5 Security Tools to Help Protect Yourself From Ransomware
Ransomware have now become a global cyber-threat. The hackers and cyber criminals have managed to infect millions of users and there is no stopping for them till now. Not only individual’s the ransomware threats like wanna Cry and GandCrab have been managed to attack big organizations, Hospitals, educational institutes, government agencies and Businesses and so on.
The ransomware encrypts the important files on the target computer that means the user can no longer access them. They use strong encryption algorithm to lock the files that can only be restored using a decryption key. Read in depth about Ransomware. Thus, victims are forced to pay the ransom in order to purchase the decryption tool. Millions of users have been victimized and faced huge loss and next target can be you.
So, why not be preventive to stay ready to fight against such devastating ransomware threats.
As they are pity much sure about their motive. But are we enough cautious about our security? The technology and digital innovation has given us much power to be synced and access millions of resources with our fingertips. But this is also a gain for bad actors that constantly in search to breach our security and break-in. But yes, we can still protect our valuable data from being targeted.
There are lots of security measures that can help us stay preventing, but they are still not enough to fight against ransomware like threats.
Here we are listing 5 Security Tools to Help Protect Yourself From Ransomware.
The most effective way to stay secured against Ransomware threat is to start backing up your data, that can help easily recover from the loss. As such millions of users are forced to pay the ransom, to restore their files, however there is no guarantee that the cyber-criminals will provide you the right key even after paying the ransom.
Thus, it is better to invest a little in a data backup software, so that you can rest assured you are protected against Ransomware.
When we think about data backup, we choose the Drive, Dropbox, One-Drive. But these are data-syncing services that you can access with your account. But it is still not safe from ransomware attacks. What if your account is hacked or someone stole your password. But a powerful cloud backup solution won’t let that happen. It not only keeps the backup of the data but it creates a secured and non-tempered server that are far from your device. A good backup solution also provides data encryption that locks your files with strong ciphers. You can access your files in a secure environment and also share within an encrypted channel.
We recommend- EaseUS Todo Backup is a leading cloud solution. It protects your system and data from ransomware and makes file recovery easy in case of ransomware attack.
- Uses automatic and custom backup options. You can either select specific files, folders, directories and even create a clone of entire Drive.
- It compresses file images to save space, and encrypt the files to prevent it from Ransomware/malware attacks.
- Uses smart backup, which keeps on checking for any updates every half an hour. And does a full-backup of every 7 day.
- For instant backup of any file, just select files/folders–> right-click in Window Explorer and add to Smart Backup .
- Allows access of data anytime, anywhere.
Its a worth trying product, when it comes to protecting the privacy.
Strong passwords helps you protect your online accounts from hackers. Generally we use our nicknames, birth-date, pet name and random numeral like 12345 which is the most used passwords. This habit should be changed and we need to be more serious about our online privacy. Threats like ransomware generally attacks through loopholes while browsing. Thus, a password manager will help you create strong passwords for all your accounts, a secure digital wallet to keep your passwords secure and never forget them. It will make your online transactions, credit card passwords and bank account data more secure. So, if you are afraid of keeping a strong password because you may forget it, then leave this job to password manager tools.
Password Managers like Dashlane
Dashlane is critically-acclaimed by top press like The New York Times, Business Insider, The Wall Street Journal, USA Today, & many more. Simply download the Dashlane app on your desktop, mobile, MAC or IPhones and create a one-time secure account. It is easy-to-use tool to protect your passwords and privacy.
- Supports all OS platforms Windows, Mac, Android, IPhone and iOS.
- Manage passwords with secure wallet.
- Set auto-login feature for frequently visited website without saving on the browser.
- Easy change password option.
- Saves credit card details and receipts within the digital wallet to make online purchases easy and secure.
Anti-virus or anti-malware programs may not be designed to deal with ransomware threats. As they use different methodology to attack and host within the target system. Thus, it is very important for now-a-days to have an effective anti-ransomware program active on the system. There are some good anti-ransomware tools like HitmanPro.Alert, ESET, Ransomware defender and Avira Internet Security for Windows.
Ransomware Defender is designed to detect and block any ransomware threat prior to its attack. It updates its database regularly that helps to blacklist any form of ransomware threat and its module if it suspects on the system. It’s a must-have tool if you want to protect your data from ransomware threats.
Features of Ransomware defender
- Deals with known ransomware and traces the behavior of any unknown ransomware threat.
- Blacklist or stops the threat from attacking the system.
- Uses pro-active protection algorithm that stands against the threat 24/7.
- User-friendly interface, automatic scan, secured file-eraser, lifetime support and custom notification system.
- Ransomware Defender is a fully automated tool that takes care of threat. It’s a simple 3-step proactive mechanism Scan > Detect > Lock Down that works best to prevent any odds to enter on your system.
- Works with the primary anti-virus or anti-malware program.
Data Recovery Tools:
Ransomware threats locks down the files that forces the users to pay the ransom for the file recovery. But you should not be willing to pay to any cyber criminals. Here, data recovery tools can be some help. Not all ransomware encrypted files can be recovered as they uses private key encryption. But sometimes, if the encryption is not so strong then the data recovery tools can help you get the files, data, media files be restored with these.
While you can search for online decryptor tools to check if the decryption of available. These are mostly free service provided by the experts after analyzing and cracking the encryption.
So, should check it out:
Besides that, there are various powerful data recovery tools that can help recover files, if damaged.
Here is a guide to How you can recover permanently deleted or corrupted media from windows. Also, you must read our featured article about How to Recover Encrypted files to know more.
A VPN is again an important tool that help you secure your privacy as it allows encrypted browsing that prevents cyber-criminals to drop malicious stuffs on your device. When you are online, you are continuously being tracked by hackers or unknown programs, or compromised websites. Such activities often allow cyber-crooks to take advantage of loopholes and inject malicious stuffs on your system. Thus. you should be keen to protect your privacy.
- It encrypts all the private data like credit card details, passwords, logins that are the most sensitive ones. So it protects your personal data against third-parties trackers and hackers.
- It offers absolute privacy while you are online. You can browse anonymously without being tracked by the advertisers, hackers and websites.
- Offers a super fast server speed that will never affect your bandwidth and also ensures uncompromising speed.
- It offers military-grade AES-256 encryption that ensures your personal data is fully secure.
- It helps users surf without any geo-restriction by automatically switching to the optimal protocol that is best for the network. Also it allows users to choose from other protocols within the VPN settings.
- Offers 45-day money back guarantees.
Hope these 5 security tools Help you Protect Yourself From Ransomware