If your files are substituted with [Kew07@qq.com].Actin extension, it means your computer us infected with Actin ransomware threat. Here is what you can do to remove it and restore your files back.
Actin is another perilous ransomware threat that is a variant of Phobos ransomware. It is severe ransomware threat that encrypts files on the victims PC and is intended to extort money from innocent users. The threat mainly targets windows based OS by encrypting important files on the system. The extension used by the ransomware is actually the email address used by the authors of the ransomware to communicate with the victims that is [Kew07@qq.com].Actin along with unique ID.
Actin Ransomware virus Distribution methods:
Like other ransomware threats, Actin Ransomware uses the tricky approaches to intrude inside the targeted system. Mainly spam email attachments laden with the payloads of the malware, updating programs from infected links and visiting malicious web pages and many such could drop the threat inside. And once user performs such actions, then the malware slips inside the computer system without being noticed.
After that, Actin malware edits registry entries, manages to access folders and directories to run the encipher program to lock the files like docs, images, videos, PDFs and other so to encrypt them.
After encrypting, the malware appends the file with [Kew07@qq.com].Actin extension, if user attempts to open the file then it shows encryption notice. That says “All your files have been encrypted” and if the user wants to restore their files then the user have to mail them on the provided address. After finishing the encryption process the Actin Ransomware creates an html file named as “info.hta“, that is stored on the desktop and folders, showing a pop-up message. It also leaves a ransom note to a text file named as “info.txt“.
The message states that all important files on the PC have been encrypted due to any security reason. And further asks user to contact them with the provided email Id along with the unique Id provided. The ransom is demanded in the form of Bitcoins and depends on how fast the victim responds. But mostly it ranges from $500 and $1500.
User may not be able to restore their files as the hacker store the decryption key on their remote server. And thus, users are left with no other option than paying the ransom to the authors of Actin ransomware to restore their files.
But users are advised not to pay the ransom, as the Actin ransomware may not provide any decryption key or unlock the files. It is just a trick to extort money from users. It would be more safe to try recovering your files from your backups or data recovery software and quickly go for the removal solution for Actin Ransomware.
How To Remove Actin Ransomware virus Without Paying Ransom
In this guide, you will find removal instruction of Actin Ransomware virus both manually and using anti-malware tool. At times, virus does not allow the installation or scanning of anti-virus program, so you need to switch to “safe mode with networking”. After that you can try recovery of your data if you have any backup or we have listed some methods which may help you to recover some of your data.
Use Ransomware Defender To Remove Actin Ransomware(Recommended)”
Ransomware Defender Overview
ShieldApps’ Ransomware Defender is a specially designed security program for Ransomware threats. This anti-ransomware program detects and permanently blocks any ransomware prior to its attack on the protected system.
Ransomware Defender maintains its threat database and its related information which makes the program proactively detect any sort of threat and notifies users upon detection. This anti-ransomware program works well along with your primary anti-malware applications and does not interfere with its work.
Ransomware Defender is compatible with Windows 7, 8, 8.1 and 10. And is suitable for both home and business network. It has various prominent features like real-time ransomware detection, scan protection, history cleaner, file transfer tools and automated scans that helps in better detection of ransomware threat and blacklist them from your system permanently. Additionally, this anti-ransomware solution also provides firewall security, internet protection, mobile security, and virtual private network configuration. The solution also offers 24/7 customer support via email.
If you generally do not keep backups of your important files and documents or use your computer or device for storing financial and business details, then it is very important to keep them secure. Here Ransomware Defender is proved as a comprehensive anti-ransomware solution.
Do not compromise with your computer’s security.
Ransomware Defender solution comes with a subscription of $49.95.
Ransomware Defender Features
- Ransomware Protection: This ransomware solution effectively detects, removes and blacklists any ransomware that attempts to attack your system. And always keep monitoring the system within background for any possible attacks.
- Smart Ransomware Detection: Due to its advanced technology of threat detection, you can rest assured of system protection. It will give real-time updates and report of any suspicious activity.
- Internet Security: Protects from any unethical web activity, malicious attempts to breach your internet security, blocks any malicious websites and infected online scripts through ransomware generally enter.
- Scheduled Scan/Clean Action: It provides a user-friendly and fully automated solution for schedule scans at your preferred timings, thus even if you forgot to manually scan your computer you are still protected.
- Secure File Eraser: It’s a very important feature provided by Ransomware defender that empowers you to fix any of your files/applications that you suspect as infected.
- 24/7 PROTECTION: Ransomware Defender provides 24/7 real-time protection due to its auto and schedules scan mechanism that guards your system all the time.
Installing Ransomware Defender
- Click on the link to Download Ransomware Defender.
- Choose the location to save the installation file and click on “save”.
- After the download is completed, double-click on the downloaded file to open.
- If prompted by User Account Control: click on “Yes” button.
- This will open an installation wizard. Click on “Install“. Now simply follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation procedure.
- After Ransomware Defender successfully installs, a new tab or window will open on your browser showing confirmation of the installation.
Run Scan To Detect Actin Ransomware threat on your computer
Follow the steps to properly scan and remove Actin ransomware threat from your computer:
- Start the scan: Once the installation is completed, the Ransomware defender application window will open. Here you have 3 options for scan: Quick, Deep, and Custom. We suggest doing Deep scanning for the first time for better detection of ransomware threats.
- Let the scanning process be completed: Scan will take a few minutes so be patient and let the scan be fully completed.
- Review the Scan Results and remove the threats: Review the scan results that will show all the threats and malware found during the scan process, you can manually choose to remove the threats one-by-one by clicking on the threat name and select “delete” or simply click on the “Clean All” button.
Manually Find And Remove Actin (Recommended Only For Advanced Users)
The manual steps guided below are the links separately made with caution, to avoid any confusion to our readers. Please follow the links below and perform them one by one. If you are going for the manual removal process, then we recommend you to print/download these instructions or open it from another uninfected computer or laptop and follow step-by-step manual removal instruction. Windows OS PDF Guide.
Method 1: Remove Actin Ransomware and its associated files from the computer through safe mode with command prompt.
- Reboot your computer to “Safe Mode with Command Prompt”
- End malicious process from “Task Manager“
- Deep Scan the infected computer to ensure complete removal (Recommended)
Method 2: Remove Actin Ransomware virus using System Restore Procedure
After that, the ransomware threat should go, but if it is still there, then you need to try another method which is the “System Restore”. Click here to perform System Restore in Windows OS.
How to Restore the Encrypted Files?
Click here to know How you can restore the encrypted file.