Your default homepage may change to “Feed.game-jungle.com”, when user download “Game Jungle” extension on their web browser. It can mess the whole browser with unwanted ads and pop-ups. Here is the detailed guide about Adware causing Feed.game-jungle.com redirects.
What is Feed.game-jungle.com?
Feed.game-jungle.com is a dubious search engine that is meant to hijack the targeted web browsers. It may come along with Game Jungle that users may knowingly or unknowingly add as a browser extension.
After that, this Adware program stealthily modifies browser settings particularly the default homepage URL to hxxp://feed.game-jungle.com. Thus, whenever users opens its browser Feed.game-jungle.com launches as default web services after which your searches will be redirected to third-party search engine. And the end results are displayed through Yahoo Search engine to appear it legitimate. But along with the search results, this ad-driven program drops various paid links and sponsored ads above the results displayed. This often bothers users and trick them to visit unknown websites.
Clicking on them often cause browser redirect to questionable sites and makes the browser unresponsive. Thus, if you wish to have uninterrupted browsing then quickly uninstall unwanted program and remove Feed.game-jungle.com as soon as possible.
Browser hijackers are distributed along with Freeware downloads
Most of the time, user may not know how Feed.game-jungle.com got inside their browser as it comes bundled through freeware installation method known as “bundling”. Once user installs the freeware program, then additional software programs like Feed.game-jungle.com gets automatically installed on the computer system without asking further permissions.
How Feed.game-jungle.com affects the web browsers?
Once installed, Feed.game-jungle.com tracks surfing records of users surfing habits and collects individual’s data like: visited site info, geo-location, keywords entered to the browser, links hit on the websites, IP address and other system related information.
The collected data by this deceitful search engine are used for advertising purposes and send fake traffic to third-party sites to generate pay-per-click revenue. Not only that, Feed.game-jungle.com is also used to generate fake online profile of users and use them for misleading purposes.
The presence Feed.game-jungle.com could also leads to browser redirects, pop-up ads and invite other potentially harmful programs to get installed. Thus, users must not delay to remove Feed.game-jungle.com browser hijacker as soon as possible.
To Manually Remove Feed.game-jungle.com browser hijacker, follow the below steps carefully:
The manual steps guided below are the links separately made with caution, to avoid any confusion to our readers. Please follow the links below and perform them one by one. If you are going for the manual removal process, then we recommend you to print/download these instructions or open it from another uninfected computer or laptop and follow step-by-step manual removal instruction. Windows OS PDF Guide.
Remove Feed.game-jungle.com extension from the web browsers
- Click the Chrome menu appearing on the top right corner of the browser as three vertical dots;
- Select “Settings”;
- Click “Extensions,” (steps by slightly differ due to browser versions, to avoid any clash simply copy this URL “chrome://extensions/” and paste it within the search bar).
- Once the extension page appears, look for “Game Jungle” or any suspicious extension that you may have choose to install.
- Click on the trash icon or “Remove” button.
- Start your Firefox browser and click on three horizontal lines on top right corner to open menu then select “Add-ons”. You can also press Ctrl+Shift+A on your keyboard or copy and paste “about:addons” to the address bar to open the ‘Add-Ons Manager’ page. This page will show you the list of all extensions/add-ons installed on your browser.
- Select Extensions, and check the installed extensions and if it stands out to be an Adware/PUP then
- Click on Remove button.
- You may be prompted to restart the browser then do it make the changes successful.
- On Internet Explorer browser click “Tools,” icon;
- Select “Manage add-ons.” Within the Manage add-ons window on show section choose “All add-ons”. This will list all the toolbars and extensions installed on the browser.
- Select the ones which are unusual and can be recognized as an Adware;
- Click “Disable.”
- Repeat the steps for all unwanted add-ons and extensions.
Reset web browsers
Scan your computer for complete removal of Feed.game-jungle.com.
Note: The above manual steps may not guarantee the full removal, as the complete removal of any harmful program means more than that. They have the ability to modify the browser settings again and again, till its associated files and registries are not completely removed.
If you are not familiar with the above steps then, we recommend you to choose the automatic removal of Wise Search Adware.
Remove Feed.game-jungle.com using HitmanPro.Alert.
HitmanPro.Alert is an advanced anti-malware program that takes on proactive approach towards threat behavior and its activities. Its cloud-based scanning technique is deeply scans the system to the possible locations where threats mostly resides. This is a real-time malware program that delivers protection from latest threat, crypto-malware, ransomware, exploits, spyware, risks related to online transactions.
HitmanPro.Alert is best-in-class that provides various advanced features like:
- Safe Browsing;
- Exploit Mitigation;
- Risk reduction:
- Key-loggers Protection and many such.
Running HitmanPro.Alert on your computer will provide your real-time status, checks the browser integrity and alerts or any suspicious activity. So that you can have a safe browsing and online transactions. Read the full review of HitmanPro.Alert here.
- Click on the provided link to download HitmanPro.Alert anti-malware;
- Now, open the download folder or where your program is downloaded to locate “hmpalert3”;
- Click on it, to begin the installation;
- It will ask your User Account control, if prompted click on “yes”;
- The download should begin shortly. HitmanPro.Alert window will appear, where you need to choose the options:
Choose Protection level as Maximum
And tick the other boxes and finally click on “Install”.
HitmanPro.Alert only takes 5MB of your memory and is very quick to install.
- After the installation is complete, the scan will start. First scan may take up some minutes, as it will scan the whole computer.
- The scan results are displayed. Carefully look down the list. You can here, the scan has found 1 Riskware and thousands of traces which can be risky.
- You can select the threat to delete, quranantize, ignore or, mark as safe. If you want to remove all the threats, then simply click on the “Next” button below.
- HitmanPro.Alert first creates a restore point and then starts the removal process. This helps to recover from any damage.
So, now you are done, with the removal process with HitmanPro.Alert.
However, these steps may help you successfully remove Feed.game-jungle.com browser hijacker, but should be cautious while you do any kind of online activity. Always pay attention to what you choose to download, as various freeware downloads come as software bundles.
These bundles may purposely drop other harmful programs on the computer. Better to opt for Advanced or custom installation procedure to avoid installation of unknown programs.
Hope you find this article helpful.