Delete Temp Data and Prefetch
The Temp folder of the Windows OS is used to store the temporary files that are created when any application is in use. Later these files just consume the memory of the device. Also nowadays some malware install their files within this folder to hide themselves. It also help them to recover if the threat and its files are removed.
The quick way to Delete Temporary Files in any version of Windows is by using the Run command:
- Press “Windows key + R” to open the Run box;(windows key is the windows icon on your keyboard)
- Type “%temp%” to open the temp folder in windows.
- Select all files and folders by pressing “CTRL + A” from your keyword or if you are using a mouse then choose “Select All” from the top menu;
- Press “Delete” key from your keyboard or select “Delete” from the top menu on the window.
- While the deleting process is going on you may be prompted as “This file is being used and cannot be deleted”, then click on “Skip”.
- All files been deleted, empty your Recycle Bin;
- Right click on the Recycle Bin icon on your desktop and choose “Empty Recycle Bin”.
- Confirm the process by selecting “Yes”.