Bitcoin666@cock.li.word is a ransomware that encrypts files and documents on the target PC. After encrypting, it leaves a ransom message is placed within a text file named as Recover Files.TXT. As per the message, the authors of the ransomware demands the ransom to be paid in Bitcoins to the provided wallet address.
There are several means through which the PC can get infected but the most common means is spam mail distribution and hacked web pages. Once the Bitcoin666@cock.li.word ransomware gets inside, they starts the encryption process using strong encryption algorithm. Thus, you will not be able to access many of your files include documents, images, videos, PDFs and many more. It may state a warning message access denied for opening the files, file encrypted or payment required to get the decryption key. These are all the signs of PC being attacked by ransomware threat.
However, users are requested not to panic and never agree to pay the ransom. As there is no any guarantee of getting the files back. Thus instead of paying money to these cyber offenders, victims must remove Bitcoin666@cock.li.word ransomware from infected computer system. And try to recover their files from backup (if any) or system restore method.
Bitcoin666@cock.li.word Ransomware virus Distribution methods:
Bitcoin666@cock.li.word ransomware is uses phishing email campaigns to distribute their payloads. The cyber criminals attach the infected documents subjected as any invoice, shipping details, DHL/FedEx. Generally users become curious to open such documents without actually thinking that if they were expecting such kind of emails. Once the user opens the infected email and download the macro-enabled document, it starts running the script and downloads the infection on the target computer.
Other ways include, exploiting vulnerabilities of the network, servers like any unsecure Remote Desktop Services (RDP) ports, by attempting the brute force attack. Through this attack they are able to crack the login credentials of the system. This is how Bitcoin666@cock.li.word ransomware can affect your system.
More about Bitcoin666@cock.li.word Ransomware
Bitcoin666@cock.li.word ransomware mainly attacks Windows Based OS and accomplish various changes to the system. It changes Windows Registry entries, installs various files and processes within different locations of the machine.
%Temp% and so on.
It also disables firewall to escape its detection and schedule auto-launch of the program. Once done, whenever the user starts its machine, the encryption process begins by scanning the whole system. It searches for files and documents of various extensions and encrypts them with private key. The key is then stored within the remote server of the hackers including the unique ID which defines the machine address.
Here are the file extensions targeted:
.sql, .mp4, .7z, .rar, .m4a, .wma, .avi, .wmv, .csv, .d3dbsp, .zip, .sie, .sum, .ibank, .t13, .t12, .qdf, .gdb, .tax, .pkpass, .bc6, .bc7, .bkp, .qic, .bkf, .sidn, .sidd, .mddata, .itl, .itdb, .icxs, .hvpl, .hplg, .hkdb, .mdbackup, .syncdb, .gho, .cas, .svg, .map, .wmo, .itm, .sb, .fos, .mov, .vdf, .ztmp, .sis, .sid, .ncf, .menu, .layout, .dmp, .blob, .esm, .vcf, .vtf, .dazip, .fpk, .mlx, .kf, .iwd, .vpk, .tor, .psk, .rim, .w3x, .fsh, .ntl, .arch00, .lvl, .snx, .cfr, .ff, .vpp_pc, .lrf, .m2, .mcmeta, .vfs0, .mpge, .kdb, .db0, .dba, .rofl, .hkx, .bar, .upk, .das, .iwi, .litemod, .asset, .forge, .ltx, .bsa, .apk, .re4, .sav, .lbf, .slm, .bik, .epk, .rgss3a, .pak, .big, wallet, .wotreplay, .xxx, .desc, .py, .m3u, .flv, .js, .css, .rb, .png, .jpeg, .txt, .p7c, .p7b, .p12, .pfx, .pem, .crt, .cer, .der, .x3f, .srw, .pef, .ptx, .r3d, .rw2, .rwl, .raw, .raf, .orf, .nrw, .mrwref, .mef, .erf, .kdc, .dcr, .cr2, .crw, .bay, .sr2, .srf, .arw, .3fr, .dng, .jpe, .jpg, .cdr, .indd, .ai, .eps, .pdf, .pdd, .psd, .dbf, .mdf, .wb2, .rtf, .wpd, .dxg, .xf, .dwg, .pst, .accdb, .mdb, .pptm, .pptx, .ppt, .xlk, .xlsb, .xlsm, .xlsx, .xls, .wps, .docm, .docx, .doc, .odb, .odc, .odm, .odp, .ods, .odt
After the files are encrypted, it is substituted with Bitcoin666@cock.li.word extension, after the original file name. Ransomware creates a note within each of the encrypted folders and even on the desktop named as “Recover Files.TXT“. This text file contains the ransom note that notifies user about the ransomware attack. And ask them to contact to Bitcoin666@cock.li.word address in order to get instructions about file recovery.
The ransom note states that:
ATTENTION!!! All your files are encrypted.
If you want to get your files back, you should pay me 0.3 BTC on the following address:
You have only 24 hours since you received that e-mail, after that price will be 0.4 BTC.
To prove that we can bring back your files, attach a file between 1~5mb to be decoded.
After receiving your payment I’ll send you a simple program and encryption key for it.
Note:Trying to recover your files with another program may result in a fatal loss of all your files. Only the original decoder and key can bring all your files back.
You can buy bitcoins here: https://localbitcoins.com
Here’s a FAQ how to buy and send bitcoins (any language): https://localbitcoins.com/faq
(P.S. NO EXCEPTIONS WILL BE MADE. EVERYONE HAVE TO PAY.)
Write us: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
Also, the desktop background may be replaced by the ransom image:
By doing this, the only motive of the ransomware threat is to extort huge amount of money in the name of file decryption tool. But it may not be true and you will lose both your files and money. Mostly the ransom demanded is in the form of virtual currency that is Bitcoins.
What’s worse, the ransomware may even delete the Shadow Volume Copies of the encrypted files that the victims may not be able to recover their files.
How To Remove Bitcoin666@cock.li.word Ransomware Without Paying Ransom
In this guide, you will find removal instruction of Bitcoin666@cock.li.word Ransomware virus both manually and using anti-malware tool. At times, virus does not allow the installation or scanning of anti-virus program, so you need to switch to “safe mode with networking”. After that you can try recovery of your data if you have any backup or we have listed some methods which may help you to recover some of your data.
Ransomware attacks can be haunting for any user as the system contains our valuable data which we cannot afford to lose. The best tip any security expert will give you is to keep backup of your important documents to fight against such threats. Don’t forget to read the preventive guidelines at the end of the article which will help you stay safe from such attacks in future.
“Windows OS: Use Ransomware Defender To Remove Bitcoin666@cock.li.word (Recommended)”
Ransomware Defender Overview
ShieldApps’ Ransomware Defender is a specially designed security program for Ransomware threats. This anti-ransomware program detects and permanently blocks any ransomware prior to its attack on the protected system.
Ransomware Defender maintains its threat database and its related information which makes the program proactively detect any sort of threat and notifies users upon detection. This anti-ransomware program works well along with your primary anti-malware applications and does not interfere with its work.
Ransomware Defender is compatible with Windows 7, 8, 8.1 and 10. And is suitable for both home and business network. It has various prominent features like real-time ransomware detection, scan protection, history cleaner, file transfer tools and automated scans that helps in better detection of ransomware threat and blacklist them from your system permanently. Additionally, this anti-ransomware solution also provides firewall security, internet protection, mobile security, and virtual private network configuration. The solution also offers 24/7 customer support via email.
If you generally do not keep backups of your important files and documents or use your computer or device for storing financial and business details, then it is very important to keep them secure. Here Ransomware Defender is proved as a comprehensive anti-ransomware solution.
Do not compromise with your computer’s security.
Ransomware Defender solution comes with a subscription of $49.95.
Ransomware Defender Features
- Ransomware Protection: This ransomware solution effectively detects, removes and blacklists any ransomware that attempts to attack your system. And always keep monitoring the system within background for any possible attacks.
- Smart Ransomware Detection: Due to its advanced technology of threat detection, you can rest assured of system protection. It will give real-time updates and report of any suspicious activity.
- Internet Security: Protects from any unethical web activity, malicious attempts to breach your internet security, blocks any malicious websites and infected online scripts through ransomware generally enter.
- Scheduled Scan/Clean Action: It provides a user-friendly and fully automated solution for schedule scans at your preferred timings, thus even if you forgot to manually scan your computer you are still protected.
- Secure File Eraser: It’s a very important feature provided by Ransomware defender that empowers you to fix any of your files/applications that you suspect as infected.
- 24/7 PROTECTION: Ransomware Defender provides 24/7 real-time protection due to its auto and schedules scan mechanism that guards your system all the time.
Installing Ransomware Defender
- Click on the link to Download Ransomware Defender.
- Choose the location to save the installation file and click on “save”.
- After the download is completed, double-click on the downloaded file to open.
- If prompted by User Account Control: click on “Yes” button.
- This will open an installation wizard. Click on “Install“. Now simply follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation procedure.
- After Ransomware Defender successfully installs, a new tab or window will open on your browser showing confirmation of the installation.
Remove Bitcoin666@cock.li.word Ransomware threat on your computer
Follow the steps to properly scan and remove ransomware threat from your computer:
- Start the scan: Once the installation is completed, the Ransomware defender application window will open. Here you have 3 options for scan: Quick, Deep, and Custom. We suggest doing Deep scanning for the first time for better detection of ransomware threats.
- Let the scanning process be completed: Scan will take a few minutes so be patient and let the scan be fully completed.
- Review the Scan Results and remove the threats: Review the scan results that will show all the threats and malware found during the scan process, you can manually choose to remove the threats one-by-one by clicking on the threat name and select “delete” or simply click on the “Clean All” button.
Windows OS: Manually Find And Remove Bitcoin666@cock.li.word (Recommended Only For Advanced Users)
The manual steps guided below are the links separately made with caution, to avoid any confusion to our readers. Please follow the links below and perform them one by one. If you are going for the manual removal process, then we recommend you to print/download these instructions or open it from another uninfected computer or laptop and follow step-by-step manual removal instruction. Windows OS PDF Guide.
Method 1: Remove Ransomware and its associated files from the computer through safe mode with command prompt.
- Reboot your computer to “Safe Mode with Command Prompt”
- End malicious process from “Task Manager“
- Deep Scan the infected computer to ensure complete removal (Recommended)
Method 2: Remove Ransomware virus using System Restore Procedure
After that, the ransomware threat should go, but if it is still there, then you need to try another method which is the “System Restore”. Click here to perform System Restore in Windows OS.
How to Restore the Encrypted Files?
Click here to know How you can restore the encrypted file.