What is Ad Guardian On my browser? Why you are getting Ad Guardian Ads and Pop-ups? How to Uninstall Ad Guardian?
Ad Guardian is promoted as a tool that can help users to have an ad-free browsing. It claims to block the advertisements that appear on the web page while browsing. Its feature may sound interesting and useful. But yet it is spotted as a potentially unwanted application that is not meant to fulfill its promises. The main aim of Ad Guardian is to hook around your browser and trace your online habits and deliver to various sponsors. These collected data are used for serving various forms of advertisements. Security experts never recommend using Ad Guardian tool.
Such programs mostly arrives without the permission of users by freeware downloads, updating plug-ins from fake pop-ups and clicking on ads. This can be added as an extension to the browsers like Chrome.
Once installed, Ad Guardian adware will drop advertisements upon your infected browser all over the screen. This is used by advertising parties to distribute various forms of adverts to boost traffic for their sites. These ads are normally shown alongside of the visited web-pages. Ad Guardian is thus regarded as an adware program which forces users to click on these nasty ads.
Many times, the browser infected with Ad Guardian redirects to suspicious pages that asks users to update their applications, install any extension or rogue security programs. However, downloading any program or performing updates may drop other adware or PUPs inside the compromised PC. In order to stop getting Ads from Ad Guardian, user must remove all potentially unwanted program from the browser as well as PC.
Why You Should Remove Ad Guardian Adware
From the above analysis on Ad Guardian clearly depicts that it is a risky stuff whose presence for long on the system not only annoys you but also put your privacy at risk. Adware like Ad Guardian can be very annoying and its presence can haunt any computer user. As it does too many annoying activities on your PC without any permission. And the most irritating thing about Adware is that makes the removal process tricky as they are not always visible to you. So, if you are also dealing with the same issues because of this nasty program, then you should take on proper removal steps to get rid of this as soon as possible.
Fortunately, the security experts keep investigating about the latest threats and find ways to manually remove such potentially unwanted program or adware. But the manual removal can be tricky and involves an understanding of system’s crucial settings like registries, background processes and the difference between system file and malicious files. You have to be patience and follow each and every step carefully.
Caution: At any case, you get stuck or get confused then security experts advise not to play with essential system settings and go for automatic removal solution.
But the best advice any security expert will give you is to deal with them through a reputed and powerful anti-virus/anti-malware program. If your computer is not protected by any active security program, then it may get attacked by any potentially unwanted program(PUP). These PUPs are just the beginning of the annoying and weird circumstances going to occur on your PC. It is a thing of worry for any computer user as it contains our valuable data, browsing preferences and sensitive details and so on.
Thus, it is very important to make sure that your computer or device is protected by a powerful and real-time security program.
In this guide, we have put few recommendations of anti-malware tools and also summed up manual removal solution to clean the computer from any sort of Adware. If you are not sure of the associated files and registries created by Ad Guardian, then you should first try out scanning your computer with anti-malware. This may help you instantly get rid of the virus.
Note! If your Mac OS is infected with Ad Guardian then please visit this link for Mac OS Virus Removal Guide.
“Windows OS: Use Anti-Malware To Scan And Remove Ad Guardian (Recommended)”
SpyHunter is a giant among the security programs that use advanced threat detection technology to remove any sort of Adware/PUPs, Browser hijacker, Trojans, Rootkits, Fake system optimization tools, worms, and rootkits.
It not only remove threats but provides rigorous 24/7 protection from any unsolicited programs, vulnerability or rootkits attacks.
Why we are recommending SpyHunter is because of its efficiency, lightweight that only takes up 12% of the CPU space and simpler user-interface that is designed for both beginners and advanced users. Besides that, it has features which require less-user monitoring, custom scan options, system guard and 24*7 help desk support. Keeping SpyHunter actively running on your computer adds an extra security layer that protects your computer system from being attacked.
Spyhunter certified by “West Coast Labs’ Checkmark Certification System” gives you a complete money-back guarantee, if you are not satisfied with its results. Because they are sure you will going to have it on your system. So, it’s a win-win situation for you try out SpyHunter free version and if you are fully satisfied to get registered for full protection against all malicious odds that hampers your security.
Instructions To Download And Install SpyHunter 5
- Once the file “SpyHunter-Installer.exe” is downloaded, double-click on the file to open (you can see it in your browser’s bottom-left corner);
- Click “Yes” to the “User Account Control” dialog box;
- Now, choose your preferred language and then click on “OK” for the next installation step;
- Now, click on “Continue” button to proceed with the To proceed to the installation;
- Now installation will begin, please be patience as it may take few minutes;
- Click on the “Finish” button to successfully install the program.
Note: It may ask you to enter your information- there you can add your details or go with the default information to start the program.
Steps To Perform System Scan with SpyHunter
- Once the program is installed successfully, the SpyHunter 5 Anti-malware program will launch automatically. If it does not then locate the SpyHunter icon on the desktop or click on “Start” ? “Programs” ? Select “SpyHunter”.
- Now, To start the scan click on the “Home” tab and select “Start Scan Now” button. The program will now start scanning for Ad Guardian and other associated programs.
- The scan will report will all the details of the result about Ad Guardian along with system errors, vulnerabilities and malware found.
- Once you have found Ad Guardian as shown in the screenshot below:
- To select an object for removal, just select the checkbox at the left of the object and click on “Next“. You can select or deselect any objects displayed in the “Malware,” “PUPs” or “Privacy” tabs. We have included a convenient “Select All” feature that will allow you to select or deselect all objects displayed in a specific tab. To utilize this feature, simply select the checkbox at the left in the specific tab (9).
- Once you have selected which objects you would like to remove, click the “Next” button.
If you want to know more about it, you are welcomed to check out the full review of SpyHunter 5.
“Windows OS: Manually Find And Remove Ad Guardian ( Only Recommended For Advanced Users)”
The manual steps guided below are the links separately made with caution, to avoid any confusion to our readers. Please follow the links below and perform them one by one. If you are going for the manual removal process, then we also recommend you to print/download these instructions or open it from another uninfected computer or laptop and follow step-by-step manual removal instruction. Windows OS PDF Guide.
- Step 1: Boot your Computer to “Safe Mode With Networking“
- Step 2: Remove Ad Guardian and Other Adware from Browsers
- Step 3: Removing Ad Guardian from Operating System
- Step 4: Cleaning temporary files of Ad Guardian and removing unwanted programs left within task manager
- Step 5: Running Full System Scan(Recommended) To Completely Remove Ad Guardian
You should not skip the full system scan step. As even if you don’t perform the manual steps for removing the Adware, running system scan will automatically detect and remove the threat. Security experts always recommend to do deep system scanning if you are not a technically sound person. All the steps mentioned above needs a good knowledge of system utilities, so if anything goes wrong it will hamper your device.