Name: Coinmoney Ransomware
Coinmoney is a new ransomware threat that discovered by security expert A Shadow. The ransomware threat is found to be using py2exe (a python extension) to infect the Windows users. The extension converts Python scripts into MS Windows executable files. When the malicious executable files starts running within the targeted computer, it spreads further exploiting the vulnerabilities of LAN using an EternalBlue exploit. According to the research, Coinmoney is originally written in Golang (a programming language). This crypto-malware uses .locked extension after encrypting the files and ask the victims to pay the ransom demanded as a decryption fee.
For example, a file named as “mycat.jpg” to “mycat.jpg.locked” and likewise. Like any other ransomware, Coinmoney also leaves a ransom note in an Html file named as “README.html“.
I am so sorry ! All your files have been encryptd by RSA-1024 and AES-256 due to a computer security problems.
If you think your data is very important .The only way to decrypt your file is to buy my decrytion tool .
else you can delete your encrypted data or reinstall your system.
Your personid :
Decrytion do as follows:
1. if you not own bitcoin,you can buy it online on some websites. like https://localbitcoins.net/ or https://www.coinbase.com/ .
2. send 0.15 btc to my wallet address 1Db8Ho7YjSipgzjNcK4bdSGeg12JrnKSSc.
3. send your btc transfer screenshots and your persionid to my email firstname.lastname@example.org . i will send you decrytion tool.
1.don’t rename your file
2.you can try some software to decrytion . but finally you will kown it’s vain .
3.if any way can’t to contact to me .you can try send me bitcoin and paste your email in the transfer information. i will contact you and send you decrytion tools.
Anything you want to help . please send mail to my email email@example.com.
Have a nice day .
The screenshot of ransom note:
According to the ransom note, the authors of Coinmoney wants the victims to buy the decryption key from them. For which the victims need to pay 0.15 bitcoins to the provided wallet address. The note also contains the instructions for users not having any Bitcoins. The victims can reach to the extortionist of Coinmoney via firstname.lastname@example.org email address.
Coinmoney ransomware uses RSA-1024 and AES-256 encryption algorithms to encrypt the files. Making the encrypted files no more accessible. The only way to access the files is unlocking them with decryptor key. Similar trends is seen in various other ransomware threats like CAGO, Popotic, .craftul, Zeropadypt and so on.
However, in any case, you should not be willing to pay the ransom authors. As this is an illegal way and is like supporting the crime. You should adopt more preventive approach towards ransomware threats. Read what is ransomware and how they attacks.
It is best to remove Coinmoney ransomware and try restoring your files from backup or Windows Restore Option or data recovery tools.
How To Remove Coinmoney Ransomware virus Without Paying Ransom
In this guide, you will find removal instruction of Coinmoney Ransomware virus both manually and using anti-malware tool. At times, virus does not allow the installation or scanning of anti-virus program, so you need to switch to “safe mode with networking”. After that you can try recovery of your data if you have any backup or we have listed some methods which may help you to recover some of your data.
Use Ransomware Defender To Remove Coinmoney Ransomware(Recommended)”
Ransomware Defender Overview
ShieldApps’ Ransomware Defender is a specially designed security program for Ransomware threats. This anti-ransomware program detects and permanently blocks any ransomware prior to its attack on the protected system.
Ransomware Defender maintains its threat database and its related information which makes the program proactively detect any sort of threat and notifies users upon detection. This anti-ransomware program works well along with your primary anti-malware applications and does not interfere with its work.
Ransomware Defender is compatible with Windows 7, 8, 8.1 and 10. And is suitable for both home and business network. It has various prominent features like real-time ransomware detection, scan protection, history cleaner, file transfer tools and automated scans that helps in better detection of ransomware threat and blacklist them from your system permanently. Additionally, this anti-ransomware solution also provides firewall security, internet protection, mobile security, and virtual private network configuration. The solution also offers 24/7 customer support via email.
If you generally do not keep backups of your important files and documents or use your computer or device for storing financial and business details, then it is very important to keep them secure. Here Ransomware Defender is proved as a comprehensive anti-ransomware solution.
Do not compromise with your computer’s security.
Ransomware Defender solution comes with a subscription of $49.95.
Ransomware Defender Features
- Ransomware Protection: This ransomware solution effectively detects, removes and blacklists any ransomware that attempts to attack your system. And always keep monitoring the system within background for any possible attacks.
- Smart Ransomware Detection: Due to its advanced technology of threat detection, you can rest assured of system protection. It will give real-time updates and report of any suspicious activity.
- Internet Security: Protects from any unethical web activity, malicious attempts to breach your internet security, blocks any malicious websites and infected online scripts through ransomware generally enter.
- Scheduled Scan/Clean Action: It provides a user-friendly and fully automated solution for schedule scans at your preferred timings, thus even if you forgot to manually scan your computer you are still protected.
- Secure File Eraser: It’s a very important feature provided by Ransomware defender that empowers you to fix any of your files/applications that you suspect as infected.
- 24/7 PROTECTION: Ransomware Defender provides 24/7 real-time protection due to its auto and schedules scan mechanism that guards your system all the time.
Installing Ransomware Defender
- Click on the link to Download Ransomware Defender.
- Choose the location to save the installation file and click on “save”.
- After the download is completed, double-click on the downloaded file to open.
- If prompted by User Account Control: click on “Yes” button.
- This will open an installation wizard. Click on “Install“. Now simply follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation procedure.
- After Ransomware Defender successfully installs, a new tab or window will open on your browser showing confirmation of the installation.
Run Scan To Detect Coinmoney Ransomware threat on your computer
Follow the steps to properly scan and remove Coinmoney ransomware threat from your computer:
- Start the scan: Once the installation is completed, the Ransomware defender application window will open. Here you have 3 options for scan: Quick, Deep, and Custom. We suggest doing Deep scanning for the first time for better detection of ransomware threats.
- Let the scanning process be completed: Scan will take a few minutes so be patient and let the scan be fully completed.
- Review the Scan Results and remove the threats: Review the scan results that will show all the threats and malware found during the scan process, you can manually choose to remove the threats one-by-one by clicking on the threat name and select “delete” or simply click on the “Clean All” button.
Manually Find And Remove Coinmoney (Recommended Only For Advanced Users)
The manual steps guided below are the links separately made with caution, to avoid any confusion to our readers. Please follow the links below and perform them one by one. If you are going for the manual removal process, then we recommend you to print/download these instructions or open it from another uninfected computer or laptop and follow step-by-step manual removal instruction. Windows OS PDF Guide.
Method 1: Remove Coinmoney Ransomware and its associated files from the computer through safe mode with command prompt.
- Reboot your computer to “Safe Mode with Command Prompt”
- End malicious process from “Task Manager“
- Deep Scan the infected computer to ensure complete removal (Recommended)
Method 2: Remove Coinmoney Ransomware virus using System Restore Procedure
After that, the ransomware threat should go, but if it is still there, then you need to try another method which is the “System Restore”. Click here to perform System Restore in Windows OS.
How to Restore the Encrypted Files?
Click here to know How you can restore the encrypted file.