What is ExtraPulsar ? Is it a harmful application? How it got inside my computer? What harm it can do my computer? These queries may run in your mind, if you encounter ExtraPulsar process on your computer.
Don’t worry here is the solution…
What is ExtraPulsar?
ExtraPulsar is a damaging threat detected as a backdoor Trojan virus. This Trojan allows the attackers to remotely control the infected computer and steal sensitive information. But it can be used to carry out lots of destructive actions on the compromised machine. ExtraPulsar backdoor Trojan was first spotted in 2017 that uses a VSA Code to enter inside a machine. Once entered, this severe Trojan virus brings lots of changes to the Windows Operating system like modify the registry values so as to execute each time user turn on its PC. It exploits Windows servers to make them available for the attackers to enable the file-sharing. Thus your compromised machine can be further used to spread harmful infections.
ExtraPulsar mutates itself with several aliases so as to confuse the security detection or being manually removed by the user. The main intention behind distributing ExtraPulsar is to gain backdoor entry to the target system and exploit it for their own motives.
To stop your confidential information from being exploited, you should immediately scan your computer with real-time anti-malware program.
Patches within System Files may spread the payloads of ExtraPulsar
ExtraPulsar spreads through “SRVNET.SYS” which is a Microsoft service driver file. Thus users must update their operating system and other applications for any security patches. It may also gain access to your computer by exploiting network vulnerabilities and use the infected computer for various illegal activities.
All these happens without the knowledge of users. Thus it is very important to always keep your firewall on and have a powerful security tool active on the computer. There are various other damaging Trojan threats that also spread through system vulnerabilities like Beendoor, Scranos and Emotet- banking Trojan virus.
What damages it can do to the targeted device?
Being a backdoor Trojan, ExtraPulsar is primarily used to collect important data from the infected computer system. It grants the backdoor entry for other harmful programs like exploits, spyware and malware programs to host within the machine. Due to all these background activities, you may face serious troubles like performance slowdown, applications failed to respond, browser crash down and many such.
If ExtraPulsar trojan not been removed quickly then it would be a huge lose of the users.
How to Remove ExtraPulsar Trojan
The removal process of ExtraPulsar Trojan is tough like any other virus. It can leave you puzzled as it does too many modifications to the system internal settings. This may take enough time and patience to do it manually. That even may not ensure you complete removal.
For our readers to understand, we have put our best possible solution that can help to remove this threat. But we suggest you to only try this if you are familiar with system configurations, registries keys and its subkeys values and also boot settings.
While performing the manual solution, be enough cautious and if you get confused at any point of time, them leave it and take the help of powerful anti-malware program to detect and remove the virus. This will not only ensure safe removal of ExtraPulsar Trojan but also restore default system settings.
To Remove ExtraPulsar Trojan, follow these steps:
The manual steps below contains the instructions separately to avoid any confusion to our readers. Please follow the links below and perform them one by one. If you are going for the manual removal process, then we recommend you to print/download these instructions. Or you can open it from another uninfected computer or laptop. And follow step-by-step manual removal instruction: Windows OS PDF Guide.
Step 1:Remove ExtraPulsar Trojan From WindowsOS
Step 2: Remove ExtraPulsar Trojan Virus Using System Restore Procedure. (Advanced option)
Step 3: Remove ExtraPulsar Trojan using HitmanPro.Alert
HitmanPro.Alert is an advanced anti-malware program that takes on proactive approach towards threat behavior and its activities. Its cloud-based scanning technique is deeply scans the system to the possible locations where threats mostly resides. This is a real-time malware program that delivers protection from latest threat, crypto-malware, ransomware, exploits, spyware, risks related to online transactions.
HitmanPro.Alert is best-in-class that provides various advanced features like:
- Safe Browsing;
- Exploit Mitigation;
- Risk reduction:
- Key-loggers Protection and many such.
Running HitmanPro.Alert on your computer will provide your real-time status, checks the browser integrity and alerts or any suspicious activity. So that you can have a safe browsing and online transactions. Read the full review of HitmanPro.Alert here.
Steps To Install And Run HitmanPro.Alert
- Click on the provided link to download HitmanPro.Alert anti-malware;
- Now, open the download folder or where your program is downloaded to locate “hmpalert3”;
- Click on it, to begin the installation;
- It will ask your User Account control, if prompted click on “yes”;
- The download should begin shortly. HitmanPro.Alert window will appear, where you need to choose the options:
Choose Protection level as Maximum
And tick the other boxes and finally click on “Install”.
HitmanPro.Alert only takes 5MB of your memory and is very quick to install.
- After the installation is complete, the scan will start. First scan may take up some minutes, as it will scan the whole computer.
- The scan results are displayed. Carefully look down the list. You can here, the scan has found 1 Riskware and thousands of traces which can be risky.
- You can select the threat to delete, quranantize, ignore or, mark as safe. If you want to remove all the threats, then simply click on the “Next” button below.
- HitmanPro.Alert first creates a restore point and then starts the removal process. This helps to recover from any damage.
So, now you are done, with the removal process with HitmanPro.Alert.
Step 4: System Restore Procedure
- After Removal of ExtraPulsar Trojan, it is important to restore the damages done by it. As it attacks windows registry to add its keys and values to execute as the system starts. All these keys may help the program to regenerate its codes. To repair the registry and restore to its previous state, we recommend the “Reimage Tool“, that cleans all the traces of threat and fix all windows errors.
Best Practices To avoid Such Infections
- Keep a secure firewall for the system. This will help block any unwanted internet connections to your device.
- Do not open spam mail attachments from unknown sender. This is the common way through which malicious programs intrude inside. Thus, we should be cautious while getting mails from non-trusted sources.
- Keep the software program updates, so that it does not have any security patches.
- Be very cautious while downloading any freeware from third-party websites. Always download software programs from official websites. Thus avoiding any accidental download of Adware/PUPs.
- Do not use public wi-fi for online transactions, as they are not fully secure and can infect the device.
- Use a powerful anti-virus program that will keep track of the security.
By following the above tips, you can avoid viruses or unwanted programs entering on your computer. Hope this article is helpful to you.