Android 9.0 Pie: Now Simpler, Smarter and Powered With Artificial Intelligence
Android is rolling out with its new update as Android 9 and is named as Android Pie. Successor of outstanding Android Oreo – Android 9.0 OS is knocking at your door to get the best of intelligence, simplicity, digital wellbeing and ultimate navigation. This latest update is now available on Google Pixel phones but other users can enjoy it by the end of the year 2018.
Here’s what you should know about this update and what to expect from the new Android Pie or Android 9.0.
Getting pleasure from the first fresh Android 9.0 Pie on Google’s Pixel and Pixel 2 devices is showing an outstanding experience. Android One SmartPhone will get facilitated with the service by the end of the year. In addition the other devices became eligible to take part in the Android Open Beta.
It is strongly believed by Google that your phone should only be yours and should respond to your command. Listed below some of the most powering features with hundreds of improvements that is making Android 9.0 globally acceptable:
- Android Dashboard: It’s a completely new feature added to Android that focus on digital wellbeing. It means, this will help you to understand your engagement towards your android device or smartphone and also you get know about your habits. For example: You will get to know about how many times phone has been unlocked, number of notification received and apps used. Along with that, it has also you controls of how much time is spend on the phone.
- Wind Down Mode: Research says that about 70% of people want to limit their phone use but fails to do so. For those Android 9.0 is offering Wind Down Mode and Do Not Disturb key features. To activate this feature, you need to command Google Assistant about your sleeping time or do not disturb time. When the scheduled time draws-it will turn on Do Not Disturb and switch the screen to grayscale mode.
- App Timer: We are all addicted to smartphone which should have some limitations and android has also felt this. Thus, the new Android 9.0 Pie update will have a “smart timer” which will limit your app use and notify you when the app closing time draws near. This makes you less addicted to specific app. And user can enjoy their free time with other important activities.
- Adaptive Battery: Apps with the help of Machine Learning, the Android 9 is featured with the adaptive battery feature which wakes the apps only when is it required to use as per the habit of user. This saves the battery power consuming within the background running apps.
- Adaptive Brightness: Users can get facilitated with account personal preferences, give the ambient lighting, and manage adjustment to background.
- App Actions: Using the App Predictions feature which recommends the actions the user may take next.
- App Slice: This feature allows the user to use the part of the app UI along with the Google search results. This results in quick access or perform the search without actually opening the app. For eg: If user search for Lyft in Google, App Slice feature will show you complete data from price of trip to destination time. Thus making accessibility easier for particular apps.
- New navigation system: If offers a clean single home button that with an easy swipe shows all predicted apps, swipe up again to see all apps and slide to the side to see open apps. Here is the list of new gestures:
- Tap: Access the home screen
- Long press: Launch Google Assistant
- Drag up: Access to the recent apps screen
- Full Scan: Access to the app drawer
- Swipe to the right: Scroll through recent apps
- Back button: Go back (only appears in apps)
- Smart text selection
- Simplified volume controls
- Rotation Button: Appears on navigation bar as you turn the device
Security and privacy:
When it comes to Security and privacy concerns, Android 9 is enabled with industry-leading hardware safety capabilities. This feature allows protecting sensitive information like banking info. , account details etc. With improved privacy as TLS is by default and DNS over TLS will protect communications over Internet.
Its appreciating tech features are unlimited and many more are still in testing phase. If you want to have this piece of Pie then you must be having Google Pixel Phones. But not to worry, as Google assures that Android Pie will be available for more devices in the recent months.
Phones included in the list include:
- Essential Phone
- OnePlus 6
- Nokia 7 Plus
- Oppo R15 Pro
- Sony Xperia XZ2
- Vivo X21 and X21UD
- Xiaomi MiMix 2S
So, now you know what your existing Android version is missing. Android 9.0 will give the powerful to control various activities on your smartphone and also with the help of Artificial Intelligence, Machine learning and Data analysis technologies your smartphone is able to predict actions, adapt and manage controls. All these features will surely make things easier and innovative.