Bludwan.com is a browser redirect page that bothers users with misleading advertisements. Don’t know why you are getting redirected to Bludwan.com? Then you must read this guide and follow the removal instructions.
What is Bludwan.com?
Bludwan.com is marked as a malevolent homepage hijacker that attempts to take the control over the browser. Users may careful choose the extensions to install on their browser. As the extensions are generally useful and are designed to ease users while surfing, but there are bad developers that deploy them to serve plenty of advertisements. If you have installed any fake browser extension or other freeware program, then Bludwan.com may show up on your active web browsers.
Once installed, Bludwan.com will take over the attacked browser and redirects users to malicious domain. It may use the search services of Google or yahoo to present the end search results. But before that, it sends the search queries to multiple sites that drop advertisement links based on that. Thus, it is no wonder you may getting lots of ads and paid links along with search results.
As Bludwan.com is purposefully designed to show advertisements all over the browser to earn profit. Some of the issues caused by this nasty program are browser redirection, pop-up advertisements and collecting browsing data from background.
Hence, Bludwan.com browser hijacker must be removed quickly.
How Bludwan.com affects the web browsers?
Bludwan.com will silently takes over the target browser like Google Chrome, Mozilla or Internet Explorer. Thus, you will not be able to surf according to your wish as will be redirected to third party sites. This deceitful search engine is not easy to trace as it works silently as a virtual layer and automatically redirects to Google page. But if you see annoying ads and paid links loaded with the search results, then you must be sure of the presence of Bludwan.com redirect program and similar other.
Apart from these, Bludwan.com tracks surfing records of users surfing habits and collects individual’s data like: visited site info, geo-location, keywords entered to the browser, links hit on the websites, IP address and other system related information.
The collected data by this fake search engine are used for advertising purposes and send fake traffic to third-party sites to generate pay-per-click revenue. Not only that, Bludwan.com is also used to generate fake online profile of users and use them for misleading purposes.
The presence Bludwan.com could also leads to browser redirects, pop-up ads and invite other potentially harmful programs to get installed. Thus, users must not delay to remove Bludwan.com browser hijacker as soon as possible.
How To Remove Bludwan.com Hijacker?
Browser hijacker like Bludwan.com will not allow users to reset their settings back. As they also alter system settings that launches the extension each time user opens it browser. You may face trouble uninstalling “Bludwan.com” extension or its homepage from the browser, as it configures system settings, add registry entries and creates task scheduler that runs its program within the background. This makes the manual removal a tricky process. Thus, here is both the manual and automatic removal solution provided to help get rid of Bludwan.com hijacker.
“Windows OS: Use Anti-Malware To Scan And Remove Bludwan.com (Recommended)”
SpyHunter is a giant among the security programs. It uses advance threat detection method to remove any sort of Adware/PUPs, Browser hijacker, Trojans, Rootkits, Fake system optimization tools, worms, and rootkits.
Besides that, it provides 24/7 protection from any unsolicited programs, vulnerability or rootkits attacks. Thus, keeping SpyHunter actively running on your computer add an extra security layer.
Instructions To Download And Install SpyHunter 5
- Once the file “SpyHunter-InstallerAccess” is downloaded, double-click on the file to open (you can see it in your browser’s bottom-left corner);
- Click “Yes” to the “User Account Control” dialog box;
- Now, choose your preferred language and then click on “OK” for the next installation step;
- Now, click on “Continue” button to proceed with the To proceed to the installation;
- Now installation will begin, please be patience as it may take few minutes;
- Click on the “Finish” button to successfully install the program.
Note: It may ask you to enter your information- there you can add your details or go with the default information to start the program.
Steps To Perform System Scan with SpyHunter
- Once the program is installed successfully, the SpyHunter 5 Anti-malware program will launch automatically. If it does not then locate the SpyHunter icon on the desktop or click on “Start” ? “Programs” ? Select “SpyHunter”.
- Now, To start the scan click on the “Home” tab and select “Start Scan Now” button. The program will now start scanning for Bludwan.com and other associated programs.
- The scan will report will all the details of the result about Bludwan.com along with system errors, vulnerabilities and malware found.
- Once you have found Bludwan.com as shown in the screenshot below:
- To select an object for removal, just select the checkbox at the left of the object and click on “Next“. You can select or deselect any objects displayed in the “Malware,” “PUPs” or “Privacy” tabs. It has a “Select All” feature that allows to select or deselect all objects displayed in a specific tab. To utilize this feature, simply select the checkbox at the left in the specific tab (9).
- Once you have selected which objects you would like to remove, click the “Next” button.
If you want to know more about it, you are welcomed to check out the full review of SpyHunter 5.
Remove Bludwan.com browser hijacker Manually
To Manually Remove Bludwan.com browser hijacker, follow the below steps carefully:
The manual steps guided below are the links separately made with caution, to avoid any confusion to our readers. Please follow the links below and perform them one by one. If you are going for the manual removal process, then we recommend you to print/download these instructions or open it from another uninfected computer or laptop and follow step-by-step manual removal instruction. Windows OS PDF Guide.
Remove Bludwan.com extension from the web browsers
- Click the Chrome menu appearing on the top right corner of the browser as three vertical dots;
- Select “Settings”;
- Click “Extensions,” (steps by slightly differ due to browser versions, to avoid any clash simply copy this URL “chrome://extensions/” and paste it within the search bar).
- Once the extension page appears, look for any suspicious extension that you may have choose to install.
- Click on the trash icon or “Remove” button.
- Start your Firefox browser and click on three horizontal lines on top right corner to open menu then select “Add-ons”. You can also press Ctrl+Shift+A on your keyboard or copy and paste “about:addons” to the address bar to open the ‘Add-Ons Manager’ page. This page will show you the list of all extensions/add-ons installed on your browser.
- Select Extensions, and check the installed extensions and if it stands out to be an Adware/PUP then
- Click on Remove button.
- You may be prompted to restart the browser then do it make the changes successful.
- On Internet Explorer browser click “Tools,” icon;
- Select “Manage add-ons.” Within the Manage add-ons window on show section choose “All add-ons”. This will list all the toolbars and extensions installed on the browser.
- Select the ones which are unusual and can be recognized as an Adware;
- Click “Disable.”
- Repeat the steps for all unwanted add-ons and extensions.
Reset web browsers
Scan your computer for complete removal of Bludwan.com.
Note: The above manual steps may not guarantee the full removal, as the complete removal of any harmful program means more than that. They have the ability to modify the browser settings again and again, till its associated files and registries are not completely removed.
If you are not familiar with the above steps then, we recommend you to choose the automatic removal of Bludwan.com.
Remove Bludwan.com using HitmanPro.Alert.
HitmanPro.Alert is an advanced anti-malware program that takes on proactive approach towards threat behavior and its activities. This is a real-time malware program that delivers protection from latest threat. Including crypto-malware, ransomware, exploits, spyware, risks related to online transactions.
Thus, running HitmanPro.Alert on your computer will provide your real-time status, checks the browser integrity and alerts or any suspicious activity. So that you can have a safe browsing and online transactions. Read the full review of HitmanPro.Alert here.
- Click on the provided link to download HitmanPro.Alert anti-malware;
- Now, open the download folder to locate “hmpalert3”;
- Click on it, to begin the installation;
- It will ask your User Account control, if prompted click on “yes”;
- The download should begin shortly. HitmanPro.Alert window will appear, where you need to choose the options:
Choose Protection level as Maximum
And tick the other boxes and finally click on “Install”.
HitmanPro.Alert only takes 5MB of your memory and is very quick to install.
- After the installation is complete, the scan will start. First scan may take up some minutes, as it will scan the whole computer.
- The scan results are here. Carefully look down the list. You can here, the scan has found 1 Riskware and thousands of traces which can be risky.
- You can select the threat to delete, quranantize, ignore or, mark as safe. If you want to remove all the threats, then simply click on the “Next” button below.
- HitmanPro.Alert first creates a restore point and then starts the removal process. This helps to recover from any damage.
This is the removal process with HitmanPro.Alert.
However, these steps may help you successfully remove Bludwan.com browser hijacker. But you should be cautious while you do any kind of online activity. So, always pay attention to what you choose to download, as various freeware downloads come as software bundles.
Most often, these bundles may purposely drop other harmful programs on the computer. Therefore, it is better to opt for Advanced or custom installation procedure to avoid installation of unknown programs.
Hope you find this article helpful.