What is Bearfoos?
The Bearfoos is a dangerous Trojan threat that is spreading worldwide at an enormous rate. The hackers behind it uses the Dungeon Fighter Online game to embed their malicious code within. Thus, the payload of the Trojan is being distributed among the gamer.
But once it attacks any computer system, Bearfoos further uses Spam techniques to spread to other users. The threat is designed to dig out personal information of the user and transfer them to remote server. But it can also perform other functions like creating malicious registry entries, editing boot options, deactivating firewall and other installed security program.
These may soon consequence to mislead of data, performance degradation and system failure.
In simple words, if you have recently installed, Dungeon Fighter Online game then your computer may get severely infected with Bearfoos Trojan threat.
How you can get this infection?
The Bearfoos Trojan is spreading as the additional files or addons for the Dungeon Fighter Online game. Many users also reported to get it through fake social media links, freeware download sites, spam links and advertisements.
The security experts reported to have various variants of the trojan that is spreading in different ways. Thus to make the attack in larger magnitudes and affect as many computer systems as it can. It can even use names other than Bearfoos, to make use confuse about its existence.
Some of the most prominent ways of attack are:
- Spam email attachments: The authors of the Trojan is using the email phishing to spread its payloads. There are macro-enabled attachments in the form of documents, that embeds the installer files of the threat. Once the user open the attachment, the macro-enabled script starts running which downloads the malicious files on the target computer.
- Fake Download sites: There are various freeware bundles of software that integrate program files of the virus without disclosing it to user. So, once the user downloads any freeware from such sites, it may contain Bearfoos trojan or its other variant.
Apart from these, you should be careful while clicking on random links on social media sites and spam messages on your messenger apps. Threats are spreading rapidly through these ways like Trojan.Dropper.Agent, Ursnif Virus, DarkHydrus, RogueRobin Trojan, SppExtComObjHook.dll, GoogleFix.exe, Zeus virus and many more.
What damages it can do to the targeted device?
Once successful executed, the Bearfoos Trojan soon starts it malicious actions. It aims to establish a command and control server to communicate with the remote hacker. The hacker can then and now send instructions and receive data from the compromised system.
The Bearfoos Trojan may even allow the hacker to remotely access the device and upload or download files. It may even drop other serious threats within background. While every attack has a different purpose, but there are some common behavior found by the security analyst.
- Stealing Personal Data:-The Trojan threat may be used to harvest sensitive data stored on the system, that can hamper the privacy of users. It can also lead to identity theft or data theft.
- Collect System Related information:-The threat can persistently dig out machine configuration, hardware components, software running and other such information. These information are used to perform attacks by assigning a unique ID to the device.
- Bypass system firewall:- Its variants are capable to shut down the firewall and other installed security program to escape its detection. It may even modify network settings to establish connection with the internet.
- Modifies Windows Registry Entries:- Windows Registry is a database for the program files and its settings. The trojan creates new entries for its executable program. This also makes the manual removal difficult until the permissions from the registry is not been deleted. Also modifying or deleting registries may throw unexceptional errors that affect functioning.
- Changes Boot Menu Options:- It may even change the boot options to make itself possible to automatically launch when the computer is rebooted or turned on. Many users are not aware of these settings, so even if they remove the virus and its related files, it can still appear from the registries and boot changes.
- Modify, delete and install files:- The authors of the threat have programmed it to be capable to configure files, delete backups, self restore and even delete the shadow volume copies of the data. This makes the data recovery difficult for the users. Thus users must always use a cloud backup solutions to keep their important data safe.
Apart from these, the hacker controlling the Bearfoos trojan and its variants may instruct for any other malicious activity. Thus, it is very important to remove this destroying threat as soon as possible.
How to Remove Bearfoos Trojan
The removal process of Bearfoos Trojan is tough like any other virus. It can leave you puzzled as it does too many modifications to the system internal settings. This may take enough time and patience to do it manually. That even may not ensure you complete removal.
For our readers to understand, we have put our best possible solution that can help to remove this threat. But we suggest you to only try this if you are familiar with system configurations, registries keys and its subkeys values and also boot settings.
While performing the manual solution, be enough cautious and if you get confused at any point of time, them leave it and take the help of powerful anti-malware program to detect and remove the virus. This will not only ensure safe removal of Bearfoos Trojan but also restore default system settings.
To Remove Bearfoos Trojan, follow these steps:
The manual steps below contains the instructions separately to avoid any confusion to our readers. Please follow the links below and perform them one by one. If you are going for the manual removal process, then we recommend you to print/download these instructions. Or you can open it from another uninfected computer or laptop. And follow step-by-step manual removal instruction: Windows OS PDF Guide.
Step 1:Remove Bearfoos Trojan From WindowsOS
(Now switch to the normal mode and scan your computer)
Step 2: Remove Trojan Virus Using System Restore Procedure. (Advanced option)
Step 3: Remove Bearfoos Trojan using HitmanPro.Alert
HitmanPro.Alert is an advanced anti-malware program that takes on proactive approach towards threat behavior and its activities. Its cloud-based scanning technique is deeply scans the system to the possible locations where threats mostly resides. This is a real-time malware program that delivers protection from latest threat, crypto-malware, ransomware, exploits, spyware, risks related to online transactions.
HitmanPro.Alert is best-in-class that provides various advanced features like:
- Safe Browsing;
- Exploit Mitigation;
- Risk reduction:
- Key-loggers Protection and many such.
Running HitmanPro.Alert on your computer will provide your real-time status, checks the browser integrity and alerts or any suspicious activity. So that you can have a safe browsing and online transactions. Read the full review of HitmanPro.Alert here.
Steps To Install And Run HitmanPro.Alert
- Click on the provided link to download HitmanPro.Alert anti-malware;
- Now, open the download folder or where your program is downloaded to locate “hmpalert3”;
- Click on it, to begin the installation;
- It will ask your User Account control, if prompted click on “yes”;
- The download should begin shortly. HitmanPro.Alert window will appear, where you need to choose the options:
Choose Protection level as Maximum
And tick the other boxes and finally click on “Install”.
HitmanPro.Alert only takes 5MB of your memory and is very quick to install.
- After the installation is complete, the scan will start. First scan may take up some minutes, as it will scan the whole computer.
- The scan results are displayed. Carefully look down the list. You can here, the scan has found 1 Riskware and thousands of traces which can be risky.
- You can select the threat to delete, quranantize, ignore or, mark as safe. If you want to remove all the threats, then simply click on the “Next” button below.
- HitmanPro.Alert first creates a restore point and then starts the removal process. This helps to recover from any damage.
So, now you are done, with the removal process with HitmanPro.Alert.
Step 4: System Restore Procedure
- After Removal of Bearfoos Trojan, it is important to restore the damages done by it. As it attacks windows registry to add its keys and values to execute as the system starts. All these keys may help the program to regenerate its codes. To repair the registry and restore to its previous state, we recommend the “Reimage Tool“, that cleans all the traces of threat and fix all windows errors.
Best Practices To avoid Such Infections
- Keep a secure firewall for the system. This will help block any unwanted internet connections to your device.
- Do not open spam mail attachments from unknown sender. This is the common way through which malicious programs intrude inside. Thus, we should be cautious while getting mails from non-trusted sources.
- Keep the software program updates, so that it does not have any security patches.
- Be very cautious while downloading any freeware from third-party websites. Always download software programs from official websites. Thus avoiding any accidental download of Adware/PUPs.
- Do not use public wi-fi for online transactions, as they are not fully secure and can infect the device.
- Use a powerful anti-virus program that will keep track of the security.
By following the above tips, you can avoid viruses or unwanted programs entering on your computer. Hope this article is helpful to you.