Everbe 2.0 ransomware is a file-encrypting malware program that has several variants out in recent times.
Everbe 2.0 is a crypto-malware that encrypts files on the target computer system and demands ransom for unlocking the files. It is the latest version of Everbe ransomware which was first attacked in March 2018 and uses “.everbe” extension to lock the files.
Like its other variants, Everbe 2.0 is also using strong encryption algorithms AES and RSA to encrypt data and lock them. But this time the extension used is “.NOT_OPEN”. Like if the original file named as “brightside.jpg” then after encryption it will become “brightside.jpg.NOT_OPEN”. This means your file is encrypted and no more accessible for any applications.
A ransom note named as “txt _HOW_RECOVERY_FILES” is dropped on the desktop and the folders where encryption is been done. This text file contains the ransom message and the contact email address of the hackers here is “email@example.com” or “firstname.lastname@example.org” via which victims can communicate. For now there is no any decryption possible for the file encrypted by Everbe 2.0 Ransomware.
Everbe 2.0 ransomware Ransom note reads as:
HELLO, DEAR FRIEND!
1. [ ALL YOUR FILES HAVE BEEN ENCRYPTED! ]
Your files are NOT damaged! Your files are modified only. This modification is reversible.
The only 1 way to decrypt your files is to receive the decryption program.
2. [ HOW TO RECOVERY FILES? ]
To receive the decryption program write to email: email@example.com
And in subject write your ID: ID-[redacted 10 hex]
We send you full instruction how to decrypt all your files.
If we do not respond within 24 hours, write to the email: firstname.lastname@example.org
3. [ FREE DECRYPTION! ]
Free decryption as guarantee.
We guarantee the receipt of the decryption program after payment.
To believe, you can give us up to 3 files that we decrypt for free.
Files should not be important to you! (databases, backups, large excel sheets, etc.)
Everbe 2.0 Distribution methods:
Ransomware are mostly spreading through spam mail attachments that may contains macros, malicious links or auto-activation codes. These mails appear to be very sophisticated as they may entitled as any invoice, job application, fax or so on.
Once the user open the links or download the attachment then the payloads of the virus gets downloaded to the computer system. And silently initiates it activities from background. Besides this, there are many other sources through which ransomware-laden malware program can attack your computer or device. To known more about them in details read What is Ransomware and how it works?
What to do when infected with Everbe 2.0 Ransomware?
Many security experts have analysed the samples of Everbe 2.0 ransomware and is detected by some renowned anti-malware programs like Ransomware Defender. Well some of the AV detections have found “NOT OPEN LOCKER” virus as a variant of Everbe ransomware. And various other detections carried on different infected systems were:
Everbe 2.0 ransomware is a severe threat as its decryption code is still not found by the experts. Despite that, security experts are recommending victims not to pay the ransom in lure get the decryption key. As there is no any guarantee that even after paying the ransom the hackers unlock the files. Doing so will lead to both money and data loss. Also paying the ransom only encourages such ransom authors to carry out more such conducts.
The better way to deal with Everbe 2.0 crypto-malware is to remove it using anti-malware tool and them attempt recovery of encrypted data. As till the infection is present on the system, it will not let you perform any recovery. And even it will keep on encrypting any new files or data inserted through USB drives. To avoid this, experts recommend not to use the infected system as it can lead to more damage.
How To Remove Everbe 2.0 Ransomware Without Paying Ransom
In this guide, you will find removal instruction of Everbe 2.0 Ransomware both manually and using anti-malware tool. At times, virus does not allow the installation or scanning of anti-virus program, so you need to switch to “safe mode with networking”. After that you can try recovery of your data if you have any backup or we have listed some methods which may help you to recover some of your data.
Ransomware attacks can be haunting for any user as the system contains our valuable data which we cannot afford to lose. The best tip any security expert will give you is to keep backup of your important documents to fight against such threats. Don’t forget to read the preventive guidelines at the end of the article which will help you stay safe from such attacks in future.
Note! If your Mac OS is infected with Everbe 2.0 then please visit this link for Mac OS Virus Removal Guide.
“Windows OS: Use Ransomware Defender To Remove Everbe 2.0 (Recommended)”
Ransomware Defender Overview
ShieldApps’ Ransomware Defender is a specially designed security program for Ransomware threats. This anti-ransomware program detects and permanently blocks any ransomware prior to its attack on the protected system.
Ransomware Defender maintains its threat database and its related information which makes the program proactively detect any sort of threat and notifies users upon detection. This anti-ransomware program works well along with your primary anti-malware applications and does not interfere with its work.
Ransomware Defender is compatible with Windows 7, 8, 8.1 and 10. And is suitable for both home and business network. It has various prominent features like real-time ransomware detection, scan protection, history cleaner, file transfer tools and automated scans that helps in better detection of ransomware threat and blacklist them from your system permanently. Additionally, this anti-ransomware solution also provides firewall security, internet protection, mobile security, and virtual private network configuration. The solution also offers 24/7 customer support via email.
If you generally do not keep backups of your important files and documents or use your computer or device for storing financial and business details, then it is very important to keep them secure. Here Ransomware Defender is proved as a comprehensive anti-ransomware solution.
Do not compromise with your computer’s security.
Ransomware Defender solution comes with a subscription of $49.95.
Ransomware Defender Features
- Ransomware Protection: This ransomware solution effectively detects, removes and blacklists any ransomware that attempts to attack your system. And always keep monitoring the system within background for any possible attacks.
- Smart Ransomware Detection: Due to its advanced technology of threat detection, you can rest assured of system protection. It will give real-time updates and report of any suspicious activity.
- Internet Security: Protects from any unethical web activity, malicious attempts to breach your internet security, blocks any malicious websites and infected online scripts through ransomware generally enter.
- Scheduled Scan/Clean Action: It provides a user-friendly and fully automated solution for schedule scans at your preferred timings, thus even if you forgot to manually scan your computer you are still protected.
- Secure File Eraser: It’s a very important feature provided by Ransomware defender that empowers you to fix any of your files/applications that you suspect as infected.
- 24/7 PROTECTION: Ransomware Defender provides 24/7 real-time protection due to its auto and schedules scan mechanism that guards your system all the time.
Installing Ransomware Defender
Follow these steps to download and install Ransomware Defender on your computer.
- Click on the link to Download Ransomware Defender.
- Choose the location to save the installation file and click on “save”.
- After the download is completed, double-click on the downloaded file to open.
- If prompted by User Account Control: click on “Yes” button.
- This will open an installation wizard. Click on “Install“. Now simply follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation procedure.
- After Ransomware Defender successfully installs, a new tab or window will open on your browser showing confirmation of the installation.
Run Scan To Detect Ransomware threat on your computer
Follow the steps to properly scan and remove ransomware threat from your computer:
- Start the scan: Once the installation is completed, the Ransomware defender application window will open. Here you have 3 options for scan: Quick, Deep, and Custom. We suggest doing Deep scanning for the first time for better detection of ransomware threats.
- Let the scanning process be completed: Scan will take a few minutes so be patient and let the scan be fully completed.
- Review the Scan Results and remove the threats: Review the scan results that will show all the threats and malware found during the scan process, you can manually choose to remove the threats one-by-one by clicking on the threat name and select “delete” or simply click on the “Clean All” button.
Windows OS: Manually Find And Remove Everbe 2.0 (Recommended Only For Advanced Users)
The manual steps guided below are the links separately made with caution, to avoid any confusion to our readers. Please follow the links below and perform them one by one. If you are going for the manual removal process, then we recommend you to print/download these instructions or open it from another uninfected computer or laptop and follow step-by-step manual removal instruction. Windows OS PDF Guide.
Method 1: Remove Ransomware and its associated files from the computer through safe mode with command prompt.
- Reboot your computer to “Safe Mode with Command Prompt”
- End malicious process from “Task Manager”
- Deleting “Registry Entries” created by the Ransomware threat
- Deep Scan the infected computer to ensure complete removal (Recommended)
Method 2: Remove Ransomware virus using System Restore Procedure
After that, the ransomware threat should go, but if it is still there, then you need to try another method which is the “System Restore”. Click here to perform System Restore in Windows OS.
How to Restore the Encrypted Files?
Click here to know How you can restore the encrypted file.