Beware of “Activation Security Warning” pop-up on your browser, and never attempt calling on the scam number.
“Activation Security Warning”
“Activation Security Warning” is among the tech scam pop-up virus. The ERROR # 0xC004FC03 warnings pretends to be from Microsoft and alerts users about any pornographic spyware virus, that may occur due to visiting malicious sites. The deceptive warning further states that, the user need to immediately call on + 1-844-514-8111, which is toll free number of Microsoft.
Undoubtedly, the scammers use the scare tactics by alerting users that their sensitive data can be stolen by the spyware virus.
The “Activation Security Warning” site display the following warning:
Activation Security Warning:
** Microsoft Warning Alert **
ERROR # 0xC004FC03
Please call us immediately at + 1-844-514-8111 (Microsoft Toll Free)
Do not ignore this critical alert.
If you close this page, your computer access will be disabled to prevent further damage to our network.
Your computer has alerted us that it has been infected with a Pornographic Spyware and virus. The following information is being stolen:
2. Credit Card Details
3. Email Account Logins
4.Photos and documents stored on this computer
Please call us within the next 5 minutes to prevent your computer from being disabled or from any information loss.
Microsoft Toll Free: +1-844-514-8111
Prevent this page from creating additional dialogues.
Leave this Page
However, this is a browser-based scam tactics to scare users into falling for various illegal actions. As if you call on the provided number, you will be connected to the scammers on the other side of the call. They use very polite and sophisticated tactics to convince users that their system is infected. For instance, the “PORNOGRAPHIC VIRUS ALERT FROM MICROSOFT” , scam users in similar way.
They will ask you to have remote session with the so-called technicians. They will show more errors or fake virus reports on your computer. Further ask you to purchase their dubious anti-virus program or pay a one-time subscription charge for the technical support. They will guide you to do the online payment, by redirecting some spoofing page where you need to feed your details credit card info, logins and passwords. It is worth to note that, these may be used later for fraudulent purchases and transaction.
Thus, you should never click or call on the scam numbers by”Activation Security Warning” alerts.
How “Activation Security Warning” spread?
Typically, such scam website open on the new tab unexpectedly if user click on any harmful link or visit any compromised site.
Secondly, if the system has got some potentially unwanted program installed in the form of Adware. When it comes to Adware, they are capable to attack the browser and causes redirection. Thus, you should immediately close the deceptive page. However, if it still appears, then you need a trusted anti-malware scanner to locate the harmful program and remove with all their traces to stop browser redirects.
How To Remove”Activation Security Warning” Pop-up Scam?
To Remove “Activation Security Warning” pop-up ads, follow the steps below:
- Block Redirect Pop-ups Alerts from “Activation Security Warning”
- Remove “Activation Security Warning” from browser’s shortcut.
- Remove “Activation Security Warning” and other Adware from windows OS
- Use Anti-malware to scan and remove “Activation Security Warning” .
- Reset web browsers
Note: You should be cautious while performing the above manual removal of “Activation Security Warning” pop-ups virus. So, as to avoid any confusion.
Step 1: Block the permission for the site to showing “Activation Security Warning” pop-ups
- Open chrome menu by clicking on three vertical dots on top-right corner. Click on “Settings“.
- On Chrome’s “Settings” Page, scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on “Advanced“.
- Navigate to “Privacy and Security” section, now click on “Content settings“.
- Click on “Notifications“. You will see list of websites that are allowed to show notifications.
- Search for website showing “Activation Security Warning” pop-ups. Click three vertical dots beside it, then click on “Remove”. This will prevent to show any push notification.(temporarily)
- Open Firefox menu by clicking on click on three horizontal lines. And choose “Options”.
- On the left side of the page, choose “Privacy & Security”.
- Go to “Permissions” section and within the Notifications menu choose “Settings” next to it.
- Locate website showing “Activation Security Warning” pop-ups. If found choose “block” from the drop-down menu.
- Click “Save Changes” button.
- On the top-right part of the browser, click on gear icon to open the menu.
- Select “Internet Options“.
- Navigate to “Privacy” tab, now choose “Pop-up Blockers” section and click on “Settings”.
- Locate website showing “Activation Security Warning” pop-ups. Click on the Remove button.
- Open Microsoft Edge Menu button, by clicking on three horizontal dots. Choose Settings from the menu.
- Click on “Advanced” from the left side of the window.
- Under the “Website permission” section, click on “Manage permission“.
- Locate website showing “Activation Security Warning” pop-ups. Click on the X (Clear) button.
Step 2: Remove browser shortcuts from opening “Activation Security Warning”.
- Right on the web browser shortcut on your desktop;
- Choose “Properties”;
- On the shortcut tab, within the “target” section. Search for website address showing “Activation Security Warning” pop-ups after “C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe” ???.
- If you find anything apart from above, then delete it.
- Repeat with all the installed web browsers.
Step 3: Remove Unwanted programs/Adware from control Panel.
- Click on “Start“, then type “Control Panel” in the search box.
- Choose the “Uninstall a program“.
- Choose the program you want to uninstall from the list and click on “Uninstall” button on top. (Most of the time malicious program will not allow you to manually remove the programs. So you can the help of Express uninstaller tool.)
Step 4: Use Anti-malware to scan and remove “Activation Security Warning”.
Steps To Perform System Scan with SpyHunter
- Once the program is installed successfully, the SpyHunter 5 Anti-malware program will launch automatically. If it does not then locate the SpyHunter icon on the desktop or click on “Start” ? “Programs” ? Select “SpyHunter”.
- Now, To start the scan click on the “Home” tab and select “Start Scan Now” button. The program will now start scanning for “Activation Security Warning” and other associated programs.
- The scan will report will all the details of the result about “Activation Security Warning” along with system errors, vulnerabilities and malware found.
- Once you have found “Activation Security Warning” as shown in the screenshot below:
- To select an object for removal, just select the checkbox at the left of the object and click on “Next“. You can select or deselect any objects displayed in the “Malware,” “PUPs” or “Privacy” tabs. We have included a convenient “Select All” feature that will allow you to select or deselect all objects displayed in a specific tab. To utilize this feature, simply select the checkbox at the left in the specific tab (9).
- Once you have selected which objects you would like to remove, click the “Next” button.
If you want to know more about it, you are welcomed to check out the full review of SpyHunter 5.
Step 5: Reset web browsers
Use Hitman Pro. Alert To Scan And Remove Malicious Programs
Running HitmanPro.Alert on your computer will provide your real-time status, checks the browser integrity and alerts or any suspicious activity. So that you can have a safe browsing and online transactions. Steps To Install And Run HitmanPro.Alert
- Click on the provided link to download HitmanPro.Alert anti-malware;
- Now, open the download folder or where your program is downloaded to locate “hmpalert3”;
- Click on it, to begin the installation;
- It will ask your User Account control, if prompted click on “yes”;
- The download should begin shortly. HitmanPro.Alert window will appear, where you need to choose the options:
Choose Protection level as Maximum
And tick the other boxes and finally click on “Install”.
HitmanPro.Alert only takes 5MB of your memory and is very quick to install.
- After the installation is complete, the scan will start. First scan may take up some minutes, as it will scan the whole computer.
- The scan results are displayed. Carefully look down the list. You can here, the scan has found 1 Riskware and thousands of traces which can be risky.
- You can select the threat to delete, quranantize, ignore or, mark as safe. If you want to remove all the threats, then simply click on the “Next” button below.
- HitmanPro.Alert first creates a restore point and then starts the removal process. This helps to recover from any damage.
So, now you are done, with the removal process with HitmanPro.Alert.
Best Practices To avoid Such Infections
- Do not click on “Allow” button to the Push notifications.
- Avoid opening spam mail attachments, this is the common way through virus intrude inside. Thus, we should be cautious while getting mails from non-trusted sources.
- Keep the software program updates, so that it does not have any security patches.
- Be very cautious while downloading any freeware from third-party websites. Always download software programs from official websites. Thus avoiding any accidental download of Adware/PUPs.
- Do not use public wi-fi for online transactions, as they are not fully secure and can infect the device.
- Use a powerful anti-virus program to keep track of the security.
By following the above tips, you can avoid viruses or unwanted programs entering on your computer. Hopefully, this article is helpful to you.