BoostPC is found to be a potentially unwanted program that brings lots of annoyances to computer users. It targets all installed web browsers as well as Os itself. However, this program claims to be a useful PC optimization tool to enhance computer’s performance. But this is truly not the main motive of this adware program. In fact, BoostPC does various disturbing and risky actions once installed on the target computer system. You might be not aware of how BoostPC got installed on your computer as most of the time it comes bundled with other freeware programs. If user is not cautious enough while installing such freeware programs then, BoostPC Adware could easily get installed within the background meanwhile the main program is being installed.
- Modifies system settings and controls features like brightness, volume, wifi, and screenshot;
- Shows lots of intrusive advertisements upon the web browsers that upon clicking redirects to third party websites;
- Silently monitors user’s online activities and collect non-personal identifiable information like browsing preferences, search keywords, URL visited, IP address, geolocation and browser version and so on. This collected info is filtered and used for running marketing campaigns;
- Run various unknown processes within background which slow down the system performance.
Besides these activities, BoostPC Adware may also drop crypto miners that consume the entire CPU resources to mine for cryptocurrency and earn huge revenue. Due to its presence, you will encounter lots of ads and in-text links within each of the visited sites. BoostPC adware will never let you surf freely and also keep showing full-page pop-up urging to install third-party extensions. It is advised not to click on such pop-ups as they might contain other harmful threat that will silently get intact to your computer system.
Why You Should Remove BoostPC Adware
From the above analysis on BoostPC clearly depicts that it is a risky stuff whose presence for long on the system not only annoys you but also put your privacy at risk. Adware intrusion can haunt any computer user. As it does too many annoying activities on your PC without any permission. And the most irritating thing about Adware is that makes the removal process tricky as they are not always visible to you. So, if you are also dealing with the same issues because of this nasty program, then you should take on proper removal steps to get rid of this as soon as possible.
Fortunately, the security experts keep investigating about the latest threats and find ways to manually remove such potentially unwanted program or adware. But the manual removal can be tricky and involves an understanding of system’s crucial settings like registries, background processes and the difference between system file and malicious files. You have to be patience and follow each and every step carefully.
Caution: At any case, you get stuck or get confused then security experts advise not to play with essential system settings and go for automatic removal solution.
But the best advice any security expert will give you is to deal with them through a reputed and powerful anti-virus/anti-malware program. If your computer is not protected by any active security program, then it may get attacked by any potentially unwanted program(PUP). These PUPs are just the beginning of the annoying and weird circumstances going to occur on your PC. It is a thing of worry for any computer user as it contains our valuable data, browsing preferences and sensitive details and so on.
Thus, it is very important to make sure that your computer or device is protected by a powerful and real-time security program.
In this guide, we have put few recommendations of anti-malware tools and also summed up manual removal solution to clean the computer from any sort of Adware. If you are not sure of the associated files and registries created by BoostPC, then you should first try out scanning your computer with anti-malware. This may help you instantly get rid of the virus.
Note! If your Mac OS is infected with BoostPC then please visit this link for Mac OS Virus Removal Guide.
“Windows OS: Use Anti-Malware To Scan And Remove BoostPC (Recommended)”
SpyHunter is a giant among the security programs that use advanced threat detection technology to remove any sort of Adware/PUPs, Browser hijacker, Trojans, Rootkits, Fake system optimization tools, worms, and rootkits.
It not only remove threats but provides rigorous 24/7 protection from any unsolicited programs, vulnerability or rootkits attacks.
Why we are recommending SpyHunter is because of its efficiency, lightweight that only takes up 12% of the CPU space and simpler user-interface that is designed for both beginners and advanced users. Besides that, it has features which require less-user monitoring, custom scan options, system guard and 24*7 help desk support. Keeping SpyHunter actively running on your computer adds an extra security layer that protects your computer system from being attacked.
Spyhunter certified by “West Coast Labs’ Checkmark Certification System” gives you a complete money-back guarantee, if you are not satisfied with its results. Because they are sure you will going to have it on your system. So, it’s a win-win situation for you try out SpyHunter free version and if you are fully satisfied to get registered for full protection against all malicious odds that hampers your security.
Instructions To Download And Install SpyHunter 5
- Once the file “SpyHunter-Installer.exe” is downloaded, double-click on the file to open (you can see it in your browser’s bottom-left corner);
- Click “Yes” to the “User Account Control” dialog box;
- Now, choose your preferred language and then click on “OK” for the next installation step;
- Now, click on “Continue” button to proceed with the To proceed to the installation;
- Now installation will begin, please be patience as it may take few minutes;
- Click on the “Finish” button to successfully install the program.
Note: It may ask you to enter your information- there you can add your details or go with the default information to start the program.
Steps To Perform System Scan with SpyHunter
- Once the program is installed successfully, the SpyHunter 5 Anti-malware program will launch automatically. If it does not then locate the SpyHunter icon on the desktop or click on “Start” ? “Programs” ? Select “SpyHunter”.
- Now, To start the scan click on the “Home” tab and select “Start Scan Now” button. The program will now start scanning for threats, malware, unwanted programs, rootkits, and system vulnerabilities.
- The scan will report will all the details of the result along with system errors, vulnerabilities and malware found.
- SpyHunter 5 groups your scan results into categories determined by the type of objects detected: “Malware“, “PUPs” (Potentially Unwanted Programs), “Privacy“, “Vulnerabilities“, and “Whitelisted objects“, as shown in the screenshot below:
- To select an object for removal, just select the checkbox at the left of the object. You can select or deselect any objects displayed in the “Malware,” “PUPs” or “Privacy” tabs. We have included a convenient “Select All” feature that will allow you to select or deselect all objects displayed in a specific tab. To utilize this feature, simply select the checkbox at the left in the specific tab (9)
- Once you have selected which objects you would like to remove, click the “Next” button.
Note: Any objects that you choose to remove will be securely stored in SpyHunter’s “Quarantine.” If at any time, you would like to restore a previously removed object(s), you can do so through SpyHunter’s “Restore” feature. To locate the object, go to the “Malware/PC Scan” tab and then click the “Quarantine” tab. From the “Quarantine” tab, you may restore an object by selecting the checkbox at the left of the object and clicking the “Restore” button.
If you want to know more about it, you are welcomed to check out the full review of SpyHunter 5.
“Windows OS: Manually Find And Remove BoostPC ( Only Recommended For Advanced Users)”
The manual steps guided below are the links separately made with caution, to avoid any confusion to our readers. Please follow the links below and perform them one by one. If you are going for the manual removal process, then we also recommend you to print/download these instructions or open it from another uninfected computer or laptop and follow step-by-step manual removal instruction. Windows OS PDF Guide.
- Step 1: Boot your Computer to “Safe Mode With Networking“
- Step 2: Remove Suspicious Programs from Browsers
- Step 3: Removing Adware from Operating System
- Step 4: Cleaning temporary files and removing unwanted programs left within task manager
- Step 5: Running Full System Scan(Recommended)
You should not skip the full system scan step. As even if you don’t perform the manual steps for removing the Adware, running system scan will automatically detect and remove the threat. Security experts always recommend to do deep system scanning if you are not a technically sound person. All the steps mentioned above needs a good knowledge of system utilities, so if anything goes wrong it will hamper your device.