The “Congratulations YouTube user” is a scam pop-up that may expose your private details. You may encounter these pop-ups when the browser is infected with any potentially unwanted program. This warning is scam, do not believe them. Here is the solution to end them.
“Congratulations YouTube user”-What is it?
“Congratulations YouTube user” is a scam pop-up message that might seem attractive to users. But is entirely fake and nowhere associated with YouTube. This is a tricky message that cause lots of troubles to innocent users. You may see this pop-up message from a redirect web page that is basically a scam domain designed by cyber criminals.
The “Congratulations YouTube user” scam message that tempts users by congratulating them for being a loyal YouTube viewer. And thus, as a reward the YouTube has chosen 10 users to offer a prize of $1000 Walmart Gift Card.
This is a trick to extort money from user’s bank account. They will redirect you to another tricky web page that will ask you to enter your personal details. By doing so you will allow the cyber criminals to access your information. They often ask you enter your bank account details and silently record all information.
They may even install some fake program, if you click on its link. And once installed, they will start showing scary pop-up alerts of their PC being infected with malware.
However, Pop-ups from “Congratulations YouTube user” may seem very legitimate to you. As it is designed to be appear as legit. So, you may easily believe on its warnings. And out of curiosity agree to click on its link.
But you land yourself into trouble and you might hit its link to claim the prize. And you must know that it is just a piece of scam designed to fool users. They even drop any malicious code attempting to enter onto your computer to control it remotely.
In the meanwhile, “Congratulations YouTube user” can steal your all personal and financial data without letting you know. These pop-ups will flood your browser with malicious stuffs, ads and fake links.
The pop-ups by “Congratulations YouTube user” is only a scam. Please do not believe on these. If you want to stop your computer from being more infected, then quickly follow the “Congratulations YouTube user” removal guide.
“Congratulations YouTube user” Spreads via visiting malicious Websites
Most probably you may get these pop-ups after you have visited any malicious website, hit any phishing link or downloaded any freeware. These surfing habits are the reason why most of the time, we get Adware and browser hijacker programs installed.
- Be careful while you click any random link.
- Download freeware stuffs from official websites only.
- Choose custom or Advanced installation option.
“Congratulations YouTube user” Infectious Behavior
The moment you get redirected to this annoying page. It appears a full window warning in the middle of your surfing.
The page appears as:
The “Congratulations YouTube user” pop-up warning states that:
Congratulations YouTube user! You are 1 of the 20 users we have selected today to claim an iPhone X, an iPhone 8 or a Samsung Galaxy S9!
We have received many complaints about the increase in the length of YouTube Advertisements so we would like to apologize by giving away free gifts to a few lucky users.
Press OK to continue.
From the above message, it is clear that the author wants to gain users attention and fool them. You will get nothing from these pop-up messages instead of wasting your time. Also you can fall into nasty tricks of exposing your personal data. These pop-ups are unstoppable until you find a permanent removal solution to it. If you ever suspect any threat, then experts recommend to first run a full scan to your computer.
Remove “Congratulations YouTube user” pop-up virus
The safest way to deal with “Congratulations YouTube user” pop-up virus is to scan your infected device with effective anti-malware program. As it is not possible to manually trace the harmful program files and its behaviours. A powerful anti-malware program can easily detect and remove “Congratulations YouTube user” and its sources effectively.
You can try out spyhunter to scan your infected system and detect the Adware triggering “Congratulations YouTube user” pop-ups.
If you already know about the infectious behaviors of Adware then you can try out the manual removal solution provided here.
To remove “Congratulations YouTube user” pop-ups from your Windows PC, follow the steps below:
- Block Pop-ups notifications from “Congratulations YouTube user”
- Remove “Congratulations YouTube user” from browser’s shortcut.
- Remove “Congratulations YouTube user” and other Adware from windows
- Reset web browsers
- Use HitmanPro.Alert to scan and remove “Congratulations YouTube user”.
Note: You should be cautious while performing the above manual removal of “Congratulations YouTube user” pop-ups virus.
Block the permission for the site to show push notifications from web browsers:
- Open chrome menu by clicking on three vertical dots on top-right corner. Click on “Settings“.
- On Chrome’s “Settings” Page, scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on “Advanced“.
- Navigate to “Privacy and Security” section, now click on “Content settings“.
- Click on “Notifications“. You will see list of websites that are allowed to show notifications.
- Search for ““Congratulations YouTube user”” website and click three vertical dots beside it, then click on “Remove”. This will prevent to show any push notification.(temporarily)
- Open Firefox menu by clicking on click on three horizontal lines. And choose “Options”.
- On the left side of the page, choose “Privacy & Security”.
- Go to “Permissions” section and within the Notifications menu choose “Settings” next to it.
- Locate ““Congratulations YouTube user”” website, and choose “block” from the drop-down menu.
- Click “Save Changes” button.
- On the top-right part of the browser, click on gear icon to open the menu.
- Select “Internet Options“.
- Navigate to “Privacy” tab, now choose “Pop-up Blockers” section and click on “Settings”.
- Locate for “Congratulations YouTube user” website and click on the Remove button.
- Open Microsoft Edge Menu button, by clicking on three horizontal dots. Choose Settings from the menu.
- Click on “Advanced” from the left side of the window.
- Under the “Website permission” section, click on “Manage permission“.
- Locate “Congratulations YouTube user” website and click on the X (Clear) button.
Remove browser shortcuts from opening web address.
- Right on the web browser shortcut on your desktop;
- Choose “Properties”;
- On the shortcut tab, within the “target” section, search for “Congratulations YouTube user” address after “C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe” ???.
- If you find anything apart from above, then delete it.
- Repeat with all the installed web browsers.
Remove Unwanted programs/Adware from control Panel.
- Click on “Start“, then type “Control Panel” in the search box.
- Choose the “Uninstall a program“.
- Choose the program you want to uninstall from the list and click on “Uninstall” button on top. (Most of the time malicious program will not allow you to manually remove the programs. So you can the help of Express uninstaller tool.)
Reset web browsers
Remove “Congratulations YouTube user” using HitmanPro.Alert
HitmanPro.Alert is an advanced anti-malware program that takes on proactive approach towards threat behavior and its activities. Its cloud-based scanning technique is deeply scans the system to the possible locations where threats mostly resides. This is a real-time malware program that delivers protection from latest threat, crypto-malware, ransomware, exploits, spyware, risks related to online transactions. Read the full review of HitmanPro.Alert here.
HitmanPro.Alert is best-in-class that provides various advanced features like:
- Safe Browsing;
- Exploit Mitigation;
- Risk reduction:
- Key-loggers Protection and many such.
Running HitmanPro.Alert on your computer will provide your real-time status, checks the browser integrity and alerts or any suspicious activity. So that you can have a safe browsing and online transactions. Steps To Install And Run HitmanPro.Alert
- Click on the provided link to download HitmanPro.Alert anti-malware;
- Now, open the download folder or where your program is downloaded to locate “hmpalert3”;
- Click on it, to begin the installation;
- It will ask your User Account control, if prompted click on “yes”;
- The download should begin shortly. HitmanPro.Alert window will appear, where you need to choose the options:
Choose Protection level as Maximum
And tick the other boxes and finally click on “Install”.
HitmanPro.Alert only takes 5MB of your memory and is very quick to install.
- After the installation is complete, the scan will start. First scan may take up some minutes, as it will scan the whole computer.
- The scan results are displayed. Carefully look down the list. You can here, the scan has found 1 Riskware and thousands of traces which can be risky.
- You can select the threat to delete, quranantize, ignore or, mark as safe. If you want to remove all the threats, then simply click on the “Next” button below.
- HitmanPro.Alert first creates a restore point and then starts the removal process. This helps to recover from any damage.
So, now you are done, with the removal process with HitmanPro.Alert.
Best Practices To avoid Such Infections
- Do not click on “Allow” button to the Push notifications.
- Avoid opening spam mail attachments, this is the common way through virus intrude inside. Thus, we should be cautious while getting mails from non-trusted sources.
- Keep the software program updates, so that it does not have any security patches.
- Be very cautious while downloading any freeware from third-party websites. Always download software programs from official websites. Thus avoiding any accidental download of Adware/PUPs.
- Do not use public wi-fi for online transactions, as they are not fully secure and can infect the device.
- Use a powerful anti-virus program that will keep track of the security.
By following the above tips, you can avoid viruses or unwanted programs entering on your computer. Hope this article is helpful to you.