Cetori Ransomware Description
Name: Cetori Ransomware
Ransom Demanded: $490-$980
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
Cetori is the crypto-malware threat that belongs to the Ransomware of family of STOP/Djvu. Ransomware has now become one of the most powerful business-model to extort huge amounts of money from its victims. Likewise the STOP ransomware is one of the data-locking threats that has given the privilege to various criminal-minded persons to use its source-code and re-built it to form a new ransomware threat. Cetori is one of them which uses the strong encryption algorithm to encrypt important data on the target system. After encryption has been done, it appends a new extension along with the original file extension.
Thus, if your file named as “mycat.jpg” is substituted as “mycat.jpg.cetori”.
The motive behind this is to restrict users from accessing their important data. And charge them a lot of money in the form Bitcoins to buy the decryption tool.
Method Of Propagation
The malicious payloads of the virus is distributed via spam emails. The mails are subjected as any invoice, fax, job offers or from any higher officials of the company. Once the user opens the infected attachment, the macro-enabled document starts automatically running the macros which downloads the infectious files on the system and further install it on the system. Other sources may also include, downloading pirated software, security flaws within the software, fake updates and exploit kits. Any of these can be responsible for infecting your system with Cetori Ransomware.
Once the Cetori Ransomware is installed on the target system, it scans through the drives and directories to locate important files. It uses military grade cipher algorithm to encrypt files and documents by appending “.cetori” extension. Further, it leaves a ransom note within a text file named as “_readme.txt”. It instructs users about the attack and how to recover the files back.
The Encryption Process
Once Cetori Ransomware successfully infiltrates on the target computer, it quickly starts scanning the whole directories to search for various important files like documents, images, videos, PDFs, excel, database and so on. It scans for various extensions like: ‘.docs’, ‘.pdf’ ‘.mp3,’ ‘.jpeg,’ ‘.gif,’ ”.png,’ ‘.txt,’ ‘.ppt,’ etc. After that, it begins the encryption process using strong encryption algorithm. The encrypted files are locked with ‘.cetori’ extension along with the original filename.
The Ransom Note
After completing the encryption process, the malware creates a ransom note named as ‘_readme.txt’.
ATTENTION! Don’t worry, you can return all your files! All your files like photos, databases, documents and other important are encrypted with strongest encryption and unique key. The only method of recovering files is to purchase decrypt tool and unique key for you. This software will decrypt all your encrypted files. What guarantees you have? You can send one of your encrypted file from your PC and we decrypt it for free. But we can decrypt only 1 file for free. File must not contain valuable information. You can get and look video overview decrypt tool: https://we.tl/t-514KtsAKtH Price of private key and decrypt software is $980. Discount 50% available if you contact us first 72 hours, that’s price for you is $490. Please note that you’ll never restore your data without payment. Check your e-mail “Spam” or “Junk” folder if you don’t get answer more than 6 hours. To get this software you need write on our e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Reserve e-mail address to contact us: email@example.com Our Telegram account: @datarestore Your personal ID:’
The note is dropped within the desktop and to the folders where the files have been encrypted. According to the note, the authors of the ransomware asks victim to contact them via the provided email address firstname.lastname@example.org. The victim can send 1 file to the above email address that the authors of the ransomware will decrypt for free. After that, for complete decryption, they need to buy the decryption key from the authors of the ransomware by paying the ransom amount in the form of Bitcoins.
Cetori Ransomware makes various entries to the Windows Registry to allow its program to launch automatically. This also makes the manual removal of the threat and also helps to grant administrative permissions. If your files have got ‘.cetori’ extension, it means your device is infected with STOP ransomware, and you should immediately remove it.
But security experts recommend not to pay the ransom, as the extortionist does not have any guarantee to provide the full-decryption key even after paying the ransom. Also, paying the ransom encourage such crimes and earn profit by illegal ways. You should remove the STOP ransomware threat and try out other recovery methods given below.
How To Remove Cetori Ransomware virus Without Paying Ransom
In this guide, you will find removal instruction of Cetori Ransomware virus both manually and using anti-malware tool. At times, virus does not allow the installation or scanning of anti-virus program, so you need to switch to “safe mode with networking”. After that you can try recovery of your data if you have any backup or we have listed some methods which may help you to recover some of your data.
Use Ransomware Defender To Remove Cetori Ransomware(Recommended)”
Ransomware Defender Overview
ShieldApps’ Ransomware Defender is a specially designed security program for Ransomware threats. This anti-ransomware program detects and permanently blocks any ransomware prior to its attack on the protected system.
Ransomware Defender maintains its threat database and its related information which makes the program proactively detect any sort of threat and notifies users upon detection. This anti-ransomware program works well along with your primary anti-malware applications and does not interfere with its work.
Ransomware Defender is compatible with Windows 7, 8, 8.1 and 10. And is suitable for both home and business network. It has various prominent features like real-time ransomware detection, scan protection, history cleaner, file transfer tools and automated scans that helps in better detection of ransomware threat and blacklist them from your system permanently. Additionally, this anti-ransomware solution also provides firewall security, internet protection, mobile security, and virtual private network configuration. The solution also offers 24/7 customer support via email.
If you generally do not keep backups of your important files and documents or use your computer or device for storing financial and business details, then it is very important to keep them secure. Here Ransomware Defender is proved as a comprehensive anti-ransomware solution.
Do not compromise with your computer’s security.
Ransomware Defender solution comes with a subscription of $49.95.
Ransomware Defender Features
- Ransomware Protection: This ransomware solution effectively detects, removes and blacklists any ransomware that attempts to attack your system. And always keep monitoring the system within background for any possible attacks.
- Smart Ransomware Detection: Due to its advanced technology of threat detection, you can rest assured of system protection. It will give real-time updates and report of any suspicious activity.
- Internet Security: Protects from any unethical web activity, malicious attempts to breach your internet security, blocks any malicious websites and infected online scripts through ransomware generally enter.
- Scheduled Scan/Clean Action: It provides a user-friendly and fully automated solution for schedule scans at your preferred timings, thus even if you forgot to manually scan your computer you are still protected.
- Secure File Eraser: It’s a very important feature provided by Ransomware defender that empowers you to fix any of your files/applications that you suspect as infected.
- 24/7 PROTECTION: Ransomware Defender provides 24/7 real-time protection due to its auto and schedules scan mechanism that guards your system all the time.
Installing Ransomware Defender
- Click on the link to Download Ransomware Defender.
- Choose the location to save the installation file and click on “save”.
- After the download is completed, double-click on the downloaded file to open.
- If prompted by User Account Control: click on “Yes” button.
- This will open an installation wizard. Click on “Install“. Now simply follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation procedure.
- After Ransomware Defender successfully installs, a new tab or window will open on your browser showing confirmation of the installation.
Run Scan To Detect Cetori Ransomware threat on your computer
Follow the steps to properly scan and remove Cetori ransomware threat from your computer:
- Start the scan: Once the installation is completed, the Ransomware defender application window will open. Here you have 3 options for scan: Quick, Deep, and Custom. We suggest doing Deep scanning for the first time for better detection of ransomware threats.
- Let the scanning process be completed: Scan will take a few minutes so be patient and let the scan be fully completed.
- Review the Scan Results and remove the threats: Review the scan results that will show all the threats and malware found during the scan process, you can manually choose to remove the threats one-by-one by clicking on the threat name and select “delete” or simply click on the “Clean All” button.
Manually Find And Remove Cetori (Recommended Only For Advanced Users)
The manual steps guided below are the links separately made with caution, to avoid any confusion to our readers. Please follow the links below and perform them one by one. If you are going for the manual removal process, then we recommend you to print/download these instructions or open it from another uninfected computer or laptop and follow step-by-step manual removal instruction. Windows OS PDF Guide.
Method 1: Remove Cetori Ransomware and its associated files from the computer through safe mode with command prompt.
- Reboot your computer to “Safe Mode with Command Prompt”
- End malicious process from “Task Manager“
- Deep Scan the infected computer to ensure complete removal (Recommended)
Method 2: Remove Cetori Ransomware virus using System Restore Procedure
After that, the ransomware threat should go, but if it is still there, then you need to try another method which is the “System Restore”. Click here to perform System Restore in Windows OS.
How to Restore the Encrypted Files?
Click here to know How you can restore the encrypted file.