Get Rid Of ConverterSearch Hijacker From Browsers
ConverterSearch is a dubious extension that is capable of making various modifications on the browser. This is done without user’s consent, as such each time a user opens their browser, they may see converter-search.com as default search provider.
When it comes to converter-search.com, it is a browser hijacker that controls the searches and redirects to questionable sites. Thus, the search results are mostly loaded with sponsored ads, third-party contents and shady links. Clicking on them may risk downloading or purchasing worthless products and services.
Being a browser hijacker, the ConverterSearch tracks browsing habits of users and shares with third-party users to earn their revenue.
Thus, you should quickly uninstall ConverterSearch and remove converter-search.com hijacker from browsers.
|Fake Browser Extension, Browser Hijacker, Search Redirect, Hijacker, Toolbar, Homepage/ New Tab
|It is a bogus extension that promotes fake search engine to display manipulates search results.
|Freeware downloads via unofficial websites, Visiting suspicious pages and clicking on ads, Browser Redirection to questionable sites.
|Changes in default settings of browsers, ads appear frequently, browser becomes unstable.
Run A Scan Now– To Eliminate ConverterSearch hijacker and reset browser.
How “ConverterSearch” Redirects occurs?
Most commonly, you may this dubious extension from its website or chrome store. However, most of the time, it comes along with freeware downloads. As well as clicking on promotional ads on third-party sites.
Such extension may appear useful, however, by installing it, you will see your favorite homepage, new tab and search engine redirected to “ConverterSearch.” Thus, each time you launch your browser, you see converter-search.com as default search engine.
The ConverterSearch homepage
Although, ConverterSearch is advertised as a useful extension that allows to convert Pdf files to various formats. However, this is just a promotional tactic to make users install this program.
But once installed, all the queries entered to the converter-search.com search bar, will be redirected to feed.converter-search.com. This dubious website will further send the queries to multiple sites to fetch ad-supported results.
However, the final results is delivered using search.yahoo.com, as such fake search engines does not have the ability to generate organic results. So, often these dubious programs take advantage of other genuine search engine to display the end result.
Thus, the ConverterSearch aims to deliver sponsored results based on the search queries of users. The adware authors use this tactics to drive traffic for its sponsors and earn their profit.
Moreover, the adware have data-tracking capability. Thus, this one no different. So it may also silently record most of the browsing data, that are misused by third-party advertisers to deliver ruthless ads.
Thus, users should quickly uninstall ConverterSearch extension and converter-search.com hijacker as soon as possible.
How To Remove ConverterSearch Hijacker?
Browser hijackers are designed in such a way that don’t allow users to reset their settings back. As they also alter system settings that launches the extension each time user opens it browser. You may face trouble uninstalling such extension or its homepage from the browser, as it configures system settings, add registry entries and creates task scheduler that runs its program within the background. This makes the manual removal a tricky process.
Thus, here is both the manual and automatic removal solution provided to help get rid of ConverterSearch hijacker.
“Windows OS: Use Anti-Malware To Scan And Remove ConverterSearch (Recommended)”
SpyHunter is a giant among the security programs. It uses advance threat detection method to remove any sort of Adware/PUPs, Browser hijacker, Trojans, Rootkits, Fake system optimization tools, worms, and rootkits.
Besides that, it provides 24/7 protection from any unsolicited programs, vulnerability or rootkits attacks. Thus, keeping SpyHunter actively running on your computer add an extra security layer.
Steps To Perform System Scan with SpyHunter 5
- Once the program is installed successfully, the SpyHunter 5 Anti-malware program will launch automatically. If it does not then locate the SpyHunter icon on the desktop or click on “Start” ? “Programs” ? Select “SpyHunter”.
- Now, To start the scan click on the “Home” tab and select “Start Scan Now” button. The program will now start scanning for ConverterSearch and other associated programs.
- The scan will report will all the details of the result about ConverterSearch along with system errors, vulnerabilities and malware found.
- Once you have found ConverterSearch as shown in the screenshot below:
- To select an object for removal, just select the checkbox at the left of the object and click on “Next“. You can select or deselect any objects displayed in the “Malware,” “PUPs” or “Privacy” tabs. It has a “Select All” feature that allows to select or deselect all objects displayed in a specific tab. To utilize this feature, simply select the checkbox at the left in the specific tab (9).
- Once you have selected which objects you would like to remove, click the “Next” button.
If you want to know more about it, you are welcomed to check out the full review of SpyHunter 5.
Remove ConverterSearch browser hijacker Manually
To Manually Remove ConverterSearch browser hijacker, follow the below steps carefully:
Step1: Remove ConverterSearch extension And Homepage from the web browsers
To Remove ConverterSearch related Extension follow the steps:
- Click the Chrome menu appearing on the top right corner of the browser as three vertical dots;
- Select “Settings”;
- Click “Extensions,” (steps by slightly differ due to browser versions, to avoid any clash simply copy this URL “chrome://extensions/” and paste it within the search bar).
- Once the extension page appears, look for ConverterSearch related extension that you may have choose to install.
- Click on the trash icon or “Remove” button.
- In the Settings page, under Appearance Tab, check the Show Home Button box.
- Remove the search-series.com homepage address.
- Type in your favorite homepage URL as default home page.
- Next click on “Manage Search Engine”.
- It will show all search engines installed, select the one which appears to be virus or suspicious.
- To remove it, click on the three dots, choose “Remove from list;
- Start your Firefox browser and click on three horizontal lines on top right corner to open menu then select “Add-ons”. You can also press Ctrl+Shift+A on your keyboard or copy and paste “about:addons” to the address bar to open the ‘Add-Ons Manager’ page. This page will show you the list of all extensions/add-ons installed on your browser.
- Select Extensions, and check for ConverterSearch;
- Click on Remove button.
- You may be prompted to restart the browser then do it make the changes successful.
- Again open main menu. And select “Options” then switch to the “General Tab” and reset the default homepage or simply go to URL “about:preferences#home”.
- You can simply “Restore Defaults” or remove search-series.com/set your custom homepage. follow the below image.
- On Internet Explorer browser click “Tools,” icon;
- Select “Manage add-ons.” Within the Manage add-ons window on show section choose “All add-ons”. This will list all the toolbars and extensions installed on the browser.
- Select ConverterSearch or other Adware;
- Click “Disable.”
- Repeat the steps for all unwanted add-ons and extensions.
- On the same very window, click on “Search Providers”;
- You will see the list of search engines, remove search-series.com and choose the ones which you like to “set as default”;
Step 2: Reset web browsers
To Remove ConverterSearch homepage from web browsers, it is better to reset the browsers one-by-one. These are the separate guide designed to reset the browsers to its default settings. And also contains Advanced browser settings, so that these stuffs don’t bother you again.
Step 3: Uninstall ConverterSearch/ suspicious program from your computer
- In the taskbar, click on the “Search” icon. And Type “Apps And Features;”
- When the “Apps And Features” window opens, you can see the list of applications installed;
- Go through it carefully and search for ConverterSearch or other apps that looks suspicious to you. If you don’t remember to install yourself;
- If you find such, click on it to expand; And click on “Uninstall”.
- Repeat for all such apps.
If the program does not allow you to remove it, or says the program is running in the background. Then you need to first finish the task from the task manager.
How To End A Task From Task Manager
- Press “Window key+ R” and type “taskmgr”.
- Now once the task manager window opens, perform these steps:
- Under the process tab, check for the suspicious program still running;
- If you find it, right click on the name and select “Open file location”;
- Then click on “End Task”;
- Now go to the file location window opened and select the program and delete that file.
Now, follow the above steps to uninstall the suspicious program from your system.
Step 4: Scan your computer for complete removal of ConverterSearch.
Note: The above manual steps may not guarantee the full removal, as the complete removal of any harmful program means more than that. They have the ability to modify the browser settings again and again, till its associated files and registries are not completely removed.
If you are not familiar with the above steps then, we recommend you to choose the automatic removal of ConverterSearch Adware.
Remove ConverterSearch using HitmanPro.Alert.
HitmanPro.Alert is an advanced anti-malware program that takes on proactive approach towards threat behavior and its activities. This is a real-time malware program that delivers protection from latest threat. Including crypto-malware, ransomware, exploits, spyware, risks related to online transactions.
Thus, running HitmanPro.Alert on your computer will provide your real-time status, checks the browser integrity and alerts or any suspicious activity. So that you can have a safe browsing and online transactions. Read the full review of HitmanPro.Alert here.
- Click on the provided link to download HitmanPro.Alert anti-malware;
- Now, open the download folder or where your program is downloaded to locate “hmpalert3”;
- Click on it, to begin the installation;
- It will ask your User Account control, if prompted click on “yes”;
- The download should begin shortly. HitmanPro.Alert window will appear, where you need to choose the options:
Choose Protection level as Maximum
And tick the other boxes and finally click on “Install”.
HitmanPro.Alert only takes 5MB of your memory and is very quick to install.
- After the installation is complete, the scan will start. First scan may take up some minutes, as it will scan the whole computer.
- The scan results are displayed. Carefully look down the list. You can here, the scan has found 1 Riskware and thousands of traces which can be risky.
- You can select the threat to delete, quranantize, ignore or, mark as safe. If you want to remove all the threats, then simply click on the “Next” button below.
- HitmanPro.Alert first creates a restore point and then starts the removal process. This helps to recover from any damage.
This is the removal process with HitmanPro.Alert.
However, these steps may help you successfully remove ConverterSearch browser hijacker. But you should be cautious while you do any kind of online activity. So, always pay attention to what you choose to download, as various freeware downloads come as software bundles.
Most often, these bundles may purposely drop other harmful programs on the computer. Therefore, it is better to opt for Advanced or custom installation procedure to avoid installation of unknown programs.
Hopefully, you may find this article helpful.