You landed here, it means your files on the PC may be encrypted with .craftul extension, this is an indication of your computer infected with ransomware threat.
Name: .craftul Files Virus
Extension after encrypting files: original filename.unique ID. craftul extension
The .craftul is the newly discovered ransomware named after the extension it uses to encrypt the files. However, the threat is still under analysis but it like other ransomware threats it also uses strong cipher algorithm to encrypt important files on the target system. After encryption, the ransomware appends the .craftul extension along with the original filename. The sole aim behind encryption is to extort huge amounts of money from victims as decryption fee.
The .craftul file virus may spread via spam email carriers that contains the malicious attachments. These emails tends to appear legitimate as they are subjected as any invoice, shipment details, job offers or any government document. Thus users may easily get curious to open the attachment. Soon after doing that, the payload of the virus gets downloaded on the target computer. This is how your computer can get infected with .craftul file virus. Other methods include pirated software downloads from unofficial sites, peer-to-peer sharing of files, Trojans and so on.
Impact Of .craftul Ransomware
Once installed, the infamous ransomware .craftul does various modifications to the system settings like changing boot options, editing registry editor, network settings and scheduling task manager. Apart from encrypting files, the threat leads to huge data loss and hampers the security of the system. Thus, your whole PC will be exposed to other destructive threats.
As said above, the real motive of .craftul is to encrypt files with private key that cannot be recovered by other means. Thus the victims of the ransomware threat have no option left rather to pay the ransom and buy the decryption key. According to the ransom note the authors ask the victims to contact them via the provided email address within 72 hours. If the victims fails to contact within the deadline than the extortionist will double the price of decryption.
But in any case, users must not be quick to pay the ransom, instead, they should try removing the virus by using effective ransomware removal tool. And after that, they should try recovering their files using previous versions, back ups or software tools.
Also, the security experts constantly analyse the threat and try to break their encryption, and publish the decryptor code for users.
How To Remove .craftul Ransomware virus Without Paying Ransom
In this guide, you will find removal instruction of .craftul Ransomware virus both manually and using anti-malware tool. At times, virus does not allow the installation or scanning of anti-virus program, so you need to switch to “safe mode with networking”. After that you can try recovery of your data if you have any backup or we have listed some methods which may help you to recover some of your data.
Use Ransomware Defender To Remove .craftul Ransomware(Recommended)”
Ransomware Defender Overview
ShieldApps’ Ransomware Defender is a specially designed security program for Ransomware threats. This anti-ransomware program detects and permanently blocks any ransomware prior to its attack on the protected system.
Ransomware Defender maintains its threat database and its related information which makes the program proactively detect any sort of threat and notifies users upon detection. This anti-ransomware program works well along with your primary anti-malware applications and does not interfere with its work.
Ransomware Defender is compatible with Windows 7, 8, 8.1 and 10. And is suitable for both home and business network. It has various prominent features like real-time ransomware detection, scan protection, history cleaner, file transfer tools and automated scans that helps in better detection of ransomware threat and blacklist them from your system permanently. Additionally, this anti-ransomware solution also provides firewall security, internet protection, mobile security, and virtual private network configuration. The solution also offers 24/7 customer support via email.
If you generally do not keep backups of your important files and documents or use your computer or device for storing financial and business details, then it is very important to keep them secure. Here Ransomware Defender is proved as a comprehensive anti-ransomware solution.
Do not compromise with your computer’s security.
Ransomware Defender solution comes with a subscription of $49.95.
Ransomware Defender Features
- Ransomware Protection: This ransomware solution effectively detects, removes and blacklists any ransomware that attempts to attack your system. And always keep monitoring the system within background for any possible attacks.
- Smart Ransomware Detection: Due to its advanced technology of threat detection, you can rest assured of system protection. It will give real-time updates and report of any suspicious activity.
- Internet Security: Protects from any unethical web activity, malicious attempts to breach your internet security, blocks any malicious websites and infected online scripts through ransomware generally enter.
- Scheduled Scan/Clean Action: It provides a user-friendly and fully automated solution for schedule scans at your preferred timings, thus even if you forgot to manually scan your computer you are still protected.
- Secure File Eraser: It’s a very important feature provided by Ransomware defender that empowers you to fix any of your files/applications that you suspect as infected.
- 24/7 PROTECTION: Ransomware Defender provides 24/7 real-time protection due to its auto and schedules scan mechanism that guards your system all the time.
Installing Ransomware Defender
- Click on the link to Download Ransomware Defender.
- Choose the location to save the installation file and click on “save”.
- After the download is completed, double-click on the downloaded file to open.
- If prompted by User Account Control: click on “Yes” button.
- This will open an installation wizard. Click on “Install“. Now simply follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation procedure.
- After Ransomware Defender successfully installs, a new tab or window will open on your browser showing confirmation of the installation.
Run Scan To Detect .craftul Ransomware threat on your computer
Follow the steps to properly scan and remove .craftul ransomware threat from your computer:
- Start the scan: Once the installation is completed, the Ransomware defender application window will open. Here you have 3 options for scan: Quick, Deep, and Custom. We suggest doing Deep scanning for the first time for better detection of ransomware threats.
- Let the scanning process be completed: Scan will take a few minutes so be patient and let the scan be fully completed.
- Review the Scan Results and remove the threats: Review the scan results that will show all the threats and malware found during the scan process, you can manually choose to remove the threats one-by-one by clicking on the threat name and select “delete” or simply click on the “Clean All” button.
Manually Find And Remove .craftul (Recommended Only For Advanced Users)
The manual steps guided below are the links separately made with caution, to avoid any confusion to our readers. Please follow the links below and perform them one by one. If you are going for the manual removal process, then we recommend you to print/download these instructions or open it from another uninfected computer or laptop and follow step-by-step manual removal instruction. Windows OS PDF Guide.
Method 1: Remove .craftul Ransomware and its associated files from the computer through safe mode with command prompt.
- Reboot your computer to “Safe Mode with Command Prompt”
- End malicious process from “Task Manager“
- Deep Scan the infected computer to ensure complete removal (Recommended)
Method 2: Remove .craftul Ransomware virus using System Restore Procedure
After that, the ransomware threat should go, but if it is still there, then you need to try another method which is the “System Restore”. Click here to perform System Restore in Windows OS.
How to Restore the Encrypted Files?
Click here to know How you can restore the encrypted file.