How To Perform System Restore In Windows OS
This guide explains you to safely restore your windows OS, if it is attacked any tough virus. However, you can use this system restore process in any case you are troubles with your computer.
Why you should use System Restore Utility
Windows System Restore is a default utility to help users manually get back to the previous version of the system.
System Restore can help you in many ways:
- If your data is somehow deleted, so if you have restore points created then you can recover them by restoring at the specific date and time.
- Computer attacked by any virus, then you can simply unable to remove it, then this system restore feature can be useful.
- If your computer is troubling you after installing any program, do the system restore to get back to the previous state.
Apart from these, system restore can bring back your computer is smooth functioning. So, here is the quick way to perform system restore using Safe mode with command prompt as this is a safest way to do it.
Safe Mode with Command Prompt
To Reboot your computer to “Safe Mode with Command Prompt”
Windows 7 / Vista / XP
- Press the Power button at the Windows login screen. Now press and hold Shift, which is on your keyboard, and click Restart.
- Now select Troubleshoot –> Advanced options –> Startup Settings and finally press Restart.
- Once your computer becomes active, select “Enable Safe Mode with Command Prompt” in Startup Settings window.
Windows 10 / Windows 8
- Click Start –> Restart –> OK.
- When your computer becomes active, start pressing “F8″ multiple times until you see the Advanced Boot Options window.
- Select Command Prompt from the list
To Restore your system to default settings as it was prior to the Trojan attack
- Once the Command Prompt window appears, type “cd restore” and press Enter.
- Now again type “rstrui.exe” and hit Enter button;
- It will show up a new window, now click on “Next” and select your restore point that should be prior to the attack of Trojan threat or any other point you want. Click on “Next”.
- Now click on “Yes” to confirm the system restore.
Once the system restore to your selected date is done, then you need to restart your computer normally. You should
Download effective anti-virus program and scan your computer to ensure successful removal of any threat.