Cloudnet Virus spreads through other malware and compromises the system.
What is Cloudnet virus?
Cloudnet virus is a Trojan program designed to carry out various malicious actions on the host machine. The harmful program is developed by Epic Net Inc., and is active since 2017. Many AV vendors had detected this virus by distinct names but has the same functionality. Cloudnet virus is usually dropped by other malware present on the system. Users get such infection while updating applications from links, freeware downloads and visiting harmful websites. Once in, this destructive Trojan program changes various system settings to executes tasks within the background.
According to reports, Cloudnet virus is able to send and receive commands from remote server. It silently collects all personal information from the infected system and send them to its authors. Presence of this severe threat means that your system is in huge risk. So, if you have noticed Cloudnet.exe process running inside your system, then you should remove it immediately. But don’t be in hurry, as it already had made many crucial changes to your system that needs to cautiously restored.
Cloudnet virus infiltration Sources:
Malware generally spread through spam email attachments, visiting malicious websites, downloading fake web extensions and so on. Users need to very cautious while surfing the web and clicking on any ads. As they may not be just a harmless offer, then may embed bad scripts that when clicked may download the threat on the computer.
As the malware distributors are constantly exploring the new ways of distribution, thus it is better to be cautious and adopt some best practices to avoid such situations.
- Do not update applications from fake links or pop-ups;
- Do not enable push notifications for unknown websites;
- Avoid opening spam mail attachments from suspicious sender;
For more information please read 5 Tech Resolutions That Will Make Your 2019 Safer
Modus Operandi Of Cloudnet virus:
Once installed, Cloudnet virus starts modifying system settings to easily initiate its processes within background. Some of them are:
- Creating new path to the following location:”%Application Data%\EpicNet Inc\CloudNet\”;
- Add an executable file to the path: “%Application Data%\EpicNet Inc\CloudNet\cloudnet.exe”;
- Modifies Windows Registry keys and subkeys to ensure startup as the system boots;
- Downloads and uploads arbitrary files;
- Creates a “mutex” of its executable programs;
- Modify proxy settings and add new connection to communicate to its authors;
- Downloads and executes arbitrary files.
After the modifications are successfully done, Cloudnet virus initiates its activities on the target system. This trojan virus can be used for various purposes that can lead to frauds, data-stealing and running spam campaigns.
Once the system is infected with Cloudnet virus, it may carry out numerous tasks without the permission of users. Some of them are:
- Sending system related information(OS, memory, processor and threat version ) to remote servers.
- Steals all browsing and personal data and use them for illegal purposes.
- Connect the host machine to the hacker’s server and redirects users to malicious domains.
- Use the email address to spread spam mails attachments.
- Drop other harmful programs like crypto-miners (Jcecn.exe), spyware, ransomware and other threats.
As a results of the above activities, the the infected user can be a victim of identity frauds, monetary loss and so on. Although, it is hard to detect the presence of Cloudnet virus on the computer system. As it hides deeply inside the system and does various changes to the system settings.
Thus, if you have noticed any traces of Cloudnet virus on your computer like Cloudnet.exe processes taking huge CPU, fatal browser redirection or any unknown programs being installed, then you should run a scan immediately.
How To Remove Cloudnet Virus
Cloudnet removal is tough like any other virus. It can leave you puzzled as it does too many modifications to the system internal settings. This may take enough time and patience to do it manually. That even may not ensure you complete removal.
For our readers to understand, we have put our best possible solution that can help to remove this threat. But we suggest you to only try this if you are familiar with system configurations, registries keys and its subkeys values and also boot settings.
While performing the manual solution, be enough cautious and if you get confused at any point of time, them leave it and take the help of powerful anti-malware program to detect and remove the virus. This will not only ensure safe removal of Cloudnet Trojan but also restore default system settings.
“Windows OS: Use Anti-Malware To Scan And Remove Cloudnet (Recommended)”
SpyHunter is a giant among the security programs that use advanced threat detection technology to remove any sort of Adware/PUPs, Browser hijacker, Trojans, Rootkits, Fake system optimization tools, worms, and rootkits.
It not only remove threats but provides rigorous 24/7 protection from any unsolicited programs, vulnerability or rootkits attacks.
Why we are recommending SpyHunter is because of its efficiency, lightweight that only takes up 12% of the CPU space and simpler user-interface that is designed for both beginners and advanced users. Besides that, it has features which require less-user monitoring, custom scan options, system guard and 24*7 help desk support. Keeping SpyHunter actively running on your computer adds an extra security layer that protects your computer system from being attacked.
Spyhunter certified by “West Coast Labs’ Checkmark Certification System” gives you a complete money-back guarantee, if you are not satisfied with its results. Because they are sure you will going to have it on your system. So, it’s a win-win situation for you try out SpyHunter free version and if you are fully satisfied to get registered for full protection against all malicious odds that hampers your security.
Instructions To Download And Install SpyHunter 5
- Once the file “SpyHunter-Installer.exe” is downloaded, double-click on the file to open (you can see it in your browser’s bottom-left corner);
- Click “Yes” to the “User Account Control” dialog box;
- Now, choose your preferred language and then click on “OK” for the next installation step;
- Now, click on “Continue” button to proceed with the To proceed to the installation;
- Now installation will begin, please be patience as it may take few minutes;
- Click on the “Finish” button to successfully install the program.
Note: It may ask you to enter your information- there you can add your details or go with the default information to start the program.
Steps To Perform System Scan with SpyHunter
- Once the program is installed successfully, the SpyHunter 5 Anti-malware program will launch automatically. If it does not then locate the SpyHunter icon on the desktop or click on “Start” ? “Programs” ? Select “SpyHunter”.
- Now, To start the scan click on the “Home” tab and select “Start Scan Now” button. The program will now start scanning for Cloudnet and other associated programs.
- The scan will report will all the details of the result about Cloudnet along with system errors, vulnerabilities and malware found.
- Once you have found Cloudnet as shown in the screenshot below:
- To select an object for removal, just select the checkbox at the left of the object and click on “Next“. You can select or deselect any objects displayed in the “Malware,” “PUPs” or “Privacy” tabs. We have included a convenient “Select All” feature that will allow you to select or deselect all objects displayed in a specific tab. To utilize this feature, simply select the checkbox at the left in the specific tab (9).
- Once you have selected which objects you would like to remove, click the “Next” button.
If you want to know more about it, you are welcomed to check out the full review of SpyHunter 5.
To Remove Cloudnet Virus, follow these steps:
The manual steps below contains the instructions separately to avoid any confusion to our readers. Please follow the links below and perform them one by one. If you are going for the manual removal process, then we recommend you to print/download these instructions. Or you can open it from another uninfected computer or laptop. And follow step-by-step manual removal instruction: Windows OS PDF Guide.
Step 1:Remove Cloudnet Virus From WindowsOS
Step 2: Remove Cloudnet Virus Using System Restore Procedure. (Advanced option)
Step 3: Remove Cloudnet Virus using HitmanPro.Alert
HitmanPro.Alert is an advanced anti-malware program that takes on proactive approach towards threat behavior and its activities. Its cloud-based scanning technique is deeply scans the system to the possible locations where threats mostly resides. This is a real-time malware program that delivers protection from latest threat, crypto-malware, ransomware, exploits, spyware, risks related to online transactions.
HitmanPro.Alert is best-in-class that provides various advanced features like:
- Safe Browsing;
- Exploit Mitigation;
- Risk reduction:
- Key-loggers Protection and many such.
Running HitmanPro.Alert on your computer will provide your real-time status, checks the browser integrity and alerts or any suspicious activity. So that you can have a safe browsing and online transactions. Read the full review of HitmanPro.Alert here.
Steps To Install And Run HitmanPro.Alert
- Click on the provided link to download HitmanPro.Alert anti-malware;
- Now, open the download folder or where your program is downloaded to locate “hmpalert3”;
- Click on it, to begin the installation;
- It will ask your User Account control, if prompted click on “yes”;
- The download should begin shortly. HitmanPro.Alert window will appear, where you need to choose the options:
Choose Protection level as Maximum
And tick the other boxes and finally click on “Install”.
HitmanPro.Alert only takes 5MB of your memory and is very quick to install.
- After the installation is complete, the scan will start. First scan may take up some minutes, as it will scan the whole computer.
- The scan results are displayed. Carefully look down the list. You can here, the scan has found 1 Riskware and thousands of traces which can be risky.
- You can select the threat to delete, quranantize, ignore or, mark as safe. If you want to remove all the threats, then simply click on the “Next” button below.
- HitmanPro.Alert first creates a restore point and then starts the removal process. This helps to recover from any damage.
So, now you are done, with the removal process with HitmanPro.Alert.
Step 4: System Restore Procedure
- After Removal of Cloudnet virus, it is important to remove the registries created by it. As it changes windows registry Editor to add its keys and values to execute as the system starts. All these keys may help the program to regenerate its codes. To Remove Registry Entries by Cloudnet and restore to its previous state, we recommend the “Reimage Tool“, that cleans all the traces of threat and fix all windows errors.
Best Practices To avoid Such Infections
- Keep a secure firewall for the system. This will help block any unwanted internet connections to your device.
- Do not open spam mail attachments from unknown sender. This is the common way through which malicious programs intrude inside. Thus, we should be cautious while getting mails from non-trusted sources.
- Keep the software program updates, so that it does not have any security patches.
- Be very cautious while downloading any freeware from third-party websites. Always download software programs from official websites. Thus avoiding any accidental download of Adware/PUPs.
- Do not use public wi-fi for online transactions, as they are not fully secure and can infect the device.
- Use a powerful anti-virus program that will keep track of the security.
By following the above tips, you can avoid viruses or unwanted programs entering on your computer. Hope this article is helpful to you.