmful programs on the computer. Better to opt for Advanced or custom installation procedure to avoid installation of unknown programs.
Hope you find this article helpful.