Tabe is a malicious program, that enciphers important data on the target system. Thus, it is categorized as a Ransomware threat, belonging to the Djvu ransomware family. Its main objective is to encrypt files on the target computer to demand ransom fee. If your computer is infected with this ransomware, then you may see your files replaced with .tabe extension.
Tabe Ransomware Description
|Ransomware, file-encrypting malware
|Tabe is a ransomware program that encrypts files, photos, videos and other important documents on the target system with unique key. If user wants to recover their files then have to pay the ransom.
|Opening spam email attachments, Visiting suspicious pages and clicking on malicious links, Browser Redirection to questionable sites or via other Trojans.
|Restrict access to most of the files on the system, Change in desktop wallpaper, ransom message.
|$490 to $980
|Email or contact
Download the Anti-ransomware tool– To quickly eliminate Tabe Ransomware from your computer.
Method Of Propagation
The malicious payloads of the virus is distributed via spam emails. The mails are subjected as any invoice, fax, job offers or from any higher officials of the company. Also, the situation of CONVID-19 crisis, it ,may also spread spam email related to any latest information about the pandemic to trick users opening the spam emails.
So, once the user opens the infected attachment, the macro-enabled document starts automatically running the macros. This downloads the infectious files on the system and further install it on the system.
Besides that, there are other sources too. For instance, downloading pirated software, security flaws within the software, fake updates and exploit kits. Any of these can be responsible for infecting your system with Tabe Ransomware.
The Encryption Process
When active on the system, it runs an encryption algorithm to lock the files with a unique key. The files includes all types of documents, photos, videos, apps on the system. The aim behind is to demand the ransom to be paid in order to buy the decryption key from the authors of the threat. After encryption, the files are replaced with “.encrypted” extension, the full pattern of the encryption is “originalfilename.tabe” extension.
For example, if a file named “home.jpg” would appear as “home.jpg.tabe“. Thus all the files will be replaced likewise which will be no more accessible. After the completing the encryption, it generates a ransom note containing the contact details of the authors along with unique ID for the victim.
The Ransom Note
After the encryption is completed, the ransomware creates a random note to inform users about the encryption and how they can recover their files. The note is named as “_readme.txt” which can be found in each of the folder where encryption occurred and within the desktop screen.
The Text within the Ransom Note is:
Don’t worry, you can return all your files!
All your files like photos, databases, documents and other important are encrypted with strongest encryption and unique key.
The only method of recovering files is to purchase decrypt tool and unique key for you.
This software will decrypt all your encrypted files.
What guarantees you have?
You can send one of your encrypted file from your PC and we decrypt it for free.
But we can decrypt only 1 file for free. File must not contain valuable information.
You can get and look video overview decrypt tool:
Price of private key and decrypt software is $980.
Discount 50% available if you contact us first 72 hours, that’s price for you is $490.
Please note that you’ll never restore your data without payment.
Check your e-mail “Spam” or “Junk” folder if you don’t get answer more than 6 hours.
To get this software you need write on our e-mail:
Your personal ID:
Here are few point concluded from the ransom note:
- The files on the target system including like photos, databases, documents and other important are encrypted with unique key.
- Thus, users need to buy the decyptor software in order to unlock the files.
- The authors asks users to send 1 file that they will decrypt for free, after which the users need to pay the ransom to free all the files.
- If users contact within 72 hours, then the will have to pay half of the original price.
- Users can contact the authors with email address email@example.com.
How To Remove Tabe Ransomware virus Without Paying Ransom
Method 1: Remove Tabe Ransomware Virus Using Safe Mode With Networking.
In this guide, you will find removal instruction of Tabe Ransomware virus both manually and using anti-malware tool. However manual removal of ransomware threats are nearly impossible, so it is better to run a scan with anti-ransomware/malware to remove the virus.
For Windows XP and 7:
- Click on the “Start menu“, then on click the arrow next to “Shut Down.” Select Restart. (Just as you normally Restart your PC).
- Once the computer screen is powered on, immediately start tapping “F8” key till you see “Advanced Boot Options” screen. if you don’t enter to the boot screen, then restart the process again and press F8 while the PC is restarting.
- Here, you need to choose “Safe Mode with Networking“ option and press “enter” key to troubleshooting windows. As later on, you need to access the internet.
- And you will now see the login screen. Now log in with your Administrator Account.
NOTE: To get back to your normal windows configuration, you need to repeat steps 1-3 and select Start Windows Normally.
- For Windows 10: Click Start –> Power and then hold the Shift key on your keyboard and click Restart.
- For Windows 8/8.1: Press the “Windows key + C“, and then click “Settings“. Click “Power“, hold down the Shift key on your keyboard and then click “Restart“.
- From here steps are same for Windows 10 and 8.
- Click Troubleshoot.
- Click Advanced options.
- Click Startup Settings.
- Click Restart.
- After your computer restarts, select Safe Mode with Networking.
- Enter your Administrative username and password to start Windows in Safe Mode with Networking.
NOTE: To get back to normal Windows configuration you need to Click Start –> Power and then click Restart.
Now Download the anti-malware program to detect and remove Tabe Ransomware.
Use HitmanPro.Alert To Remove Tabe Ransomware(Recommended)”
HitmanPro.Alert is an advanced anti-malware program along with anti-ransomware features. That helps detecting the encrypted files and presence of any ransomware threats. Running HitmanPro.Alert on your computer will provide your real-time status, checks the browser integrity and alerts or any suspicious activity. So that you can have a safe browsing and online transactions. Read the full review of HitmanPro.Alert here.
- Click on the provided link to download HitmanPro.Alert anti-malware;
- Now, open the download folder to locate “hmpalert3”;
- Click on it, to begin the installation;
- It will ask your User Account control, if prompted click on “yes”; The download should begin shortly. HitmanPro.Alert window will appear, where you need to choose the options:
- Choose Protection level as Maximum
- And tick the other boxes and finally click on “Install”.
- HitmanPro.Alert only takes 5MB of your memory and is very quick to install.
- After the installation is complete, the scan will start. First scan may take up some minutes, as it will scan the whole computer.
- The scan results are here. Carefully look down the list. You can here, the scan has found 1 Riskware and thousands of traces which can be risky.
- You can select the threat to delete, quarantine, ignore or, mark as safe. If you want to remove all the threats, then simply click on the “Next” button below.
- HitmanPro.Alert first creates a restore point and then starts the removal process. This helps to recover from any damage.
So, by performing the above steps, you can get rid of Tabe Ransomware.
Method 2: Remove Tabe Ransomware virus using System Restore Procedure
Another method is a manual way to get rid of Ransomware which is through System Restore. If you don’t know much about this process, then read here. Click here to perform System Restore in Windows OS.
Safe Mode with Command Prompt (Follow the above steps and choose Safe Mode with Command Prompt option from boot settings
To Reboot your computer to “Safe Mode with Command Prompt”
Windows 7 / Vista / XP
- Press the Power button at the Windows login screen. Now press and hold Shift, which is on your keyboard, and click Restart.
- Now select Troubleshoot –> Advanced options –> Startup Settings and finally press Restart.
- Once your computer becomes active, select “Enable Safe Mode with Command Prompt” in Startup Settings window.
Windows 10 / Windows 8
- Click Start –> Restart –> OK.
- When your computer becomes active, start pressing “F8″ multiple times until you see the Advanced Boot Options window.
- Select Command Prompt from the list
To Restore your system to default settings as it was prior to the attack of Tabe Ransomware
- Once the Command Prompt window appears, type “cd restore” and press Enter.
- Now again type “rstrui.exe” and hit Enter button;
- It will show up a new window, now click on “Next” and select your restore point that should be prior to the attack of Tabe threat or any other point you want. Click on “Next”.
- Now click on “Yes” to confirm the system restore.
Once the system restore to your selected date is done, then you need to restart your computer normally.
You should Download effective anti-virus program and scan your computer to ensure successful removal of any threat.
How to Restore the Encrypted Files by Tabe Ransomware?
Here is a separate article that guides users of various methods to recover their encrypted files. However, the ransomware makes sure the files may not be unlocked by other tools, but you should try them out.
Click here to know How you can restore the encrypted file.