DBUpdater.exe is a crypto-Miner Trojan program that utilizes CPU resources to mine crypto-currency and generates revenue.
What is DBUpdater.exe Miner Trojan?
DBUpdater.exe is a CPU Miner process that is associated with OSDSoft program. It is designed to launch various random processes. And consumes more than 90% of the CPU resources of the infected machine to mine cryptocurrency.
The Task Manager Window appears as:
DBUpdater.exe aims to stealthily make profit at the expenses of innocent users. The presence of the CPU Miner means your computer’s resources will be highly negotiated. You won’t be able to perform any task until OSDSoft DBUpdater.exe CPU Miner program is removed. The CPU miner not only affects the performance of the computer but also may affect hardware and ultimately lowers of the lifespan of your device.
DBUpdater.exe Miner infiltration Sources:
OSDSoft DBUpdater.exe Miner mostly bundles with other Adware programs and are silently dropped inside the victim’s PC. Also, you may get this destructive program while you unknowingly click any fake update link that pretends to be a useful program like Flash player, browser version or any browser extensions.
Therefore, it is advised not to download any freeware from unverified sources or third-party platforms. Also never hurry to click any link that comes to your browsing screen. As it may be a trick to install any harmful Adware program.
DBUpdater.exe Miner destructive actions:
If your computer is infected with DBUpdater.exe Miner then, then you may notice the following symptoms:
- CPU showing 90% usage and very high graphics card usage
- Web browser loads slowly and is consuming lots of CPU resources
- You may see the random process or DBUpdater.exe running under Task manager window.
- Applications like games, videos and other system programs runs slow and even the screen may crash
- Delay in opening any program and maximizing/minimizing window too takes time.
Computer and browser acts too sluggish.
- The presence of DBUpdater.exe Miner or any other CPU miner can affect the hardware and software components like CPU, graphics card and memory drives.
How to Remove DBUpdater.exe Miner from infected device?
CPU Miners program does a lot of changes to the host machine to silently executes lots of activities within background. It also downloads and installs other malware which is difficult find manually as it may appear to be legitimate program file but it could be actually a DBUpdater.exe Miner or other harmful programs.
DBUpdater.exe Miner program should be removed as early as possible from the compromised system and avoid any other long-term damage.
Security experts never recommend attempting manual removal for a CPU Miner threat like DBUpdater.exe Miner as it may cause adverse effect on the computer and further leads to complete damage. Always go a reputable and powerful anti-malware scan to your infected system to detect and remove the DBUpdater.exe Miner threat.
Note! If your Mac OS is infected with DBUpdater.exe then please visit this link for Mac OS Virus Removal Guide.
“Windows OS: Use Anti-Malware To Scan And Remove DBUpdater.exe (Recommended)”
SpyHunter is a giant among the security programs that use advanced threat detection technology to remove any sort of Adware/PUPs, Browser hijacker, Trojans, Rootkits, Fake system optimization tools, worms, and rootkits.
It not only remove threats but provides rigorous 24/7 protection from any unsolicited programs, vulnerability or rootkits attacks.
Why we are recommending SpyHunter is because of its efficiency, lightweight that only takes up 12% of the CPU space and simpler user-interface that is designed for both beginners and advanced users. Besides that, it has features which require less-user monitoring, custom scan options, system guard and 24*7 help desk support. Keeping SpyHunter actively running on your computer adds an extra security layer that protects your computer system from being attacked.
Spyhunter certified by “West Coast Labs’ Checkmark Certification System” gives you a complete money-back guarantee, if you are not satisfied with its results. Because they are sure you will going to have it on your system. So, it’s a win-win situation for you try out SpyHunter free version and if you are fully satisfied to get registered for full protection against all malicious odds that hampers your security.
Instructions To Download And Install SpyHunter 5
- Once the file “SpyHunter-Installer.exe” is downloaded, double-click on the file to open (you can see it in your browser’s bottom-left corner);
- Click “Yes” to the “User Account Control” dialog box;
- Now, choose your preferred language and then click on “OK” for the next installation step;
- Now, click on “Continue” button to proceed with the To proceed to the installation;
- Now installation will begin, please be patience as it may take few minutes;
- Click on the “Finish” button to successfully install the program.
Note: It may ask you to enter your information- there you can add your details or go with the default information to start the program.
Steps To Perform System Scan with SpyHunter
- Once the program is installed successfully, the SpyHunter 5 Anti-malware program will launch automatically. If it does not then locate the SpyHunter icon on the desktop or click on “Start” ? “Programs” ? Select “SpyHunter”.
- Now, To start the scan click on the “Home” tab and select “Start Scan Now” button. The program will now start scanning for threats, malware, unwanted programs, rootkits, and system vulnerabilities.
- The scan will report will all the details of the result along with system errors, vulnerabilities and malware found.
- SpyHunter 5 groups your scan results into categories determined by the type of objects detected: “Malware“, “PUPs” (Potentially Unwanted Programs), “Privacy“, “Vulnerabilities“, and “Whitelisted objects“, as shown in the screenshot below:
- To select an object for removal, just select the checkbox at the left of the object. You can select or deselect any objects displayed in the “Malware,” “PUPs” or “Privacy” tabs. We have included a convenient “Select All” feature that will allow you to select or deselect all objects displayed in a specific tab. To utilize this feature, simply select the checkbox at the left in the specific tab (9)
- Once you have selected which objects you would like to remove, click the “Next” button.
Note: Any objects that you choose to remove will be securely stored in SpyHunter’s “Quarantine.” If at any time, you would like to restore a previously removed object(s), you can do so through SpyHunter’s “Restore” feature. To locate the object, go to the “Malware/PC Scan” tab and then click the “Quarantine” tab. From the “Quarantine” tab, you may restore an object by selecting the checkbox at the left of the object and clicking the “Restore” button.
If you want to know more about it, you are welcomed to check out the full review of SpyHunter 5.
“Windows OS: Manually Find And Remove DBUpdater.exe ( Only Recommended For Advanced Users)”
The manual steps guided below are the links separately made with caution, to avoid any confusion to our readers. Please follow the links below and perform them one by one. If you are going for the manual removal process, then we recommend you to print/download these instructions or open it from another uninfected computer or laptop and follow step-by-step manual removal instruction. Windows OS PDF Guide.
- Step 1: Manually Killing the malicious processes, disabling suspicious programs and then removing the remaining virus and its traces by scanning.
- Step 2: Remove Trojan Virus Using System Restore Procedure.
- Step 3: Download effective antivirus program and scan your computer to ensure successful removal of Trojan threat.