You are here because either you want to get information about ”Ad Doubleclick” or you faced any trouble because of this. Yes, sometimes we all encounter strange browser or system behaviors that haunts us. Fortunately, in this case you will get the perfect solution here.
Now let’s move towards our main concern which is “Ad Doubleclick”.
What is Ad Doubleclick?
Ad Doubleclick is actually not an Adware. It is just an advertising platform that publishers use to earn money. It’s no harm being an online advertiser as this internet world runs on this. This is one of the most debated topics on the websites we read. Is this illegal? No, it’s actually not.
But still are ways through which is the deciding factor for such platforms. There are both genuine and tricky ways to generate huge revenue in a short time.
Some website owners or criminal-minded peoples use illegitimate ways to do this. But How? Let’s crack it. They present a genuine website with attractive ads like playing free games,watching TV or movies for free dating sites or free download sites. They actually conceal third-party links within which users are totally unaware of. Ad-Doubleclick also injects ads on the web-pages without the consent of users. Thus, users encounter ads on the websites they visit and sometimes have auto-clicks. This way, it looks like the real user had clicked on advertising and the creator generates revenue.And the other way users are tricked by installing any fake application that are a form of Adware or malware threats too.
Why I Am Seeing Ad Doubleclick Adware?
Now the question arises who put this on your computer.
I mean it’s pretty sure that you think you are not the one. Because when we browse the web, we are in a too hurry to get what we want. Either it is information, any service, downloads or so. We never think of:
- What we are going to click,
- Is the website we are visiting is safe or not
- The platform/source we have to choose for downloading is safe or not?
- And many like these…
The most common way for Ad Doubleclick intrusion is by adding fake browser extensions. Google and their developers has made browser extension to make the browsing easier. And they also encourage talented developers to create useful extensions. So they made it open source and allowed developers to create and publish useful browser extensions. But some bad developers use this to distribute harmful applications and exploit the systems. Browser extensions are able to read/modify data of websites you visit, and this way they put unwanted ads. However, this is not the only way to control your browser.
It’s not like Google were not aware of this activity. Google’s job is to explore new things. In the future, they will figure out how to stop it. But for now, it’s ON. So you must avoid keeping unused extensions on your browser. Or if you still have installed any unwanted extensions then review them and get rid of them straight away.
If your browser is not in your control, it means that your browser is being controlled by any fake program which is able to read/modify data of websites you visit”. So does it read the Credit Card details you put on the browser? Does it read chats you do? These questions are for the instance, You can ask yourself how you use your browser. Every single character you put on the browser, someone is collecting them.
The other common way is downloading a free applications. If something is available for free then why we should pay right. Actually, we must avoid downloading the free application, they are the most dangerous way. The free applications often come with many suspicious programs and hide in our system.
More details about Ad Doubleclick
Ad Doubleclick redirects users to a third-party site which may or may be malicious. While visiting any anonymous website you click a link and it automatically redirects you to ad.doubleclick.net or pubads.g.doubleclick.net. And then it takes you to the final result page. This is how they work.
Ad Doubleclick or Ad.doubleclick.net actually aims to generate traffic for sponsored/low-ranked website and earn revenue in return. In lure of that, it may drop harmful threats that can seriously affect the performance of the system. The second thing for which we should be aware of Ad Doubleclick is that it silently collects all your browsing data and transfer them to third-party which can easily mislead them for various benefits. So, it is better not to click Ad Doubleclick or its redirected pages.
Best Way to Deal with Ad Doubleclick Adware
You may continuously get this kind of attack unless your computer is well secured by any Anti-Malware application. You have to get a security program because there are numerous ways an unwanted program can enter. It’s not like they come themselves, it’s us who allowed them. Either we download free applications or movies from torrents etc. It’s us who invite them to ruin our system as well as our privacy.
I have spent many hours to make this solution easy for you. I have tried to make manual guidelines simple so you can fix your system without spending a penny. Please make sure to have at least basic skills in operating systems because deletion/manipulation of wrong system files can damage the whole OS.
However, I would suggest using any Anti-Malware you trust that will fix the issue in minutes. You can find the recommended application below that gives 30 days refund policy. It’s a complete win-win situation.
Note! If your Mac OS is infected with Ad Doubleclick then please visit this link for Mac OS Virus Removal Guide.
“Windows OS: Use Anti-Malware To Scan And Remove Ad Doubleclick (Recommended)”
SpyHunter is a giant among the security programs that use advanced threat detection technology to remove any sort of Adware/PUPs, Browser hijacker, Trojans, Rootkits, Fake system optimization tools, worms, and rootkits.
It not only remove threats but provides rigorous 24/7 protection from any unsolicited programs, vulnerability or rootkits attacks.
Why we are recommending SpyHunter is because of its efficiency, lightweight that only takes up 12% of the CPU space and simpler user-interface that is designed for both beginners and advanced users. Besides that, it has features which require less-user monitoring, custom scan options, system guard and 24*7 help desk support. Keeping SpyHunter actively running on your computer adds an extra security layer that protects your computer system from being attacked.
Spyhunter certified by “West Coast Labs’ Checkmark Certification System” gives you a complete money-back guarantee, if you are not satisfied with its results. Because they are sure you will going to have it on your system. So, it’s a win-win situation for you try out SpyHunter free version and if you are fully satisfied to get registered for full protection against all malicious odds that hampers your security.
Instructions To Download And Install SpyHunter 5
- Once the file “SpyHunter-Installer.exe” is downloaded, double-click on the file to open (you can see it in your browser’s bottom-left corner);
- Click “Yes” to the “User Account Control” dialog box;
- Now, choose your preferred language and then click on “OK” for the next installation step;
- Now, click on “Continue” button to proceed with the To proceed to the installation;
- Now installation will begin, please be patience as it may take few minutes;
- Click on the “Finish” button to successfully install the program.
Note: It may ask you to enter your information- there you can add your details or go with the default information to start the program.
Steps To Perform System Scan with SpyHunter
- Once the program is installed successfully, the SpyHunter 5 Anti-malware program will launch automatically. If it does not then locate the SpyHunter icon on the desktop or click on “Start” ? “Programs” ? Select “SpyHunter”.
- Now, To start the scan click on the “Home” tab and select “Start Scan Now” button. The program will now start scanning for threats, malware, unwanted programs, rootkits, and system vulnerabilities.
- The scan will report will all the details of the result along with system errors, vulnerabilities and malware found.
- SpyHunter 5 groups your scan results into categories determined by the type of objects detected: “Malware“, “PUPs” (Potentially Unwanted Programs), “Privacy“, “Vulnerabilities“, and “Whitelisted objects“, as shown in the screenshot below:
- To select an object for removal, just select the checkbox at the left of the object. You can select or deselect any objects displayed in the “Malware,” “PUPs” or “Privacy” tabs. We have included a convenient “Select All” feature that will allow you to select or deselect all objects displayed in a specific tab. To utilize this feature, simply select the checkbox at the left in the specific tab (9)
- Once you have selected which objects you would like to remove, click the “Next” button.
Note: Any objects that you choose to remove will be securely stored in SpyHunter’s “Quarantine.” If at any time, you would like to restore a previously removed object(s), you can do so through SpyHunter’s “Restore” feature. To locate the object, go to the “Malware/PC Scan” tab and then click the “Quarantine” tab. From the “Quarantine” tab, you may restore an object by selecting the checkbox at the left of the object and clicking the “Restore” button.
If you want to know more about it, you are welcomed to check out the full review of SpyHunter 5.
“Windows OS: Manually Find And Remove Ad Doubleclick ( Only Recommended For Advanced Users)”
The manual steps guided below are the links separately made with caution, to avoid any confusion to our readers. Please follow the links below and perform them one by one. If you are going for the manual removal process, then we also recommend you to print/download these instructions or open it from another uninfected computer or laptop and follow step-by-step manual removal instructions. Windows OS PDF Guide.
- Step 1: Boot your Computer to “Safe Mode With Networking“
- Step 2: Remove Suspicious Programs from Browsers
- Step 3: Removing Adware from Operating System
- Step 4: Cleaning temporary files and removing unwanted programs left within the task manager
- Step 5: Running Full System Scan(Recommended)
You should not skip the full system scan step. As even if you don’t perform the manual steps for removing the Adware, running a system scan will automatically detect and remove the threat. Security experts always recommend doing deep system scanning if you are not a technically sound person. All the steps mentioned above need a good knowledge of system utilities, so if anything goes wrong it will hamper your device.