Cloudnet Virus spreads through other malware and compromises the system.
Cloudnet virus Description:
Cloudnet virus is a trojan program designed to carry out various malicious actions on the host machine. The harmful program is developed by Epic Net Inc., and is active since 2017. Many AV vendors had detected this virus by distinct names but has the same functionality. Cloudnet virus is usually dropped by other malware present on the system. Users get such infection while updating applications from links, freeware downloads and visiting harmful websites. Once in, this destructive trojan program changes various system settings to executes tasks within the background.
According to reports, Cloudnet virus is able to send and receive commands from remote server. It silently collects all personal information from the infected system and send them to its authors. Presence of this severe threat means that your system is in huge risk. So, if you have noticed Cloudnet.exe process running inside your system, then you should remove it immediately. But don’t be in hurry, as it already had made many crucial changes to your system that needs to cautiously restored.
Cloudnet virus infiltration Sources:
Malware generally spread through spam email attachments, visiting malicious websites, downloading fake web extensions and so on. Users need to very cautious while surfing the web and clicking on any ads. As they may not be just a harmless offer, then may embed bad scripts that when clicked may download the threat on the computer.
As the malware distributors are constantly exploring the new ways of distribution, thus it is better to be cautious and adopt some best practices to avoid such situations.
- Do not update applications from fake links or pop-ups;
- Do not enable push notifications for unknown websites;
- Avoid opening spam mail attachments from suspicious sender;
For more information please read 5 Tech Resolutions That Will Make Your 2019 Safer
Modus Operandi OF Cloudnet virus:
Once installed, Cloudnet virus starts modifying system settings to easily initiate its processes within background. Some of them are:
- Creating new path to the following location:”%Application Data%\EpicNet Inc\CloudNet\”;
- Add an executable file to the path: “%Application Data%\EpicNet Inc\CloudNet\cloudnet.exe”;
- Modifies Windows Registry keys and subkeys to ensure startup as the system boots;
- Downloads and uploads arbitrary files;
- Creates a “mutex” of its executable programs;
- Modify proxy settings and add new connection to communicate to its authors;
- Downloads and executes arbitrary files.
After the modifications are successfully done, Cloudnet virus initiates its activities on the target system. This trojan virus can be used for various purposes that can lead to frauds, data-stealing and running spam campaigns.
Once the system is infected with Cloudnet virus, it may carry out numerous tasks without the permission of users. Some of them are:
- Sending system related information(OS, memory, processor and threat version ) to remote servers.
- Steals all browsing and personal data and use them for illegal purposes.
- Connect the host machine to the hacker’s server and redirects users to malicious domains.
- Use the email address to spread spam mails attachments.
- Drop other harmful programs like crypto-miners (Jcecn.exe), spyware, ransomware and other threats.
As a results of the above activities, the the infected user can be a victim of identity frauds, monetary loss and so on. Although, it is hard to detect the presence of Cloudnet virus on the computer system. As it hides deeply inside the system and does various changes to the system settings.
Thus, if you have noticed any traces of Cloudnet virus on your computer like Cloudnet.exe processes taking huge CPU, fatal browser redirection or any unknown programs being installed, then you should run a scan immediately.
How to Remove Cloudnet virus from infected device?
Cloudnet Trojan virus operates within background, so it is hard to detect and remove its program files manually. To ensure complete removal you need to boot your computer in safe mode and try out the manual removal steps one-by-one. But still it is not for any non-technical users. So, it is very important to cautious enough while removing this threat. As if any traces remains or any step goes wrong, then your computer may start behaving abnormally.
Security experts recommends the deep scan of the infected computer that is the only option to ensure complete removal of Cloudnet Trojan.
Find below the quick removal solution to get rid of Cloudnet virus and its associated programs.
Note! If your Mac OS is infected with Cloudnet virus then please visit this link for Mac OS Virus Removal Guide.
“Windows OS: Use Anti-Malware To Scan And Remove Cloudnet Virus (Recommended)”
SpyHunter is a giant among the security programs that use advanced threat detection technology to remove any sort of Adware/PUPs, Browser hijacker, Trojans, Rootkits, Fake system optimization tools, worms, and rootkits.
It not only remove threats but provides rigorous 24/7 protection from any unsolicited programs, vulnerability or rootkits attacks.
Why we are recommending SpyHunter is because of its efficiency, lightweight that only takes up 12% of the CPU space and simpler user-interface that is designed for both beginners and advanced users. Besides that, it has features which require less-user monitoring, custom scan options, system guard and 24*7 help desk support. Keeping SpyHunter actively running on your computer adds an extra security layer that protects your computer system from being attacked.
Spyhunter certified by “West Coast Labs’ Checkmark Certification System” gives you a complete money-back guarantee, if you are not satisfied with its results. Because they are sure you will going to have it on your system. So, it’s a win-win situation for you try out SpyHunter free version and if you are fully satisfied to get registered for full protection against all malicious odds that hampers your security.
Instructions To Download And Install SpyHunter 5
- Once the file “SpyHunter-Installer.exe” is downloaded, double-click on the file to open (you can see it in your browser’s bottom-left corner);
- Click “Yes” to the “User Account Control” dialog box;
- Now, choose your preferred language and then click on “OK” for the next installation step;
- Now, click on “Continue” button to proceed with the To proceed to the installation;
- Now installation will begin, please be patience as it may take few minutes;
- Click on the “Finish” button to successfully install the program.
Note: It may ask you to enter your information- there you can add your details or go with the default information to start the program.
Steps To Perform System Scan with SpyHunter
- Once the program is installed successfully, the SpyHunter 5 Anti-malware program will launch automatically. If it does not then locate the SpyHunter icon on the desktop or click on “Start” → “Programs” → Select “SpyHunter”.
- Now, To start the scan click on the “Home” tab and select “Start Scan Now” button. The program will now start scanning for threats, malware, unwanted programs, rootkits, and system vulnerabilities.
- The scan will report will all the details of the result along with system errors, vulnerabilities and malware found.
- SpyHunter 5 groups your scan results into categories determined by the type of objects detected: “Malware“, “PUPs” (Potentially Unwanted Programs), “Privacy“, “Vulnerabilities“, and “Whitelisted objects“, as shown in the screenshot below:
- To select an object for removal, just select the checkbox at the left of the object. You can select or deselect any objects displayed in the “Malware,” “PUPs” or “Privacy” tabs. We have included a convenient “Select All” feature that will allow you to select or deselect all objects displayed in a specific tab. To utilize this feature, simply select the checkbox at the left in the specific tab (9)
- Once you have selected which objects you would like to remove, click the “Next” button.
Note: Any objects that you choose to remove will be securely stored in SpyHunter’s “Quarantine.” If at any time, you would like to restore a previously removed object(s), you can do so through SpyHunter’s “Restore” feature. To locate the object, go to the “Malware/PC Scan” tab and then click the “Quarantine” tab. From the “Quarantine” tab, you may restore an object by selecting the checkbox at the left of the object and clicking the “Restore” button.
If you want to know more about it, you are welcomed to check out the full review of SpyHunter 5.
“Windows OS: Manually Find And Remove Cloudnet Virus ( Only Recommended For Advanced Users)”
The manual steps guided below are the links separately made with caution, to avoid any confusion to our readers. Please follow the links below and perform them one by one. If you are going for the manual removal process, then we recommend you to print/download these instructions or open it from another uninfected computer or laptop and follow step-by-step manual removal instruction. Windows OS PDF Guide.
- Step 1: Manually Killing the malicious processes, disabling suspicious programs and then removing the remaining virus and its traces by scanning.
- Step 2: Remove Trojan Virus Using System Restore Procedure.
- Step 3: Download effective antivirus program and scan your computer to ensure successful removal of Trojan threat.
- Step 4: After Removal of Cloudnet Virus, it is important to restore the damages done by it. As it attacks windows registry to add its keys and values to execute as the system starts. All these keys may help the program to regenerate its codes. To repair the registry and restore to its previous state, we recommend the “Reimage Tool“, that cleans all the traces of threat and fix all windows errors.