Floxif Trojan or Trojan.Floxif is a persistent Trojan threat that aims to silently host within the computer and do various illegal actions. But the main aim behind this attack is to steal confidential data stored on the host machine.
Besides that, Floxif Trojan can be used to:
- Download and install other destructive programs.
- Execute various .exe files to carry out specific tasks.
- Neutralize installed anti-virus/malware program.
- Allow remote hackers to control the compromised machine.
- Cause browser redirect issue, push fake update links that can download Adware and spyware programs.
Floxif Trojan can stay undetected on the system and silently execute malicious tasks.
Your computer get this Trojan infection while downloaded corrupted software program, fake versions of legitimate apps like CCleaner. Most of the time, such Trojan programs are hidden by imitating to be other legitimate programs. There are various tricky websites uses bundling method to distribute harmful program. Once user download the free software, they conceal additional programs that installs automatically with the main downloaded program. Floxif Trojan is also detected as Trojan.Floxif.AppFIsh and by similar other names.
Once the Floxif Trojan gets installed on the target system, it does various modifications to the system registry and also drop various files within the “C:\Program Files\Common Files\system\” location:
Additionally the following registry entries can be found if the system is infected with Floxif Trojan:
After that, Floxif Trojan begins its actions that goes undetected by the user. The presence of this destructive Trojan can be a threat to security and privacy. As it keeps track of the activities of the user and record keystrokes, take screenshots and harvest useful information like visited URL, passwords and so on. Apart from that, Floxif Trojan can also read, delete, edit files on the system by rewriting the privileges. Initially, it may not give you any symptoms of its existence, but soon you will start noticing various strange behaviors like:
- Performance degradation;
- System slowdown;
- CPU consuming lots of resources even when idle.
- Memory low;
- Browser redirection;
- Unexpected crash of applications, games and videos.
Thus, Floxif Trojan should not be allowed on the infected PC to stay for long. As it presence can cause lots of troubles.
How to Remove Floxif Trojan
The removal process of Floxif Trojan is tough like any other virus. It can leave you puzzled as it does too many modifications to the system internal settings. This may take enough time and patience to do it manually. That even may not ensure you complete removal.
For our readers to understand, we have put our best possible solution that can help to remove this threat. But we suggest you to only try this if you are familiar with system configurations, registries keys and its subkeys values and also boot settings.
While performing the manual solution, be enough cautious and if you get confused at any point of time, them leave it and take the help of powerful anti-malware program to detect and remove the virus. This will not only ensure safe removal of Floxif Trojan but also restore default system settings.
To Remove Floxif Trojan, follow these steps:
The manual steps below contains the instructions separately to avoid any confusion to our readers. Please follow the links below and perform them one by one. If you are going for the manual removal process, then we recommend you to print/download these instructions. Or you can open it from another uninfected computer or laptop. And follow step-by-step manual removal instruction: Windows OS PDF Guide.
Step 1:Remove Floxif Trojan From WindowsOS
Step 2: Remove Trojan Virus Using System Restore Procedure. (Advanced option)
Step 3: Remove Floxif Trojan using HitmanPro.Alert
HitmanPro.Alert is an advanced anti-malware program that takes on proactive approach towards threat behavior and its activities. Its cloud-based scanning technique is deeply scans the system to the possible locations where threats mostly resides. This is a real-time malware program that delivers protection from latest threat, crypto-malware, ransomware, exploits, spyware, risks related to online transactions.
HitmanPro.Alert is best-in-class that provides various advanced features like:
- Safe Browsing;
- Exploit Mitigation;
- Risk reduction:
- Key-loggers Protection and many such.
Running HitmanPro.Alert on your computer will provide your real-time status, checks the browser integrity and alerts or any suspicious activity. So that you can have a safe browsing and online transactions. Read the full review of HitmanPro.Alert here.
Steps To Install And Run HitmanPro.Alert
- Click on the provided link to download HitmanPro.Alert anti-malware;
- Now, open the download folder or where your program is downloaded to locate “hmpalert3”;
- Click on it, to begin the installation;
- It will ask your User Account control, if prompted click on “yes”;
- The download should begin shortly. HitmanPro.Alert window will appear, where you need to choose the options:
Choose Protection level as Maximum
And tick the other boxes and finally click on “Install”.
HitmanPro.Alert only takes 5MB of your memory and is very quick to install.
- After the installation is complete, the scan will start. First scan may take up some minutes, as it will scan the whole computer.
- The scan results are displayed. Carefully look down the list. You can here, the scan has found 1 Riskware and thousands of traces which can be risky.
- You can select the threat to delete, quranantize, ignore or, mark as safe. If you want to remove all the threats, then simply click on the “Next” button below.
- HitmanPro.Alert first creates a restore point and then starts the removal process. This helps to recover from any damage.
So, now you are done, with the removal process with HitmanPro.Alert.
Step 4: System Restore Procedure
- After Removal of Floxif Trojan, it is important to restore the damages done by it. As it attacks windows registry to add its keys and values to execute as the system starts. All these keys may help the program to regenerate its codes. To repair the registry and restore to its previous state, we recommend the “Reimage Tool“, that cleans all the traces of threat and fix all windows errors.
Best Practices To avoid Such Infections
- Keep a secure firewall for the system. This will help block any unwanted internet connections to your device.
- Do not open spam mail attachments from unknown sender. This is the common way through which malicious programs intrude inside. Thus, we should be cautious while getting mails from non-trusted sources.
- Keep the software program updates, so that it does not have any security patches.
- Be very cautious while downloading any freeware from third-party websites. Always download software programs from official websites. Thus avoiding any accidental download of Adware/PUPs.
- Do not use public wi-fi for online transactions, as they are not fully secure and can infect the device.
- Use a powerful anti-virus program that will keep track of the security.
By following the above tips, you can avoid viruses or unwanted programs entering on your computer. Hope this article is helpful to you.