Is DriverXYZ a virus?
DriverXYZ is a claims to be useful Windows Utility that helps users to regularly update their drivers. However, this is yet another potentially unwanted application that is not worthy to keep on the system.
If you install this program , it will start scanning the system to find any outdated drivers and present the list of drivers need an update. However along with that, it may also show some error reports that claiming to be found on the system while scanning. It scare users by saying to fix the issue immediately, otherwise it can cause performance and other issues.
But, users should not trust on such claims as they are fake and merely designed by its software to trick users into buying its full-version.
Why we are using the term virus, is because it often gets downloaded on the system from deceptive ways and makes removal a tricky process. Other than that, it does possess any worthy features and just tricks users to show fake scan reports. The PUP operates by showing showing non-existing issues on the system that tricks users to buy its software license to fix the issues.
|Adware, PUA, Fake driver update tool
|DriverXYZ arrives as a freeware that is likely to show fake scan reports. Further encouraging users to buy it.
|freeware downloads, Visiting suspicious websites like YouTube downloader, fake streaming links and so on.
|Fake scan reports, system slowdown, worthless purchases, other adware installation
Run a Scan Now– For Complete Removal of DriverXYZ security Experts Recommend using a reliable anti-malware tool.
How “DriverXYZ” Gets Install On The System?
Like, Segurazo, it is also distributed through variety of deceptive means. Typically, freeware downloads, clicking on promotional ads, fake update links, spam websites showing fake alerts and so on. Users should be careful while downloading any software from unknown sites, as they often conceal undesirable programs that hides within the installer. So, if you often install freeware then you should uncheck the option of additional program downloads. So, as to avoid installing any bundled software.
You should should never rely on such services. As they are only meant to drop other adware program along with the files.
What Happens When You Install DriverXYZ?
If this program gets installed on your system, then it takes no time to appear on your screen. Like any other anti-virus program it has the free version that lets user scan for the threats or other issues on the system. However, on presenting the scan reports when user attempts to remove the threats, it asks to “upgrade to full version” of its.
Since the Basic plan does not provide the real-time protection and other features, so it convinces users to buy it. However, both its basic or pro version is not capable to provide any protection. Instead, will run in the background and make various changes to it. Often users may face slower system performance, frequently alerts from the software of fake scan detection, and even browsing issues.
The CON artists behind such tricks takes advantage of the scare tactics to drive their attention. And make them purchase their fake software that is completely worthless.
So, many security experts consider the DriverXYZ as unsafe and should be immediately remove from the system.
How To Remove DriverXYZ fake Antivirus?
The program uses DriverXYZ.exe file to install on the system. After which it makes various modifications to the registry keys, start up and task mangers. So, users may find manual removal a tricky process. Thus, it is better to use a reputable anti-virus program like SpyHunter or HitmanPro to detect all the malicious files associated with the program and remove them safely.
In this guide, we will try to explain both manual and automatic removal methods to get rid of the virus. But if you are not familiar with the system’s internal settings then avoid doing it. Rather choose a safe way.
It is also important to have a reputable anti-malware program active on the system to avoid such issues in the future.
Remove DriverXYZ PUA Manually
To Manually Remove DriverXYZ fake anti-virus, follow the below steps carefully:
- Steps 1: Remove DriverXYZ From Control Panel.
- Step 2: Scan And Remove DriverXYZ And Other Malicious Programs With Anti-malware
Steps 1: Remove DriverXYZ From Control Panel.
Before starting the removal steps, you should disconnect your computer from internet connection. As it may trouble you removing the virus.
- In the taskbar, click on the “Search” icon. And Type “Apps And Features;”
- When the “Apps And Features” window opens, you can see the list of applications installed;
- Go through it carefully and search for DriverXYZ;
- To remove DriverXYZ, click on it to expand; And click on “Uninstall”.
Step 4: Scan And Remove DriverXYZ And Other Malicious Programs With Anti-malware
As we said earlier that DriverXYZ makes manual removal tricky. And you may have to make several attempts to do it. So, it is always better to choose a security program to safely remove the harmful program without affecting the others.
Here we will suggest, Spyhunter 5 as well as HitmanPro real-time security program to remove DriverXYZ fake program. Follow the below instructions for both.
“Windows OS: Use SpyHunter To Scan And Remove DriverXYZ (Recommended)”
SpyHunter is a giant among the security programs. It uses advance threat detection method to remove any sort of Adware/PUPs, Browser hijacker, Trojans, Rootkits, Fake system optimization tools, worms, and rootkits.
Besides that, it provides 24/7 protection from any unsolicited programs, vulnerability or rootkits attacks. Thus, keeping SpyHunter actively running on your computer add an extra security layer.
Steps To Perform System Scan with SpyHunter 5
- Once the program is installed successfully, the SpyHunter 5 Anti-malware program will launch automatically. If it does not then locate the SpyHunter icon on the desktop or click on “Start” ? “Programs” ? Select “SpyHunter”.
- Now, To start the scan click on the “Home” tab and select “Start Scan Now” button. The program will now start scanning for DriverXYZ and other associated programs.
- The scan will report will all the details of the result about DriverXYZ along with system errors, vulnerabilities and malware found.
- Once you have found DriverXYZ as shown in the screenshot below:
- To select an object for removal, just select the checkbox at the left of the object and click on “Next“. You can select or deselect any objects displayed in the “Malware,” “PUPs” or “Privacy” tabs. It has a “Select All” feature that allows to select or deselect all objects displayed in a specific tab. To utilize this feature, simply select the checkbox at the left in the specific tab (9).
- Once you have selected which objects you would like to remove, click the “Next” button.
If you want to know more about it, you are welcomed to check out the full review of SpyHunter 5.
“Windows OS: Use HitmaPro To Scan And Remove DriverXYZ (Additional)”
HitmanPro.Alert is an advanced anti-malware program that takes on proactive approach towards threat behavior and its activities. This is a real-time malware program that delivers protection from latest threat. Including crypto-malware, ransomware, exploits, spyware, risks related to online transactions.
Thus, running HitmanPro.Alert on your computer will provide your real-time status, checks the browser integrity and alerts or any suspicious activity. So that you can have a safe browsing and online transactions. Read the full review of HitmanPro.Alert here.
- Click on the provided link to download HitmanPro.Alert anti-malware;
- Now, open the download folder to locate “hmpalert3”;
- Click on it, to begin the installation;
- It will ask your User Account control, if prompted click on “yes”; The download should begin shortly. HitmanPro.Alert window will appear, where you need to choose the options:
- Choose Protection level as Maximum
- And tick the other boxes and finally click on “Install”.
- HitmanPro.Alert only takes 5MB of your memory and is very quick to install.
- After the installation is complete, the scan will start. First scan may take up some minutes, as it will scan the whole computer.
- The scan results are here. Carefully look down the list. You can here, the scan has found 1 Riskware and thousands of traces which can be risky.
- You can select the threat to delete, quarantine, ignore or, mark as safe. If you want to remove all the threats, then simply click on the “Next” button below.
- HitmanPro.Alert first creates a restore point and then starts the removal process. This helps to recover from any damage.
So, by performing the above steps, you can get rid of DriverXYZ.
However, these steps may help you successfully remove DriverXYZ. But you should be cautious while you do any kind of online activity. So, always pay attention to what you choose to download, as various freeware downloads come as software bundles.
Most often, these bundles may purposely drop other harmful programs on the computer. Therefore, it is better to opt for Advanced or custom installation procedure to avoid installation of unknown programs.
Hopefully, you may find this article helpful.