What is ATILLA STEALER app on my computer? Is it a legitimate application? These queries may run in your mind, if you encounter ATILLA STEALER program on your computer.
Don’t worry here is the solution…
What is ATILLA STEALER?
ATILLA STEALER is a deadly invective RAT virus which stands for “Remote Access Trojan“. In the other form this can be defined as a Trojan horse variant that opens the backdoor of the target PC and remotely access it for illegal purposes. But the main purpose of this threat is to steal the banking information stored on the attacked system.
ATILLA STEALER is promoted as a software application within the Dark Web that are mostly controlled by group of hackers. It also has its official website “atilla.vip” which users should never try to visit. Atilla stealer uses various social engineering tactics to promote its app and get installed on the machine. It is advertised as a password recovery tool that can help users to recover their passwords in case of loss.
But this is just a trick to fool users.
If you unknowingly install this harmful app, it will change various settings like adding registry keys, scheduling auto-launch of its program, network access and so on.
Pretending to be legit program, you may allow ATILLA STEALER to access your confidential accounts as a password recovery tool. But it is only meant to trace all your logins and other credentials of secured accounts. These data is used for hackers for frauds and identity thefts.
ATILLA STEALER also spreads through obfuscated email attachments
Although, this RAT is often installed through its official website being endorsed as a legitimate program. But its authors also deploy its harmful code within the infected email attachments. This is the most common way through which various harmful threats are being distributed like NetSupport Manager.
The emails contain the macro-enabled document containing the malicious script. If user downloads the attachment, the scripts starts executing that downloads the payloads of the virus within the target computer.
Thus, you can unknowingly get the ATILLA STEALER RAT virus on your computer. The security experts advise users to never download the attachment from any unknown email address.
Also scan the download with effective anti-malware tool before downloading the attachment.
What damages it can do to the targeted device?
ATILLA STEALER is totally unpredictable and you may never get to its real motive. It gives you no signs of infection until you see an unusual behavior of your device.
Some of them are:
- Lots of unknown process running within the task manager
- When you shut down the system, it may say that “some programs are still running”
- Windows maximize and minimize slowly
- Performance is generally dull.
- Network show high usage.
All these are only initial sign of infection. As there are various malicious background activities that keeps on executing without your knowledge.
Once ATILLA STEALER gets successfully installed on the target computer system, it attempts to establish a remote connection between the host machine and the remote server to transfer all the activities of users.
Atilla stealer can hide itself easily to escape firewall detection. Its presence will ruin your privacy entirely and transfer all your private data to cyber offenders to misuse it badly.
So, if have suspected any traces of ATILLA STEALER, or you have accidentally installed this program. Then you should restrict its usage and completely from the PC as soon as possible.
How to Remove ATILLA STEALER Trojan
The removal process of ATILLA STEALER Trojan is tough like any other virus. It can leave you puzzled as it does too many modifications to the system internal settings. This may take enough time and patience to do it manually. That even may not ensure you complete removal.
For our readers to understand, we have put our best possible solution that can help to remove this threat. But we suggest you to only try this if you are familiar with system configurations, registries keys and its sub-keys values and also boot settings.
While performing the manual solution, be enough cautious and if you get confused at any point of time, them leave it and take the help of powerful anti-malware program to detect and remove the virus. This will not only ensure safe removal of ATILLA STEALER Trojan but also restore default system settings.
To Remove ATILLA STEALER Trojan, follow these steps:
The manual steps below contains the instructions separately to avoid any confusion to our readers. Please follow the links below and perform them one by one. If you are going for the manual removal process, then we recommend you to print/download these instructions. Or you can open it from another uninfected computer or laptop. And follow step-by-step manual removal instruction: Windows OS PDF Guide.
Step 1:Remove ATILLA STEALER Trojan From WindowsOS
Step 2: Remove Trojan Virus Using System Restore Procedure. (Advanced option)
Step 3: Remove ATILLA STEALER Trojan using HitmanPro.Alert
HitmanPro.Alert is an advanced anti-malware program that takes on proactive approach towards threat behavior and its activities. Its cloud-based scanning technique is deeply scans the system to the possible locations where threats mostly resides. This is a real-time malware program that delivers protection from latest threat, crypto-malware, ransomware, exploits, spyware, risks related to online transactions.
HitmanPro.Alert is best-in-class that provides various advanced features like:
- Safe Browsing;
- Exploit Mitigation;
- Risk reduction:
- Key-loggers Protection and many such.
Running HitmanPro.Alert on your computer will provide your real-time status, checks the browser integrity and alerts or any suspicious activity. So that you can have a safe browsing and online transactions. Read the full review of HitmanPro.Alert here.
Steps To Install And Run HitmanPro.Alert
- Click on the provided link to download HitmanPro.Alert anti-malware;
- Now, open the download folder or where your program is downloaded to locate “hmpalert3”;
- Click on it, to begin the installation;
- It will ask your User Account control, if prompted click on “yes”;
- The download should begin shortly. HitmanPro.Alert window will appear, where you need to choose the options:
Choose Protection level as Maximum
And tick the other boxes and finally click on “Install”.
HitmanPro.Alert only takes 5MB of your memory and is very quick to install.
- After the installation is complete, the scan will start. First scan may take up some minutes, as it will scan the whole computer.
- The scan results are displayed. Carefully look down the list. You can here, the scan has found 1 Riskware and thousands of traces which can be risky.
- You can select the threat to delete, quranantize, ignore or, mark as safe. If you want to remove all the threats, then simply click on the “Next” button below.
- HitmanPro.Alert first creates a restore point and then starts the removal process. This helps to recover from any damage.
So, now you are done, with the removal process with HitmanPro.Alert.
Step 4: System Restore Procedure
- After Removal of ATILLA STEALER Trojan, it is important to restore the damages done by it. As it attacks windows registry to add its keys and values to execute as the system starts. All these keys may help the program to regenerate its codes. To repair the registry and restore to its previous state, we recommend the “Reimage Tool“, that cleans all the traces of threat and fix all windows errors.
Best Practices To avoid Such Infections
- Keep a secure firewall for the system. This will help block any unwanted internet connections to your device.
- Do not open spam mail attachments from unknown sender. This is the common way through which malicious programs intrude inside. Thus, we should be cautious while getting mails from non-trusted sources.
- Keep the software program updates, so that it does not have any security patches.
- Be very cautious while downloading any freeware from third-party websites. Always download software programs from official websites. Thus avoiding any accidental download of Adware/PUPs.
- Do not use public wi-fi for online transactions, as they are not fully secure and can infect the device.
- Use a powerful anti-virus program that will keep track of the security.
By following the above tips, you can avoid viruses or unwanted programs entering on your computer. Hope this article is helpful to you.