What is Directionsonline? How it got installed on my browser? How to get restore my previous browsing settings?
Directionsonline is a toolbar that mounts on the popular web browser without being requested. It is developed by Mindspark Interactive, which is an infamous developer of various such ad-supported extensions. Directionsonline alters the entire appearance of your homepage by added unknown toolbars, quick links and its own search engine hxxp://int.search.myway.com or hxxp://hp.myway.com.
This is detected as an non-secure homepage which means information entered on this site may not be safe. Soon after that, Directionsonline beings to control your browser and shows misleading search results, paid ads, links and so on.
Directionsonline have the browser redirect capabilities due to which you find yourself being redirected to questionable pages at time while surfing. The pages might further load various kinds of advertisements that may be risky to click. As now days cyber-criminals injects malicious code within the ads, this is used as a clever medium to drop payloads of serious malware threats like ransomware or crypto-malware.
Fake toolbars like Ad Guardian, Get Coupons For Free, MyBestPrice and Gardening Enthusiast generally take on shady marketing strategies to distribute. Thus you often unknowingly install them along with freeware download method known as “software bundling”. This means that the free tools which we happily install from third-party sites contain additional program which gets installed along with. They do so, to promote third-party products and services to earn commission.
You may also get Directionsonline toolbar by clicking on its promotional ads hoping it to be useful web extension. But its outcome is very troublesome. Being an Adware, it aims to redirect users to multiple sites to generate traffic and earn pay-per-click profit. Thus it is obvious that you are sharing your browsing habits, keywords and other surfing details to its authors.
Directionsonline is not easy to removed manually as it is a potentially unwanted program and installs various files and changes browser settings automatically. Here is the complete removal solution to remove Directionsonline adware from your infected web browsers and system too.
Why You Should Remove Directionsonline Adware
From the above analysis on Directionsonline clearly depicts that it is a risky stuff whose presence for long on the system not only annoys you but also put your privacy at risk. Adware like Directionsonline can be very annoying and its presence can haunt any computer user. As it does too many annoying activities on your PC without any permission. And the most irritating thing about Adware is that makes the removal process tricky as they are not always visible to you. So, if you are also dealing with the same issues because of this nasty program, then you should take on proper removal steps to get rid of this as soon as possible.
Fortunately, the security experts keep investigating about the latest threats and find ways to manually remove such potentially unwanted program or adware. But the manual removal can be tricky and involves an understanding of system’s crucial settings like registries, background processes and the difference between system file and malicious files. You have to be patience and follow each and every step carefully.
Caution: At any case, you get stuck or get confused then security experts advise not to play with essential system settings and go for automatic removal solution.
But the best advice any security expert will give you is to deal with them through a reputed and powerful anti-virus/anti-malware program. If your computer is not protected by any active security program, then it may get attacked by any potentially unwanted program(PUP). These PUPs are just the beginning of the annoying and weird circumstances going to occur on your PC. It is a thing of worry for any computer user as it contains our valuable data, browsing preferences and sensitive details and so on.
Thus, it is very important to make sure that your computer or device is protected by a powerful and real-time security program.
In this guide, we have put few recommendations of anti-malware tools and also summed up manual removal solution to clean the computer from any sort of Adware. If you are not sure of the associated files and registries created by Directionsonline, then you should first try out scanning your computer with anti-malware. This may help you instantly get rid of the virus.
Note! If your Mac OS is infected with Directionsonline then please visit this link for Mac OS Virus Removal Guide.
“Windows OS: Use Anti-Malware To Scan And Remove Directionsonline (Recommended)”
SpyHunter is a giant among the security programs that use advanced threat detection technology to remove any sort of Adware/PUPs, Browser hijacker, Trojans, Rootkits, Fake system optimization tools, worms, and rootkits.
It not only remove threats but provides rigorous 24/7 protection from any unsolicited programs, vulnerability or rootkits attacks.
Why we are recommending SpyHunter is because of its efficiency, lightweight that only takes up 12% of the CPU space and simpler user-interface that is designed for both beginners and advanced users. Besides that, it has features which require less-user monitoring, custom scan options, system guard and 24*7 help desk support. Keeping SpyHunter actively running on your computer adds an extra security layer that protects your computer system from being attacked.
Spyhunter certified by “West Coast Labs’ Checkmark Certification System” gives you a complete money-back guarantee, if you are not satisfied with its results. Because they are sure you will going to have it on your system. So, it’s a win-win situation for you try out SpyHunter free version and if you are fully satisfied to get registered for full protection against all malicious odds that hampers your security.
Instructions To Download And Install SpyHunter 5
- Once the file “SpyHunter-Installer.exe” is downloaded, double-click on the file to open (you can see it in your browser’s bottom-left corner);
- Click “Yes” to the “User Account Control” dialog box;
- Now, choose your preferred language and then click on “OK” for the next installation step;
- Now, click on “Continue” button to proceed with the To proceed to the installation;
- Now installation will begin, please be patience as it may take few minutes;
- Click on the “Finish” button to successfully install the program.
Note: It may ask you to enter your information- there you can add your details or go with the default information to start the program.
Steps To Perform System Scan with SpyHunter
- Once the program is installed successfully, the SpyHunter 5 Anti-malware program will launch automatically. If it does not then locate the SpyHunter icon on the desktop or click on “Start” ? “Programs” ? Select “SpyHunter”.
- Now, To start the scan click on the “Home” tab and select “Start Scan Now” button. The program will now start scanning for Directionsonline and other associated programs.
- The scan will report will all the details of the result about Directionsonline along with system errors, vulnerabilities and malware found.
- Once you have found Directionsonline as shown in the screenshot below:
- To select an object for removal, just select the checkbox at the left of the object and click on “Next“. You can select or deselect any objects displayed in the “Malware,” “PUPs” or “Privacy” tabs. We have included a convenient “Select All” feature that will allow you to select or deselect all objects displayed in a specific tab. To utilize this feature, simply select the checkbox at the left in the specific tab (9).
- Once you have selected which objects you would like to remove, click the “Next” button.
If you want to know more about it, you are welcomed to check out the full review of SpyHunter 5.
“Windows OS: Manually Find And Remove Directionsonline ( Only Recommended For Advanced Users)”
The manual steps guided below are the links separately made with caution, to avoid any confusion to our readers. Please follow the links below and perform them one by one. If you are going for the manual removal process, then we also recommend you to print/download these instructions or open it from another uninfected computer or laptop and follow step-by-step manual removal instruction. Windows OS PDF Guide.
- Step 1: Boot your Computer to “Safe Mode With Networking“
- Step 2: Remove Directionsonline and Other Adware from Browsers
- Step 3: Removing Directionsonline from Operating System
- Step 4: Cleaning temporary files of Directionsonline and removing unwanted programs left within task manager
- Step 5: Running Full System Scan(Recommended) To Completely Remove Directionsonline
You should not skip the full system scan step. As even if you don’t perform the manual steps for removing the Adware, running system scan will automatically detect and remove the threat. Security experts always recommend to do deep system scanning if you are not a technically sound person. All the steps mentioned above needs a good knowledge of system utilities, so if anything goes wrong it will hamper your device.