Beware of “Windows Security has been Compromised” pop-up alert..
“Windows Security has been Compromised” is a tricky warning message that can occur unexpectedly while browsing. The message warns the users the system attacked by the threat that can cause huge loss. So the users have been blocked from browsing and is recommended to call on the provided number for immediate Technical assistance.
Users generally get scared and may agree to call the number +1-888-398-0888 in lure to troubleshoot their issues. But users must know that “Windows Security has been Compromised” pop-up alert is absolutely fake. And it does not belong to either Windows or Microsoft. These legitimate names are just used to make users believe on the warnings and scam users. Calling on the above number will put you in huge loss.
How “Windows Security has been Compromised” spread:
Usually a carefree browsing lead to such intrusions, especially when you landing on unknown website from any redirected link. Such links may contain hidden malicious scripts which later cause “Windows Security has been Compromised” web page opening again and again on the browser.
Other way is downloading any unknown web extension or add-ons program that are actually associated with Adware and they randomly open up unknown websites and ultimately, you encounter “Windows Security has been Compromised” web page screen-locking tech support scam.
Freeware downloads which bundle additional unknown program are also the cause of tech scam viruses attempts.
More details about “Windows Security has been Compromised” scam
Once you land on “Windows Security has been Compromised”, it will appear again and again on every time you attempt to open a new page. It shows a full page warning that appears to be from Windows Technical support team and shows the warning as:
“Windows Security has been Compromised
Your Windows Security has been Compromised and Microsoft has detected an unsolvable threat and this threat can result a great loss to your computer and it has been violated the terms of Microsoft. We (microsoft) will not be the responsible for any kinds of security threats.
Your PC has been Blocked, so you cannot access your PC right now and it is very much bad for you. We have covered you with 2 options”
The complete pop-up appears as:
From the above warnings, it indicates that your system is infected with unknown threats that may be any Adware/Malware/spyware. These can put you in huge loss and thus Microsoft is blocking you from using the infected browser till the issue is resolved.
The warnings further gives user two options to resolve the issue. You need to reinstall your windows or buy a new license from the allegedly Microsoft certified Technicians. Users are also recommended to call the provided tech support number +1-888-398-0888
for further assistance. You should never believe on such warnings as they does not belong to Microsoft or Windows. They never call or bother users with such scary pop-ups. Its just a cyber crime.
Why you should remove “Windows Security has been Compromised” virus
The Tech Support pop-ups and web sites are managed by group of cyber criminals that cheat users into installing their fake tools, cheat money and even allow remotely access your computer system and collect all data. These pop-ups will continue to bother you with constantly locking your browsing screen. However, as said earlier, this is just a scam that is trick to fool users and earn money. Never call or click any provided link on this page.
Its presence can also raise other serious issues like browser crash down, drop other suspicious program that will show unexpected pop-ups, browser hijacking and performance slowdown. In this article we have provided the complete removal instructions for this scary threat. For quick removal click on the “Download Now” button and get rid of “Windows Security has been Compromised”.
Note! If your Mac OS is infected with “Windows Security has been Compromised” then please visit this link for Mac OS Virus Removal Guide.
“Windows OS: Use Anti-Malware To Scan And Remove “Windows Security has been Compromised” (Recommended)”
SpyHunter is a giant among the security programs that use advanced threat detection technology to remove any sort of Adware/PUPs, Browser hijacker, Trojans, Rootkits, Fake system optimization tools, worms, and rootkits.
It not only remove threats but provides rigorous 24/7 protection from any unsolicited programs, vulnerability or rootkits attacks.
Why we are recommending SpyHunter is because of its efficiency, lightweight that only takes up 12% of the CPU space and simpler user-interface that is designed for both beginners and advanced users. Besides that, it has features which require less-user monitoring, custom scan options, system guard and 24*7 help desk support. Keeping SpyHunter actively running on your computer adds an extra security layer that protects your computer system from being attacked.
Spyhunter certified by “West Coast Labs’ Checkmark Certification System” gives you a complete money-back guarantee, if you are not satisfied with its results. Because they are sure you will going to have it on your system. So, it’s a win-win situation for you try out SpyHunter free version and if you are fully satisfied to get registered for full protection against all malicious odds that hampers your security.
Instructions To Download And Install SpyHunter 5
- Once the file “SpyHunter-Installer.exe” is downloaded, double-click on the file to open (you can see it in your browser’s bottom-left corner);
- Click “Yes” to the “User Account Control” dialog box;
- Now, choose your preferred language and then click on “OK” for the next installation step;
- Now, click on “Continue” button to proceed with the To proceed to the installation;
- Now installation will begin, please be patience as it may take few minutes;
- Click on the “Finish” button to successfully install the program.
Note: It may ask you to enter your information- there you can add your details or go with the default information to start the program.
Steps To Perform System Scan with SpyHunter
- Once the program is installed successfully, the SpyHunter 5 Anti-malware program will launch automatically. If it does not then locate the SpyHunter icon on the desktop or click on “Start” ? “Programs” ? Select “SpyHunter”.
- Now, To start the scan click on the “Home” tab and select “Start Scan Now” button. The program will now start scanning for threats, malware, unwanted programs, rootkits, and system vulnerabilities.
- The scan will report will all the details of the result along with system errors, vulnerabilities and malware found.
- SpyHunter 5 groups your scan results into categories determined by the type of objects detected: “Malware“, “PUPs” (Potentially Unwanted Programs), “Privacy“, “Vulnerabilities“, and “Whitelisted objects“, as shown in the screenshot below:
- To select an object for removal, just select the checkbox at the left of the object. You can select or deselect any objects displayed in the “Malware,” “PUPs” or “Privacy” tabs. We have included a convenient “Select All” feature that will allow you to select or deselect all objects displayed in a specific tab. To utilize this feature, simply select the checkbox at the left in the specific tab (9)
- Once you have selected which objects you would like to remove, click the “Next” button.
Note: Any objects that you choose to remove will be securely stored in SpyHunter’s “Quarantine.” If at any time, you would like to restore a previously removed object(s), you can do so through SpyHunter’s “Restore” feature. To locate the object, go to the “Malware/PC Scan” tab and then click the “Quarantine” tab. From the “Quarantine” tab, you may restore an object by selecting the checkbox at the left of the object and clicking the “Restore” button.
If you want to know more about it, you are welcomed to check out the full review of SpyHunter 5.
“Windows OS: Manually Find And Remove “Windows Security has been Compromised” ( Only Recommended For Advanced Users)”
The manual steps guided below are the links separately made with caution, to avoid any confusion to our readers. Please follow the links below and perform them one by one. If you are going for the manual removal process, then we recommend you to print/download these instructions or open it from another uninfected computer or laptop and follow step-by-step manual removal instruction. Windows OS PDF Guide.
- Step 1: Boot your Computer to “Safe Mode With Networking“
- Step 2: Remove Suspicious Programs from Browsers
- Step 3: Removing “Windows Security has been Compromised” Popup virus from Operating System
- Step 4: Cleaning temporary files and removing unwanted programs left within task manager
- Step 5: Restrict Browser To Open The Tech Scam Page.
- Step 6: Running Full System Scan
You should not skip the full system scan step. As even if you don’t perform the manual steps for removing the Adware, running system scan will automatically detect and remove the threat. Security experts always recommend to do deep system scanning if you are not a technically sound person. All the steps mentioned above needs a good knowledge of system utilities, so if anything goes wrong it will hamper your device.