If your browser’s default settings is changed to Initdex.com, then it is because of Adware intrusion on your computer. Here is the detailed guide about Adware causing Initdex.com redirects.
What is Initdex.com?
Initdex.com is found to be as a browser hijacker that is associated with initDex search service. This is nothing more than an Adware program that hooks up on the web browsers as extensions. If you have unknowingly installed initDex search extension, then it will change your default homepage, search engine and new tab settings to hxxps://initdex.com.
It can attack any of the web browsers like Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer and Microsoft Edge. You see the above settings affected by this program that leads to serious troubles while browsing.
How does Initdex.com Arrive to the browsers?
Most often, Adware like these intrude through freeware downloads or distributed through advertisements. Once the Adware is pushed to the targeted computer system, it starts modifying browser settings to appear itself as default homepage and search engine.
Browser hijackers are programs mainly designed to control the browser and its activities.
If you have recently downloaded any freeware from untrusted sources or randomly visited any ad-supported websites, then it can be the reason of Initdex.com redirects.
How Initdex.com affects the web browsers?
Once initDex browser hijacker is installed successfully on the browser, it changes the search provider to hxxps://initdex.com. Thus all your searches will carried out by this suspicious program. It may use the search service of Google or Yahoo to present the end results.
But initially, it sends the search queries to multiple websites to fetch related advertisements. And the original results are manipulated with the ad-driven links which may not be safe to click.
Initdex.com is meant to generate revenue by pushing sponsored ads and paid links within the search results. It also helps third-party websites to grow their traffic and gain more visits. But this perky search engine may trouble users a lot.
Here are the typical behavior of Initdex.com browser hijacker:
- It shows advertisements all over the web browser.
- Allow unknown programs to install on the computer.
- Negotiates the browsing resources by constantly redirecting to malicious pages.
- Collects browsing data without the consent of users and use them for marketing campaigns.
- Does various changes to the browser as well as computer without seeking permission.
Apart from above, Initdex.com browser hijacker may invite serious threats to the compromised PC and hamper its performance. Your browsing data can be shared and misused by unknown people. Thus, it is advertised to remove Initdex.com browser hijacker and its other associated program files from the infected system.
How to Remove Initdex.com Browser Hijacker?
Initdex.com browser hijacker can appear again and again even after resetting web browsers or removing extensions. Because such programs are controlled by other Adware that hides within the system by imitating a legitimate program. So, it may be a time taking and difficult task to manually trace the harmful program and its files from the infected computer.
This guide will help you to manually remove the Initdex.com from the windows OS as well as web browsers. Before going through the manual solution, you need to keep in mind that, it should be performed very cautiously. As if any step goes wrong or any file deleted wrongly then you may face serious troubles.
Thus, it is better to give a full scan to your computer to detect and remove all sort of Adware.
To Manually Remove Initdex.com browser hijacker, follow the below steps carefully:
The manual steps guided below are the links separately made with caution, to avoid any confusion to our readers. Please follow the links below and perform them one by one. If you are going for the manual removal process, then we recommend you to print/download these instructions or open it from another uninfected computer or laptop and follow step-by-step manual removal instruction. Windows OS PDF Guide.
Remove Initdex.com extension from the web browsers
- Click the Chrome menu appearing on the top right corner of the browser as three vertical dots;
- Select “Settings”;
- Click “Extensions,” (steps by slightly differ due to browser versions, to avoid any clash simply copy this URL “chrome://extensions/” and paste it within the search bar).
- Once the extension page appears, look for any suspicious extension that you may have choose to install.
- Click on the trash icon or “Remove” button.
- Start your Firefox browser and click on three horizontal lines on top right corner to open menu then select “Add-ons”. You can also press Ctrl+Shift+A on your keyboard or copy and paste “about:addons” to the address bar to open the ‘Add-Ons Manager’ page. This page will show you the list of all extensions/add-ons installed on your browser.
- Select Extensions, and check the installed extensions and if it stands out to be an Adware/PUP then
- Click on Remove button.
- You may be prompted to restart the browser then do it make the changes successful.
- On Internet Explorer browser click “Tools,” icon;
- Select “Manage add-ons.” Within the Manage add-ons window on show section choose “All add-ons”. This will list all the toolbars and extensions installed on the browser.
- Select the ones which are unusual and can be recognized as an Adware;
- Click “Disable.”
- Repeat the steps for all unwanted add-ons and extensions.
Reset web browsers
Scan your computer for complete removal of Initdex.com.
Note: The above manual steps may not guarantee the full removal, as the complete removal of any harmful program means more than that. They have the ability to modify the browser settings again and again, till its associated files and registries are not completely removed.
If you are not familiar with the above steps then, we recommend you to choose the automatic removal of Wise Search Adware.
Remove Initdex.com using HitmanPro.Alert.
HitmanPro.Alert is an advanced anti-malware program that takes on proactive approach towards threat behavior and its activities. Its cloud-based scanning technique is deeply scans the system to the possible locations where threats mostly resides. This is a real-time malware program that delivers protection from latest threat, crypto-malware, ransomware, exploits, spyware, risks related to online transactions.
HitmanPro.Alert is best-in-class that provides various advanced features like:
- Safe Browsing;
- Exploit Mitigation;
- Risk reduction:
- Key-loggers Protection and many such.
Running HitmanPro.Alert on your computer will provide your real-time status, checks the browser integrity and alerts or any suspicious activity. So that you can have a safe browsing and online transactions. Read the full review of HitmanPro.Alert here.
However, these steps may help you successfully remove Initdex.com browser hijacker, but should be cautious while you do any kind of online activity. Always pay attention to what you choose to download, as various freeware downloads come as software bundles.
These bundles may purposely drop other harmful programs on the computer. Better to opt for Advanced or custom installation procedure to avoid installation of unknown programs.
Hope you find this article helpful.