Hao123.com may interfere with your browsing and lead to serious issues. If you are still not able be remove this program. Then you must read this article. What it is? How it gets installed and how to completely remove it?
What is Hao123.com?
Hao123.com is an annoying homepage that open up on the new tab of your browser. This website is considered as a browser hijacker that controls the browsing activities of users. Browser hijackers are programs designed by cyber criminals to take over the web browsers and do intrusive activities.
Hao123.com may change the default settings such as homepage, search engine and new tab functionality. It can affect all the installed web browsers like Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer and MS Edge. This seems to be a too interfering program that will never let you surf freely. You may even notice lots of unwanted toolbars, bookmarks and extensions added to the browser.
This browser hijacker is able modify system settings, create registry entries, Windows service and manages launch automatically along with computer start up. Thus, it may give a hard time while removing by accomplishing the above changes.
This guide will help you to completely get rid of Hao123.com.
How Do Browser hijackers Attacks?
Hao123.com may intrude on your computer through various social engineering attacks.
Most of the time, it installs via third-party software bundles. Various freeware distributors use the bundling technique to integrate files for unwanted programs. They silently install without seeking administrative permission.
Secondly, Hao123.com can install on your computer as a fake browser extension or add-on. They might appear as legitimate web service that can enhance your surfing. But is actually meant to control your browser and carry out annoying tasks.
Last, but not the least, browser hijackers and other PUPs can easily attack through clicking on fake URLs while surfing. So be careful to all the above online activities.
How Hao123.com affects the web browsers?
Hao123.com is set as the main page of your affected web browser.
Every time, you launch your browser, you will this web page loading lots of advertisements links, suspiciously-looking contents and unfamiliar search service. This browser hijacker is not new and in fact it is also offered by Baidu as online listing portals since years.
Once Hao123 program enters to your computer, it creates new start up codes, modifies registry and schedules the auto-launch of its program. It then attacks the installed browsers, may target the default browser at first and change the search settings. Thus, you are forced to use its search service for your browsing purposes.
But, while you do so, Hao123.com filters your searched keywords and send it out to multiple sites. They filter those information and use them to serve advertisements on the browser.
Thus, you may see your search results loaded with plenty of advertisement links. But be careful before you click them, as they are meant to redirect you to annoying websites. Like other browser hijacker programs, it is also meant to generate traffic for sponsored sites by redirecting users.
The presence of Hao123.com browser hijacker means that your whatever information you are putting to this page is not safe. Thus, it is better to think of effective removal solution for Hao123.com.
How to Remove Hao123.com Browser Hijacker?
Hao123.com browser hijacker is tough to be removed quickly. Removing extensions or uninstalling program or even resetting web browser may not give the permanent solution to it. Because this hijacker changes the internal settings of the system, that makes the manual removal all go in vain. Also, it may be a time taking and difficult task to manually trace the harmful program and its files from the infected computer.
This guide will help you to manually remove the Hao123.com from the windows OS as well as web browsers. Before going through the manual solution, you need to keep in mind that, it should be performed very cautiously. As if any step goes wrong or any file deleted wrongly then you may face serious troubles.
Thus, it is better to give a full scan to your computer to detect and remove all sort of harmful program.
To Remove Hao123.com browser hijacker, follow the below steps carefully:
The manual steps guided below are the links separately made with caution, to avoid any confusion to our readers. Please follow the links below and perform them one by one. If you are going for the manual removal process, then we recommend you to print/download these instructions or open it from another uninfected computer or laptop and follow step-by-step manual removal instruction. Windows OS PDF Guide.
Remove Hao123.com extension from the web browsers
- Click the Chrome menu appearing on the top right corner of the browser as three vertical dots;
- Select “Settings”;
- Click “Extensions,” (steps by slightly differ due to browser versions, to avoid any clash simply copy this URL “chrome://extensions/” and paste it within the search bar).
- Once the extension page appears, look for any suspicious extension that you may have choose to install.
- Click on the trash icon or “Remove” button.
- Start your Firefox browser and click on three horizontal lines on top right corner to open menu then select “Add-ons”. You can also press Ctrl+Shift+A on your keyboard or copy and paste “about:addons” to the address bar to open the ‘Add-Ons Manager’ page. This page will show you the list of all extensions/add-ons installed on your browser.
- Select Extensions, and check the installed extensions and if it stands out to be an Adware/PUP then
- Click on Remove button.
- You may be prompted to restart the browser then do it make the changes successful.
- On Internet Explorer browser click “Tools,” icon;
- Select “Manage add-ons.” Within the Manage add-ons window on show section choose “All add-ons”. This will list all the toolbars and extensions installed on the browser.
- Select the ones which are unusual and can be recognized as an Adware;
- Click “Disable.”
- Repeat the steps for all unwanted add-ons and extensions.
Reset web browsers
Scan your computer for complete removal of Hao123.com.
Note: The above manual steps may not guarantee the full removal, as the complete removal of any harmful program means more than that. They have the ability to modify the browser settings again and again, till its associated files and registries are not completely removed.
If you are not familiar with the above steps then, we recommend you to choose the automatic removal of Wise Search Adware.
Remove Hao123.com using HitmanPro.Alert.
HitmanPro.Alert is an advanced anti-malware program that takes on proactive approach towards threat behavior and its activities. Its cloud-based scanning technique is deeply scans the system to the possible locations where threats mostly resides. This is a real-time malware program that delivers protection from latest threat, crypto-malware, ransomware, exploits, spyware, risks related to online transactions.
HitmanPro.Alert is best-in-class that provides various advanced features like:
- Safe Browsing;
- Exploit Mitigation;
- Risk reduction:
- Key-loggers Protection and many such.
Running HitmanPro.Alert on your computer will provide your real-time status, checks the browser integrity and alerts or any suspicious activity. So that you can have a safe browsing and online transactions. Read the full review of HitmanPro.Alert here.
Steps To Install And Run HitmanPro.Alert
- Click on the provided link to download HitmanPro.Alert anti-malware;
- Now, open the download folder or where your program is downloaded to locate “hmpalert3”;
- Click on it, to begin the installation;
- It will ask your User Account control, if prompted click on “yes”;
- The download should begin shortly. HitmanPro.Alert window will appear, where you need to choose the options:
Choose Protection level as Maximum
And tick the other boxes and finally click on “Install”.
HitmanPro.Alert only takes 5MB of your memory and is very quick to install.
- After the installation is complete, the scan will start. First scan may take up some minutes, as it will scan the whole computer.
- The scan results are displayed. Carefully look down the list. You can here, the scan has found 1 Riskware and thousands of traces which can be risky.
- You can select the threat to delete, quranantize, ignore or, mark as safe. If you want to remove all the threats, then simply click on the “Next” button below.
- HitmanPro.Alert first creates a restore point and then starts the removal process. This helps to recover from any damage.
So, now you are done, with the removal process with HitmanPro.Alert.
However, these steps may help you successfully remove Hao123.com browser hijacker, but should be cautious while you do any kind of online activity. Always pay attention to what you choose to download, as various freeware downloads come as software bundles.
These bundles may purposely drop other harmful programs on the computer. Better to opt for Advanced or custom installation procedure to avoid installation of unknown programs.
Hope you find this article helpful.